Close

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

XboxOne Microsoft announces Xbox One price: $499/£429 launches in 21 countries in November

Despite Microsoft's enthusiasm for its next-generation console, one important piece was missing from its Xbox One announcement last month: the console's price. Luckily, the company's E3 press event presented the firm with the perfect time to remedy the mistake: the Xbox One will sell for $499 in the US, 499 Euros in Europe, and 429 pounds in the UK when it launches this November. The console will be rolling out to 21 countries in all, so let the countdown to launch day begin!

Source: Rheena.com

2 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

H4ss4n (10th June 2013),  ilscuro (10th June 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Microsoft announces Xbox One price: $499/£429 launches in 21 countries in Novembe

Think i'll hang on for a few months until the price comes down and hopefully some kick ass games come out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Microsoft announces Xbox One price: $499/£429 launches in 21 countries in Novembe

WOW thats a hefty price tag in the current market. With a couple of games and a 12 month gold account thats a lot of cash!

Games look good but I cant justify that kind of cash at the moment on a console. I was hoping for £299 - £349.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not put me off at all. 2 ordered can't wait.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I reckon sony might be able to do 299 as they dont have the kinect to bundle although that ddr5 is pricey.

Thanks
    Karma Level

499.00 USD = 320.224 GBP

I know VAT n shit but fuck

Thanks to raelmadrid

lithho (13th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

And yet the Yanks get it for the equivalent of £320ish.

If I bother, it'll be a year before I buy.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Seems good value to me when you take in to account how long the Xbox 360 has been out (8 years I think)? That would make the Xbox One around 50 odd quid per year on the same life-span.

Thanks
    Karma Level

no sound during the whole crimson dragon trailer and took ages for them to get BF4 trailer working, someones in trouble I think!

Day One edition: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CMQTVK0/..._EDWhF.0E4WDQH

• Xbox One - Day One Console includes a limited edition controller, token code to unlock Day One achievement, premium packaging, and decal.
    wonder if they are doing similar here

Thanks
    Karma Level

If titanfall and killer instinct are available on day one i might have to purchase.

Thanks
    Karma Level

also anyone spot the rape reference during the KI demo - awkward

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I was hoping somewhere around £350. With a game I reckon it'll be £500 which for a casual gamer really is a lot.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My kids think they getting 1 each, they can piss off, not even getting 1 my self not at that price.

4 Thanks given to normanji

EvilBoB (11th June 2013),  lithho (13th June 2013),  Rick Sanchez (11th June 2013),  TheFincher (11th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

when people pay more for a fucking phone, the price doesn't seem so steep but personally I wouldn't pay that for a phone, or a console.

Unless it bombs, the price wont drop for a good while though, Sony hung on to the PS3s silly price for as long as they could.

I wonder if interest in other consoles has gone up again with this announcement.

Thanks to {{909}}

Robbo (11th June 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Well I'm not staying up for the 2am ps4 reveal. Will watch it when I get up at 5am.

DF Super Moderator Rick Sanchez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Maybe they've changed their business model to profit straight away unlike the PS3 model of loss with every unit sold

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Domain Registration, SSL Certificates and Web Hosting - Fusionhost- 25% Discount Available On All Web Hosting Plans For DF Members - Code: DF2022

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Well the PS4 is cheaper!

Thanks
    Karma Level

E3: PlayStation 4 console priced cheaper than Xbox One

By Leo KelionTechnology reporter

Andrew House, Sony: "This is a completely new platform and in many ways represents a completely new PlayStation"

Continue reading the main storyRelated Stories

Sony is set to sell the PlayStation 4 for a cheaper price than Microsoft's rival Xbox One.
    The Japanese firm announced at the E3 trade show that its machine would be sold for £349 in the UK, $399 in the US and 399 euros across Europe.
    It added that it would not impose restrictions on second-hand games.
    Sony also unveiled what its box would look like, having previously kept the design under wraps at its February PS4 press conference.
    For many in the audience at the Los Angeles event, the scale of the price difference came as the biggest shock.
    Earlier in the day Microsoft had revealed its new console would cost £429 in the UK, $499 in the US and 499 euros.
    "Clearly the big headline is that the PlayStation is going to be $100 less than the Xbox One when they come out in the US," Stephen Totilo, editor-in-chief of the gaming news site Kotaku, told the BBC.
    "Microsoft is going to need to look again at its price or explain why it offers better value, such as the inclusion of its Kinect sensor.
    Continue reading the main storyView from E3

Dave LeeLos Angeles
    If console battles were decided by the frequency and volume of whoops and cheers from excitable gaming fanatics, then Sony has won it hands down.
    The biggest of all was about price. The PS4 will cost $399 or £349, a price point which drew gasps and then cheers from the audience in Los Angeles.
    Cost aside, it was Sony's stance on DRM - digital rights management - which also drew huge applause.
    "PS4 will not impose any new restrictions on your use of PS4 game discs," said Jack Tretton, boss of Sony Computer Entertainment America.
    It was a cheer for what his audience saw as basic right.
    Unlike Microsoft, however, Sony has still to provide a launch date, indicating only that the PS4 would be released in time for the "holidays" - a reference to Christmas.

