Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Microsoft announces Xbox One price: $499/£429 launches in 21 countries in Novembe

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the revamped Xbox 360

"Designed to fit in with the Xbox family"

Money grabbing cunts
    [IMG][/IMG]

Sent From TapaTalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Microsoft announces Xbox One price: $499/£429 launches in 21 countries in Novembe

Killer Instinct is a day one Freemium game apparently. Jago is free then you pay for extra characters.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was listening to a Live interview with Peter Moore of EA yesterday and he was asked what EA's stance on used games for the Xbox One is, whether EA will allow you to sell on. He refused to answer, they said they only found out on Thursday what Microsoft plan to do (yeah right!) and need to sit down next week and sort a business model. No doubt EA will fuck us over, that's why they've got rid of the Online Pass from the current gen...

Thanks to dannyboy

lithho (13th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by littlebilly1 View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the revamped Xbox 360

"Designed to fit in with the Xbox family"

Money grabbing cunts
    [IMG][/IMG]

Sent From TapaTalk
    Looks a LOT like the original 360 - just in black - now we know what happened to all the RROD consoles that were returned lol
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

Looks like ill be trying to convert my kids to Sony never thought I'd hear myself say that

2 Thanks given to baggy13

cassy34 (12th June 2013),  Rick Sanchez (11th June 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Too expensive but lets not forget (some have as usual) that the USA price is WITHOUT Tax, the UK has 20% added on.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just have a trip to Jersey and smuggle one back

Thanks to AD

Rick Sanchez (11th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was expecting £399 and although this is only £30 more .. to me it sounds a lot more and tbh I think they are taking the piss !!
    Maybe they are trying to recoup some of the losses from lack of Windows 8 sales ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by macmilm View Post
    I was expecting £399 and although this is only £30 more .. to me it sounds a lot more and tbh I think they are taking the piss !!
    Maybe they are trying to recoup some of the losses from lack of Windows 8 sales ;-)
    Maybe so but the PS4 is the console on it's own whereas the One comes with the new improved Kinect that works in small spaces which surely would retail for over £100 on it's own! I know Kinect isn't everyones cup of tea but using it for video has been a godsend for me.

Wonder if they eventually offer a cheaper version of the One without Kinect... Just to get the costs down.
    DF Moderator

Thanks
    Karma Level

think i will boycott the xbox one untill they lift the preowned game bollox, might get a ps4, £80 is a lot cheaper (from what they said on the radio anyway)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    think i will boycott the xbox one untill they lift the preowned game bollox, might get a ps4, £80 is a lot cheaper (from what they said on the radio anyway)
    As discussed elsewhere here the preowned rubbish is on the PS4 as well and both MS and Sony are not enforcing it - leaving it to the developers.
    DF Moderator

Thanks to EvilBoB

lithho (13th June 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Sony are doing the exact same as MS as far as im aware, 1st party titles can be resold however 3rd party titles second hand sales depend on the Publishers rules, so for example i would imagine no EA games will be sold 2nd hand at all or without a good fee attached to them since they are serious money grabbing shits, i should know i used to work there
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

2 Thanks given to Mystical_2K

AD (12th June 2013),  Rick Sanchez (12th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

well i will be looking to pick 1 maybe 2 up on release day - cost of console seems high compared to ps4 but as you are getting kinect included it does not seem that much - once you have added ps4 eye then price difference will not be that much (i suspect) - all comes down to what you prefer.

looking forward to picking them up with - gonna be a expensive november with additonal pads, fifa, ghosts, kinect sports etc etc

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well according to Radio Ones news Sony are not adopting it but m$ still are , who knows...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well according to Radio Ones news ...
    Thats says it all !!!

Thanks to macmilm

lithho (13th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_2K View Post
    Sony are doing the exact same as MS as far as im aware, 1st party titles can be resold however 3rd party titles second hand sales depend on the Publishers rules, so for example i would imagine no EA games will be sold 2nd hand at all or without a good fee attached to them since they are serious money grabbing shits, i should know i used to work there
    I diagree, it's not exactly the same. With MS first party titles, you can sell and trade at participating retailers. So you will take your game there, they will scan it, and then it will be removed from your system when you get home. This is why it needs to be connected every 24 hours and applies to all games, whether single player or online multiplayer. Third party publishers have a choice, they can allow or disallow reselling. What I think they may do is charge a fee at the retailers. So for example you sell your game at Blockbuster for £15, the publisher will take a cut out of that £15.

Sony you can buy, sell and trade first party titles anywhere. They are leaving it up to the third party publishers to choose what system they wish for resale. This is for the ONLINE aspect of games, they may opt for an online pass system much like the current gen does. Single player games are not affect, because the PS4 is an offline console and no checks are made Sony's end.

Speaking on GTTV at E3, Sony's Jack Tretton said: "The DRM decision for third-party games will be up to publishers."

However, Sony's senior director of corporate communications Dan Race later told Gamefront that Tretton was referring to playing used games online.

"The Online Pass programme for PlayStation first-party games will not continue on PlayStation 4. Similar to PS3, we will not dictate the online used game strategy of its publishing partners," said Race.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by shimmyshimmy View Post
    HOW MUCH!!!
    Have you been asleep under a rock?
    DF Moderator

Thanks to EvilBoB

littlebilly1 (12th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Always had Xbox at launch - not this time. This whole thing with fucking over the consumer regards 2nd-hand games, locking the games after 24 hours without internet connection and that ridiculous RRP has made me jump ship.

Some will say that it's no biggie about the internet connection but I say this is madness - a week or 2 weeks I could understand but every 24 hours?? They're proving once again that they are out of touch with the consumer.

I'll have a PS4 + Watchdogs + MW4 for near as dammit the price of one Xbox One at launch.

As for Kinect they can shove that wanky bit of kit up their money-grabbing arses. They really should have done a deal without Kinect as some people just don't give a shit about that kind of thing. Forcing it on people is just plain wrong.

Right, I'm off to the Sony thread to post up some love.

2 Thanks given to crazyal

macmilm (12th June 2013),  ZX7R (12th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's quite clear from this interview that Microsoft are aiming to go digital and believe digital gaming is the future. http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/0...ies/?rel=12971

"We're trying to do something pretty big in terms of moving the industry forward for console gaming into the digital world. We believe the digital world is the future, and we believe digital is better."

Mehdi made a comparison to the world of home movie viewing, where inconvenient trips to Blockbuster Video have been replaced with Netflix streaming on practically any device instantly. On Xbox One, having all games exist as cloud-connected downloads enables new features like being able to access your entire library at a friend's house with a single login, or loaning games to up to ten "family members" digitally and remotely.

Also more information on the sharing of games with up to 10 "family members":

Since its announcement, there has been some confusion over the details of sharing your Xbox One game library with up to ten "family members." Mehdi couldn't give comprehensive details but he did clarify some things.
    For one, a family member doesn't have to be a "blood relative," he said, eliminating the extremely unlikely possibility that the Xbox One would include a built-in blood testing kit. For another, they don't have to live in the primary owner's house—I could name a friend that lives 3,000 miles away as one of my "family members" Mehdi said.
    You'll be able to link other Xbox Live accounts as having shared access to your library when you first set up a system, and will also be able to add them later on (though specific details of how you manage these relationships is still not being discussed). The only limitation, it seems, is that only one person can be playing the shared copy of a single game at any given time. All in all, this does sound like a pretty convenient feature that's more workable than simply passing discs around amongst friends who are actually in your area.

Thanks to dannyboy

Mystical_2K (13th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Id get 1 if the internet wasnt needed every 24hrs like crazyal said 2 weeks check in. And as for the digital buying i dont mind, but microsoft should let you buy it and if you dont like within 30mins refund bit like android market place.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast