Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox 360 Beta registration for Xbox Live Update 2013 now open via Xbox 360 console

Major Nelson has just announced that registration has opened for the 2013 Xbox Live Update Public Beta for the Xbox 360. One of the key features of the update will be the ability to complete transactions using local currency, after Microsoft announced plans to discontinue the use of Microsoft Points during E3 this year. "We're inviting Xbox Live members worldwide to participate in the 2013 Xbox Live Update for Xbox 360 Public Beta," Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb wrote on his blog. "It will include updates to improve overall performance and the ability to conduct transactions with local currency, as Microsoft Points will be retired later this year.

"Unlike our previous beta programs, sign up is now accessed directly through your Xbox 360 console to streamline the experience. Space is limited, so once the spots are filled the beta will be closed to the public.

To join, look for the Xbox Beta Program tile on the home hub of the Xbox Dashboard."

Before signing up, be aware that all participants are required to sign a confidential non-disclosure agreement, and a full Beta FAQ will be posted here later today. It'll be open to any Xbox Live members in any of the 41 Xbox Live-enabled markets, but willing participants in Japan will have to wait for an opportunity to join the program at a later, as yet unspecified date.

Are you looking forward to a brave new world without Microsoft Points?

Source: Rheena.com

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Beta registration for Xbox Live Update 2013 now open via Xbox 360 console

Wow sounds like a really exciting beta. I can now pay in a different way. No deal, test it yourself

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Beta registration for Xbox Live Update 2013 now open via Xbox 360 console

Last time I did a beta for live every time I turned on my Xbox it did an update and took ages. They can fuck off if they think I'm doing that again to test their payment system.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

2 Thanks given to beerman

lithho (8th July 2013),  Zoots (6th July 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

it be better paying with money anyway, the times ive bought 1200 points for things at 560 msp then been left with stupid amounts only to have to buy more to top to buy the next thing, at the moment ive 360 points i wanna buy the dlc for fable 3 but id have to buy 800 msp just to buy it, then id be left with a stupid amount again.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Read on IGN that once the update has gone on, all pricing for the UK has increased.

I think 400 MSP was 2.99 is now like 3.20

Advice is to use your MSP before the upgrade.