"Of course, in the short-term it may not matter too much because when new consoles launch, supply is typically limited and hardcore gamers will pay anything to snatch them up. But six months or a year later on it will make a difference and Microsoft may feel at that point that it needs to match price with Sony."
    Second-hand gamesSony also sought to distinguish its games machine by announcing it would not introduce any new restrictions on pre-owned disc-based games bought from friends or retailers, nor would it require users to regularly authenticate their machines via the internet to allow games to continue being played.
    By contrast, Microsoft has introduced limitations on who consumers can buy second-hand titles from and has introduced a requirement to connect to the net once every 24-hours to play games on the Xbox One.
    "With Sony continually pushing their gaming credentials and the development of the PlayStation brand for gamers throughout their presentation - it has very publicly slapped Microsoft across the face," said Alex Simmons, UK Editor-in-Chief of news site IGN.com.
    "Talk of restrictions on the sale of pre-owned games and a requirement for an internet connection have been two of the largest consumer concerns surrounding the next-generation consoles."
    'Pole position'Sony's gaming division accounted for $7.5bn (£4.8bn) worth of sales inits last financial year, representing just under 10% of its total revenues.
    The PS4's predecessor, the PlayStation 3, beat the Xbox 360 in terms of global shipments but was in turn outsold by Nintendo's Wii, according to market research firm IDC.
    London-based The Order: 1886 was among the exclusive PS4 games revealed at E3
    However, the Wii U - which launched in November - has failed to meet its sales projections, something Nintendo has blamed on delays to games releases.
    "It's a big opening, the Wii U hasn't performed up to Nintendo's expectations or that of the broader industry" IDC's gaming analyst Lewis Ward told the BBC.
    "You only get about once a decade to reset expectations around what a platform will be, and therefore the launch of the PS4 has the potential to move Sony back into the pole position it was at with the PS2."
    New gamesSony said that 140 PS4 games were in development, 100 of which should be released within its first year.
    Among the titles that will be exclusive to the PS4 which had not previously been revealed was The Order: 1886, a steampunk-styled shooter set in the 19th century.
    In addition, Square Enix announced that it was bringing Kingdom Hearts 3 - a role-playing game involving locations and characters from Disney cartoons - to the platform.
    Sony said it also wished to make the PS4 the most "open and inclusive" platform to independent developers and highlighted a range of titles from the sector including a remake of 1997's Oddworld.
    One expert suggested this was a deliberate effort to take advantage of the fact several small studios had complained of experiencing problems when trying to release titles onto the Xbox.
    Sony spent time to spotlight titles from small independent developers
    "While Microsoft has found itself incurring the wrath of many indie developers, Sony has taken the opportunity to reach out to the sector earning it access to great games and also a great deal of goodwill," said Christopher Grant, editor-in-chief of games news site Polygon.
    "But while Sony says that it allows 'self publishing', it's not the kind of open market we might think of when we hear the term in association with smartphone platforms like iOS or Android."
    Vita lives onIn addition to the PS4 news, Sony also talked up the PS Vita.
    It has previously acknowledged that sales of the handheld console had fallen behind expectations.
    But at E3 it stressed the machine was "just beginning its life cycle".
    It said that 85 titles were coming to the platform this year including Batman Arkham Origins, Killzone Mercenary and a new episode in Telltale Games' The Walking Dead series.
    It also described the Vita as "the ultimate companion device" to the PS4 since the handheld can stream the bigger machine's titles.
    Console competitionSony showed off new footage from the latest game in its Infamous franchise at the event
    Despite the PS4's price advantage, one observer at E3 said it was too soon to assume it would outsell the Xbox One.
    "You don't get the Kinect with the PS4 - Sony's Eye camera isn't as powerful and may be sold separately - so Microsoft can push the fact its sensor is worth the extra £80," said Stuart Miles, founder of the Pocket-lint gadget review site.
    "The other thing is that the Xbox One games line-up seems to be stronger at launch.
    "A lot of the games announced at Sony's event have been given a 2014 date and its Gaikai cloud streaming service won't start offering PS3 titles to the new console until next year as well."

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

so Xbox one is £429 + Dead Rising 3 (£50) + Xbox Live (£35)

think im gonna wait for a while to see how the launch goes
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ill wait till they go down to £100

Thanks to toonarmynufc

Detector (14th June 2013)  

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast