Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Microsoft announces Xbox One price: $499/£429 launches in 21 countries in Novembe

Interview with Major Nelson. From it, it's quite clear Microsoft are looking at the future and want to go digital.

Some of the key points are:

- "Virtually" unlimited friends list
    - You can name 10 family members to share your games with. So for example, you buy a game and your son who lives elsewhere wants to play it. He can access your library and try the game out that you bought. But the restriction is one person at a time can play that game.
    - You can gift a game to a friend, but only once. The new owner can't sell that game on.
    - The future and vision of Xbox One is a connected console. The world is moving digital and online and cloud.
    - Xbox One is region locked (the PS4 isn't by the way)
    - The interviewer remarked the law in the EU regarding selling games, Major Nelson didn't know anything regarding that.
    - Regarding the 24 hour check in, you can use your phone etc to tether.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RtSGFryKwo
    Last edited by dannyboy; 16th June 2013 at 05:24 PM.

2 Thanks given to dannyboy

Bald Bouncer (16th June 2013),  beerman (16th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Microsoft announces Xbox One price: $499/£429 launches in 21 countries in Novembe

Major Neslon was saying yesterday that if a ban was placed then you would not lose access to any purchased games:- http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/15/m...paign=Engadget

Thanks
    Karma Level

Another interview with Major Nelson with questions from Reddit:

- If someone is banned, you will not lose access to your games, just mulitplayer.
    - Why can't someone with a physical disc get to play a game for longer than 24 hours if they have no Internet? Kind of dodges the question and quotes the 10 family members feature and accessing your games library anywhere, which is a feature of always being connected
    - Will MS change anything about the Xbox One after seeing the Sony conference? "We're not going to change anything" We're very happy with the Xbox One and really proud of the system and the games. We're confident of where we're going and confident that gamers will love their vision of the future.
    - The HDMI input is for cable boxes or even your Xbox 360 can be plugged in. You can be watching TV through your Xbox, and you get a game invite, you can instantly switch to the game experience. Or use the snapmode to watch TV on the right and game on the left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lMhjM9BK7M

Thanks
    Karma Level

Awesome interviews if they stick to their word. 1 console 1 xbox live required means i save £120 4 accounts in our house. 1 copy of game at my house & my son in different house can play it at same time as me awesome, my gaming bill halved. Xbox one very friendly for large & split family's. Very glad i pre-ordered one but did pre-order with ps4 (returnable deposit). Everybody hating microsoft at moment, but we all know most people will get at launch, will be sold out & people just like to moan and bitch.. i am so loving the family library of games.
    Hope sony dont have their network down for 2 months when they get all your credit card details hacked, & take away features paid for like linux os, so remember sony can and do revoke anything they wish to without asking your permission (and you pay for online this time.)
    I will probably have both systems numorous times like last gen, buy sell as when bored of system, then re-buy when good exclusive comes out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You cant use the same game at the same time across accounts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by SiE View Post
    You cant use the same game at the same time across accounts.
    Its just moan, moan, moan with you today innit ;-)

Thanks to macmilm

SiE (17th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

From what ive read, no you cant use the game at the same time, not sure about if you gift the game do you both get it or does it get wiped off the 1st xbox.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by normanji View Post
    From what ive read, no you cant use the game at the same time, not sure about if you gift the game do you both get it or does it get wiped off the 1st xbox.
    it gets wiped off your account and a message telling you to promptly fuck off and kinect projects a trading standards officer giving you the finger
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

major nslson has stated the original console can play the game with 1 other family member on different console at same time and 8 other family members can play on rest of your game library at same time multiplayer games unkown yet

Thanks
    Karma Level

also not known yet is that you buy the game and 2 of your family members are playing say halo 5 can you boot them off or do you have to wait for a slot. still think this is good for bigger familys etc but microsoft really need to let the public know exact facts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You get a 10 minute window and if you can frag or melee your family in time then they are fucked off and you can play... they don't allow rocket launchers though

Thanks
    Karma Level

thought they were adopting nintendo style fun mini game like rock paper scissors who ever wins can play

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by hutch View Post
    Everybody hating microsoft at moment,
    Trace the IPs - Probably slave labour kids in Japan employed by Sony to spam social networking sites. NONE of the announcements have put me off buying a One.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

In fact I'm happy that all the kids will end up with PS4s. Less shit on Halo/BF/CoD on the XBox. It's a win/win for me
    DF Moderator

2 Thanks given to EvilBoB

AD (18th June 2013),  macmilm (18th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yep, kids will go for the PS4 and us older folks would choose the One.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    Yep, kids will go for the PS4 and us older folks would choose the One.
    Quality over quantity See you online mate...
    DF Moderator

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just wait till the kinect is used in a really cool way.... All the kids will want one

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    Just wait till the kinect is used in a really cool way.... All the kids will want one
    kids : "daddy can I have an xbox please"
    mommy and daddy : "Hmmm we can't afford an xbox lets buy a ps4 instead - they are kind of the same right?"
    kids : "yay!"

me : "good no griefing from 12 year olds in CoD"

gaming population are happy.
    DF Moderator

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345