Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default my weekends football bets for today

Swansea v Manchester United – 5.30

Twelve months ago David Moyes masterminded a win over United on the opening day of the season, but this year he will be hoping that United won’t trip up on the first day this term. When Moyes was at the helm at Everton they would usually have a slow start to the campaign but now Moyes is in charge at Old Trafford he won’t be able to let that happen, especially as the big clubs have strengthened significantly over the summer and will be gunning to topple the champions. A lot of pressure will be heaped once again onto the shoulders of Robin Van Persie, but the Dutch genius is well equipped to deal with that pressure and may even be better this year having had a year to settle in.
    Swansea have already been busy, having had Europa League qualifiers mixed in to their pre-season, and In both legs of the tie against Malmo they looked very strong, running out 4-0 winners. Summer signing Wilfred Bony has made an instant impact for the Welsh side and looks the perfect strike partner for Michu. This season will be tough for the team as Europe will put huge strain on the whole squad and this may well be reflected in their league results. At the moment however they will be fit and raring to go, which will mean we could be in for a great game between the League Cup and Premier League holders.

Although Swansea may have the edge on competitive match fitness David Moyes will have made every effort to create a winning start as Manchester United manager, and as such I feel that the champions may just be too strong in the end for Swansea.

Manchester United – 21/20

Diamond Bet

West Brom had a terrific 2012/13 campaign finishing eighth in the league and it will be tough for the Baggies to top that this season. One of the main men last season Lukaku has headed back to Chelsea and in as his replacement comes Anelka, who by now has played for about half of the world’s clubs. The Frenchman will certainly provide goals for the club but I doubt he will be able to fill the void left by Lukaku which may leave West Brom venerable this year.

Southampton were another team that had a terrific season back in the top flight, and although the famous second season will be playing on their minds I feel they will be looking up not down this year. Manager Pochettino made a great start with his squad last year and now he has had them for a full pre-season they are likely to have improved once again. A top ten finish looks on the cards for the Saints and with the new England talisman Rickie Lambert they look set to get off to a winning start.

Southampton – 11/5

Doubles & Trebles

Roberto Martinez has been rewarded for doing a fantastic job with Wigan by being appointed as manager of Everton and he will be hoping to take the team up another level. They have managed to keep hold of their top players so far, as well as bring in a couple of new faces to strengthen the side. Their opponents on Saturday are Norwich who may have a tricky season ahead of them and the Toffees will be hoping to take advantage of this and get an early win under their belts.

Upton Park became a bit of a fortress for West Ham last year and gave them a perfect platform to finish 10th in the league. They will be hoping for the same again this year and having strengthened in a few areas they may be able to push on further. It will be a big season for Andy Carroll who is vying for a World Cup spot and if he hits top form they are going to be a real force this season. They host the new boys this weekend in the form of Cardiff who may find life tough in the top division and the hammers may be able to capitalize on this.

Everton – 7/5

West Ham – Evens

Long Shot

I think this season could be a huge one in Arsenals history, after a baron run without a trophy Wenger may well be on his last chance to produce some silverware. He has been linked with some major signings which may be a sign that he realises he needs to produce the goods this season or he will be a gonner. At the moment none of these big signings have materialized but the squad does still look strong and with Giroud and Walcott looking in fine form goals will not be few and far between. They face the young faces of Aston Villa this weekend who will have to continue their progression rapidly if they are to avoid another relegation dog fight, and I’m not convinced they have it in them. The Gunners will be hoping for a big start, to keep the fans happy and a big win this weekend may go someway to easing the fans concerns.

Arsenal to win 4-0 – 16/1

Thanks to ganjaman2

Bald Bouncer (17th August 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: my weekends football bets for today

I'm watching the aresnal match 4-0 looks a sure thing.

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hope you didn't put too much on that sure thing 😛

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fucking Villa killed my coupon, twats!

Thanks to rIKmAN

ilscuro (17th August 2013)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Villa messed up my bets but I don't like arsenal so not too bothered as a lot of my gunner mates are crying about the result.