43 30.07%
  • I'd rather play with my balls

30 20.98%
Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Poll What are you getting PS4 or Xbox One

So what are you folks getting I was always an xbox man as there dashboard and ease of scrolling through it to contact friends and join games is hands down the best and the main point as to why as was a fanboy also the weight of the controller it just fitted nice into my hand. But with the new one round the corner I'm not so sure . I will be going for a PS4 this time round because of the 24 hour login I would go to the mother in laws for a couple of weeks a year to stay always bring my xbox with me but with the xbox one i won't be able to play single player as she has no net if I've read it correctly. ffs still have to go out the back to take a dump in her mums house.

Also the preowned games I always wait a couple of months before I buy and to pay fee because I borrowed a mates game is nuts. But then again until this is explained properly by microsoft no one knows what the crack is but I'm not holding my breath. I will have a tinker when the price goes down .So for launch day I will be going for the ps4 this time round what are you guys geting

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: What are you getting PS4 or Xbox One

I'll be living abroad in a country with proper shite internet. PS4 for me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I owned both previously but sold my PS3 about a year ago as it was not much more than a blu-ray player.

Now though things have changed.

I've got two kids and another on the way so there's no chance I can spunk £800 buying both when I need to buy a new house in the next year. So I've gotta weigh up the pros and cons of each.

My little lad is just coming to an age where he'll start console gaming so 2nd hand games/rental is a big bonus. +1 Sony

I prefer Xbox pad but PS3 pad is gonna be better for my lad to use and I'll get used to it again in time. Draw.

Both have blu-ray/media streaming. Draw.

Both are virtually identical hardware wise so games should look no different. Draw.

Xbox live pissed all over PSN but it would seem PS are upgrading PS+ to be competitive. Plus a number of my mates have already decided on jumping ship to PS. Draw.

I can buy a PS4 and a game for £400. +1 Sony.

PS4 it is.

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

PS4 for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

For this current gen the Xbox 360 has used up 95% of my console gameplay time.

However, this time round I think Sony had hit the nail on the head when it comes to giving gamers what they want. So I've pre-ordered the PS4 from a couple of places.

I'm not ruling out the Xbox One but I am prepared to wait a few months to see how it and its games performs.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Ps4. Much preferred my Xbox over ps3 but all my mates are now jumping ship. Cheaper , more horse power and no drm nonsense

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sony managed to convince you that they hit the nail on the head, in reality they are pretty much geared to fuck us in the ass as much as MS are. They both want to charge us for s/h games but neither of them wants to be the leader.

Although that makes no odds in my decision, neither of them for atleast 12 months. There's too much chance of the hardware being fucked, the price may drop after 12 months and there may be a decent title available by then. I cant see any reason to buy one at launch and neither offer anything new or exciting that I cant play already, cheaper.

I think, in the eventuality I would go for a PS4, It still has the edge with the few decent japanese developed games that are left and at the moment plus I despise everything is doing to the gaming industry, even of Sony aren't far behind them. The days of me owning all the current consoles for the sake of it are over.

Thanks to {{909}}

macmilm (14th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox one for me.......

Everyone's forgetting one major thing.............. Sony piss all over everyone and dont give a fuck. (remember the old ps1, ps2 chip days with Raptor and the latest jailbreak days with Geohot etc)

DRM is an issue and both consoles will have it, Microsoft is being semi transparent and saying its there. Sony are saying "no we dont have it you can share and sell" one day and the next "Yes we do, but its up to the publisher!"

Price is a no brainer, I was expecting more to be honest so its a bonus for me but the extra you pay for the xbox one is for the kinect ( People paid £120 for the last kinect when it came out, People are whining just because they are saying you have to have it with this version.. I see it as future proofing peoples investment and they dont have to spend later )
    Whats going to happen if they did the PS4 route and didn't include it and then say further down the line say "If you want to play our latest games you have to buy a PS eye, sorry but this is the way it is... Like it or still play your old games and ps3" People will be crying saying "OMG, they didnt say I needed this when I bought it when it came out!!!!! Damn you!"..... So if the Kinect last time was £120 and the updated one is a 1080p HD camera with better response and requires less playing space then I would say the XBox One console on its own must be below £300.... So up yours Sony in that respect

Internet connection required.... Sorry but I play multiplayer games mainly and the games that are coming out that share a single player game with multiplayer friends jumping in is floating my boat. So having to connect to live every 24 hours is not a problem.

You may say Im a fanboi for Xbox, I would say I am but I have had every console you can imagine from Atari 2600 to Xbox 360/PS3, Every Sony console thats come out apart from Vita...

Can you guess which is the current get thats gathering dust under the TV?

I rest "MY" case.......

2 Thanks given to AD

miffy (14th June 2013),  Robbo (18th June 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox for me. To be honest I dont play much these days, but I like the idea of the media centre. I also had a ps3, which I never played, couldn't get on with the controllers. So was sold some time ago.
    TAR seems to be a decent bloke!

Thanks
    Karma Level

How about having the option in the poll

"I'm a old fashioned kinda person who like to actually like to see and use the products to help make an informed choice before making my mind up... instead of listening to the corporate bollocks and generally being a fan muppet"

?????

5 Thanks given to MsDG

akimba (14th June 2013),  Ashley (14th June 2013),  GTI (14th June 2013),  Mr Slippyfist (15th June 2013),  WRATH OF BOD (14th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thats what "I'd rather play with my balls" is for.

But seeing as you dont have any.........

bobo06, we need a 4th option

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't really play games (other than COD and that novelty only lasts a couple of months) so I will probs just get the PS4. At the moment I have all the consoles but they just gather dust. Always preferred Xbox but most my mates had ps so I made the move and given the deets it sounds like ms have fucked up big time, even if they do go back on some of the features.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Am getting 2 x Xbox one and ps4 plus 4 games on release day for me and the kids.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

im going to wait a few months to see what the restrictions are like/not like when they have had a few months in peoples homes

PS4 - wont buy one because of the controller - always hated the PSX controllers since the first Playstation -
    XB1 - well the 24 hour online connection requirement means i cant take it away with us when we go cornwall, wales etc. to stay in a cottage (we do this at least once a year) and theirs usually fuck all chance of internet even from a mobile connection

that and they are both fucking us over with 2nd hand games (which is where i get a good 50% of my games) so im not overly inclined to give either of them my cash

Dead Rising 3 was one of the only reasons i wanted the XB1 and its exclusive to that so if i do want it i will have to cough up the cash

But after some thought i realised that one of the things i like doing now is going back on my 360 and playing older games e.g. Dead Rising 1 + 2, now i can do this offline wherever (literally) i want and providing i still have a 360 somewhere in the future i can always do this
    however with the XB1 the games have a limited shelf life (i.e. as long as MS servers keep running) and some games could be disabled etc. or if MS did go under or got out of the console business and theirs no servers to play the game with then im stuck without ever being able to play my games again, which quite frankly sucks donkey balls!

honestly i would not be surprised if EA started disabling older versions of their sports titles after a couple of years, similar to what they do now but with worse as you wont even be able to play offline

shit times indeed

/rant
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_2K View Post
    XB1 - well the 24 hour online connection requirement means i cant take it away with us when we go cornwall, wales etc. to stay in a cottage (we do this at least once a year) and theirs usually fuck all chance of internet even from a mobile connection
    You go on holiday to get away from all that crap (Well at least I do) and you already answered your own question with playing your xbox 360 and old games you haven't played before.

Dead Rising 3 was one of the only reasons i wanted the XB1 and its exclusive to that so if i do want it i will have to cough up the cash
    Im sure this a timed exclusive and will come out on PS4 when that runs out.

or if MS did go under or got out of the console business and theirs no servers to play the game with then im stuck without ever being able to play my games again, which quite frankly sucks donkey balls!
    You really think this would happen???? Microsoft go under? More chance of Sony/Nintendo and M$ putting their heads together and releasing one console together.

honestly i would not be surprised if EA started disabling older versions of their sports titles after a couple of years, similar to what they do now but with worse as you wont even be able to play offline
    This will happen and does happen, old titles like Fifa 07 are no longer played so why have servers wasting away on that (I have most Fifa titles in my collection that are just gathering dust, wont make anything back on them and can't give them away.. Kids m8's just say "Nah ta, its not Fifa 13")......... Nothing lasts forever.

Thanks
    Karma Level

xbox one for me - more likely pick 2 up

Thanks
    Karma Level

One of each here sons xbox mad daughter is Sony but now she's working she'll be buying her own thank god

Thanks
    Karma Level

pre-ordered both

is that the balls option?

Thanks to raelmadrid

Robbo (18th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo77 View Post
    xbox one for me - more likely pick 2 up
    Preempting the inevitable RROD?

Thanks to Mr.James

Ashley (14th June 2013)  

Awaiting Email Confirm Thalamus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

PS4 ticks all the boxes this time round. I was concerned how the PS4 looked but the exterior looks real nice on this video.

Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast