Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Microsoft announces Xbox One price: $499/£429 launches in 21 countries in Novembe

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoB View Post
    Just put some tinfoil over your Kinect
    I read in the viz that the kinect causes cancer and the illumiroom causes phantom pregnancies !!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Microsoft announces Xbox One price: $499/£429 launches in 21 countries in Novembe

Quote Originally Posted by macmilm View Post
    I read in the viz that the kinect causes cancer and the illumiroom causes phantom pregnancies !!
    That will probably be the headline on ign.com tomorrow mate haha
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

I read it on $ony's website.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    I read it on $ony's website.
    Must be true then lol.

Is it in the same section that lists the PS3 as being backward compatible and having multiple HDMI ports?
    DF Moderator

Thanks
    Karma Level

That's the one

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    Don't connect to the internet in 24 hours? then none of your games will work.
    Surely it will be a case of put the disc back in the drive?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    Incorrect.

Again from the $ony website:

......at E3 Microsoft confirmed that the Xbox One (that's 3 behind us) must connect to the internet at least once every 24 hours.
    It has been revealed that failure to do so will see any media that has previously been played in the console (?? really? More like Media Centre with not very good exclusives) explode after the 24 hours pass.

Questions were raised regarding this to which a Microsoft intern stated "Well if you don't like it, buy an Xbox 360". We say buy a PS4 of course, I mean why wouldn't you. You can sell your games that you paid $50 for to a retailer for $5 who will then sell them on for $30 but at least you can put that $5 towards a previously played game (should EA and the likes let you).
    Last edited by Goldberg; 14th June 2013 at 01:03 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

No, the disc is just a quick way of installing the game to your hard drive and the cloud. After this, the disc is not needed. Then if you sell your game disc at a participating retailer, once they scan it, it will then be removed from your system at home and on the cloud. That's one of the reasons the 24 hour check is in place.

The problem with this is you can't sell your game on eBay or whatever as MS have said "participating retailers" numerous times. Surely MS will include an option to deregister and remove the game at home though so eBay sales will be possible....

Thanks
    Karma Level

How many of you have been banned from xbox live, i havent yet that i can remember, few of my mates have for giving shit over xbox live in games, 1st ban 24 hours, second ban 3 days, 3rd is week or month then permant ban, 1 pal got banned for in game voice thats what it said in his email yet he had his settings on friends only he never used to speak even to us while in party, just people filing complaints what if that happens while your on xbox one, for killing someone over and over and there team files complaints on you for been better than them you get banned and there your content and games become fucking useless, another thing ms havent thought about.

Thanks
    Karma Level

hahaha - that's genius. Surely that shows you still own the game. Maybe they will announce that this is the case in the near future. Certainly seems logical to me.
    DF Moderator

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

OK while not technically true I do like them pitting the digs in on Microsoft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSI...e_gdata_player

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    VIP WOOP !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Comfirmed on twitter by xbox support that if banned thats it you loose all rights to what games you have bought and all accounts that are on the xbox at the time off ban get banned aswell.

Thanks
    Karma Level

What you have to remember is that Microsoft already have a record of telling the world "This is the way its going to be" with Windows 8. Then when the world said "Fuck you", they resorted to a U-turn. I suspect Xbox one may be similar

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think a u turn will come but will it come in time.
    What was with windows 8, im still running xp ha ha so never follow that kind of stuff.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Basically they gave windows 8 a new interface that was designed for touch screens. The problem was it didn't work very well with the traditional keyboard and mouse combo. This left tradition desktop users out in the cold, so very few people are upgrading. Windows 8.1 is reversing this some what.

Thanks
    Karma Level

All they really need to do now is annouch that instead of 24 hour they have changed this to 72 hours. Then that would mean you could take the xbox away for the weekend and still play stuff if there is no internet or you were in a hotel where the internet prices were just rape.

I think then 90% of people would be happy and if people did sell games then they would get an extra 3 days to play them before losing them if they disconnect their console. I don't see how that is a big deal really. Once you have decided to sell a game you are unlikely to still want to play it in that time.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Still dont think 72 hrs is enough.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by normanji View Post
    Comfirmed on twitter by xbox support that if banned thats it you loose all rights to what games you have bought and all accounts that are on the xbox at the time off ban get banned aswell.
    That's harsh, my profile is on a lot of friends Xbox's. If one of them got banned I'd get banned too?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have a feeling a lot of the XBOX Ones 'features' that were announced this early on may be a bit of testing the water by M$..
    e.g. These are all the restrictive features we want the next Xbox to have, lets announce and see what kicks off in the Media/forums e.t.c.. perhaps see how badly they are slagged off and then maybe retract a feature or 2..
    I just don't see them doing every negative they have announced otherwise they might as well just hand the console war trophy to Sony and retire from the battle

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by macmilm View Post
    I just don't see them doing every negative they have announced otherwise they might as well just hand the console war trophy to Sony and retire from the battle
    they must be the dumbest bag of spanners in history if they announce crippling features at E3 and then retract them. The net is already over run with negativity and some of it is incorrect, its just snowballed from them being deliberately vague about factors and people have made up their own decisions.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast