• Xbox One

43 30.07%
  • I'd rather play with my balls

30 20.98%
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: What are you getting PS4 or Xbox One

I have another issue with the always on console. If I buy both consoles and my xb1 is in standby mode but is downloading content and raping my connection I am going to suffer lag if I am playing multi games on the ps4 or the PC.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by SiE View Post
    I have another issue with the always on console. If I buy both consoles and my xb1 is in standby mode but is downloading content and raping my connection I am going to suffer lag if I am playing multi games on the ps4 or the PC.
    How do you sleep at night? lol.

Despite the fact I am now on an 80mbps+ connection, when I only had 7mbps until recently I would regularly have my Newznab constantly updating, two or three xbox 360s playing online, 2 pcs using VPN connected to work and Netflix streaming in the background. No problems ever. Sometimes one of the 360s would be downloading updates - no problems there.

If you are suffering lag on todays connections it's more likely to be a problem with coding of the game or the server.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lol first world problems. You can just turn it off at the wall.

Thanks to mysterym

EvilBoB (17th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am really concerned lads =D

Sticking to the snes.

Thanks to SiE

EvilBoB (17th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am really concerned lads =D

Sticking to the snes.
    Wish I still had my old SNES and SWC. I used to love that console and had LOADS of games for it. I know I could get an emulator etc. but it's just not the same imo.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox for me but not for 6 months or so until the price drops and many more games are produced for it. I seem to remember when the 360 was launched there were about 5 or 6 launch games and we had to wait a good for months for new stuff to hit the shops. I really only use my Xbox for online gaming with my mates, the PS3 I have is used to connect to Serviio, although I can do this with the 360.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got an old dreamcast lurking in a cupboard somewhere.... hmm

Thanks to macmilm

SiE (17th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoB View Post
    Wish I still had my old SNES and SWC. I used to love that console and had LOADS of games for it. I know I could get an emulator etc. but it's just not the same imo.
    This is why I recently bought a SNES and N64.
    However when the Retron 5 comes out I am going to invest in one: http://hyperkin.com/blog/2013/03/ret...aming-classic/
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't think I'll buy either on release day. I'll probably wait a year or so... And probably end up getting both.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

They got the used game part wrong. Both consoles has DRM but up to publishers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    They got the used game part wrong. Both consoles has DRM but up to publishers.
    But the PS4 has DRM for third party online games and online parts to games. The Xbox has DRM for single player games too

Thanks
    Karma Level

No they said afterwards they have the same DRM principles for 3rd party devs. ( if they choose not to let you sell the game on or pay a fee to do so ) But not required by Sony.

This also includes online passes etc
    Last edited by AD; 17th June 2013 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

No they said afterwards they have the same DRM principles for 3rd party devs. ( if they choose not to let you sell the game on or pay a fee to do so ) But not required by Sony.

This also includes online passes etc
    The PS4 is an offline console. There can be no checks with servers if a consumer buys a single player game and doesn't go online.

Unless something has changed since this article then I disagree. See this article: http://www.gamefront.com/sony-third-...s-online-only/

This morning, there were some apparent cracks in the strong positions Sony staked out at theirpress conference last night.
    During an interview with GameTrailers, Jack Tretton said that, “The DRM decision is going to have to be answered by the third parties, it’s not something we’re going to control, or dictate, or mandate, or implement.” The internet immediately exploded, with many on Twitter accusing Sony of walking back their statements from the presser last night.
    Rather than speculate, we went directly to Sony to find out what’s going on. Turns out, it’s a very similar system to what’s in place on the PS3 now. According to Dan Race, Senior Director, Corporate Communications for Sony, Tretton’s statements were referring specifically to playing used games online. He told me,
    The Online Pass program for PlayStation first-party games will not continue on PlayStation 4. Similar to PS3, we will not dictate the online used game strategy (the ability to play used games online) of its publishing partners. As announced last night, PS4 will not have any gating restrictions for used disc-based games. When a gamer buys a PS4 disc they have right to use that copy of the game, so they can trade-in the game at retail, sell it to another person, lend it to a friend, or keep it forever.
    This is good news for gamers, indeed. In a nutshell, you can buy a used single-player game for the PS4 and play it all you want. If you want to go online with it, you may have to deal with some sort of publisher-determined DRM, be it an Online Pass or whatever.
    I think we can put our pitchforks down for now.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox DRM is mandatory. The disc is nothing but a quick installation method. One you've linked your account to your game code you can chuck the disc away. If you delete the game off your hard drive you can just download it again. You can't sell or give the game to your friend because the license has been consumed by your live account.

PS4 game ownership is determined by the disc, whoever has it can play the game.

Thanks
    Karma Level

with all this shite that's flying around, it feels like its suddenly become incredibly confusing and complicated to just play a fucking game. As it stands its easier to buy a PC and play games on that, which to me is totally upside down. People buy consoles because they are cheap, easy to use, they can throw them to the kids and forget any sort of come backs or further hassle and now we have to keep out online subs topped up, apply updates for the OS and games on a regular basis, pay for DLC and so on. If you look at a service like steam, its fucking childs play compared to this bollocks.

Even if the whole DRM, online verification, game sharing, console locking and whatever else isn't as difficult to digest as it seems, the current confusion its causing it going to stick. This is beginning to sound like the events of the first video game crash where incompatibilities, game pricing and other issues caused a major drop off in the interest and affordability of gaming, which Nintendo solved by marketing one system and making the whole thing simplified.
    If apple ever needed a window to release a fisher price OS console, its probably wide open right now.

8 Thanks given to {{909}}

Ashley (18th June 2013),  Bald Bouncer (18th June 2013),  Goldberg (18th June 2013),  littlebilly1 (18th June 2013),  raelmadrid (18th June 2013),  rIKmAN (18th June 2013),  Shotgunjim (18th June 2013),  SpursSaint1 (8th November 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ps4 is winning hands down at the moment. M$ don't know what hit them. And they are $100 difference price. Complete reverse of the last release battle.

And you are right, PC gaming could come back into the picture. I still maintain a gaming rig and update it every 3 years and prefer to play fps on there. And tbh games are much cheaper much quicker on PC so it also makes financial sense to keep it running.
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    The PS4 is an offline console. There can be no checks with servers if a consumer buys a single player game and doesn't go online.

Unless something has changed since this article then I disagree. See this article: http://www.gamefront.com/sony-third-...s-online-only/
    Ahh Fair enough more mud has come out since I last read it

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.James View Post
    Xbox DRM is mandatory. The disc is nothing but a quick installation method. One you've linked your account to your game code you can chuck the disc away. If you delete the game off your hard drive you can just download it again. You can't sell or give the game to your friend because the license has been consumed by your live account.

PS4 game ownership is determined by the disc, whoever has it can play the game.
    You can still play from disc so dont chuck that away (Harry Hrrb said in an interview)

Regarding selling, you can but it will be wiped from "Your" account once its been transfered to another system.... Now if another dev wants payment or blocks it this is where the shit hits the fan..

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post
    with all this shite that's flying around, it feels like its suddenly become incredibly confusing and complicated to just play a fucking game. As it stands its easier to buy a PC and play games on that, which to me is totally upside down. People buy consoles because they are cheap, easy to use, they can throw them to the kids and forget any sort of come backs or further hassle and now we have to keep out online subs topped up, apply updates for the OS and games on a regular basis, pay for DLC and so on. If you look at a service like steam, its fucking childs play compared to this bollocks..
    See all the problems with the xbox one is about DRM and selling your game on....

Have they changed the way steam works now and you can sell your games on to someone from it??? Once you have installed the game on your PC with the CD key its linked to your account and as far as I am aware you cant sell it on?

Thanks
    Karma Level

But the One comes with $100 more hardware in the box.
    It's all swings and roundabouts these 'debates', in the end they will be just as equal - policies can change at any time.

Remember the 360 v PS3 'online' debate back in the day? Funny how people forget that... People are not happy that the One has to be online, but back in the 360 v PS3 days people were upset because 'Live' cost £35+ per year to play games online... PS3 was £0 BUT $ony then backtracked and started to charge for something that was inferior to Live.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Have they changed the way steam works now and you can sell your games on to someone from it??? Once you have installed the game on your PC with the CD key its linked to your account and as far as I am aware you cant sell it on?
    Exactly, and what about games you buy on PSN/Live/Nintendo whatever channel/iPhone/Android - None of them can be sold on to a friend once you are bored with them.

Thanks to Goldberg

AD (18th June 2013)  

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast