Close

Thread: Haye v Fury

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Haye v Fury

Hearing it has been called off due to Haye splitting his eye and needing stitches whilst sparring?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Haye v Fury

Sent From TapaTalk

Thanks to littlebilly1

keyser666 (21st September 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/new...ight-postponed

David Haye has been forced to postpone his eagerly-awaited heavyweight clash with Tyson Fury after suffering an injury.

Haye picked up a deep cut in training on Friday and the fight, scheduled for Manchester Arena on Saturday 28 September, has had to be put on hold.
    The 32-year-old Haye, a former two-weight world champion, was a big favourite to win against Fury, the former British and Commonwealth heavyweight champion.
    Haye defeated Nikolay Valuev to win the WBA title in 2009 before surrendering the belt to Wladimir Klitschko when they fought in Hamburg two years later.
    Haye, who saw off long-time British rival Dereck Chisora in his last outing in July 2012, was due to fight Manuel Charr in June - but that clash was shelved when Haye suffered a hand injury in the build-up.
    Fury's last outing had been in April when he fought he stopped the former world Cruiserweight champion Steve Cunningham in the seventh round at Madison Square Garden

Thanks to dannyboy

keyser666 (21st September 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Does look deep, no way he can fight with that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fury not going to lay a punch on him so should still fight, was actually tempted to pay the box office sub for this fight as well :-(

Thanks
    Karma Level

You would of thought he would of been training with a head band or something?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Now on February 8th

David Haye will now face unbeaten heavyweight contender Tyson Fury on February 8, 2014, at the Manchester Phones 4u Arena, England, following the recent postponement of their original showdown slated for this Saturday.A cut above 32-year-old Haye’s left eye, sustained in sparring last Friday, forced him to withdraw at short notice – and sparked a flurry of criticism and innuendo, mostly from inside the camp of bitter rival Fury, that the ex-WBA holder had deliberately sidestepped the non-title bout.
    Haye, however, hit back on Tuesday as he welcomed the speedy rescheduling of the anticipated grudge blockbuster, and then explained why he was involved in such serious training only eight days before being in due in the ring against Manchester-man Fury (21-0, 15 knockouts).
    News of the date in February is music to my ears,” said Haye, from south London. “I was absolutely devastated this weekend, and felt as though I'd let a lot of people down. But now, with this new date, I couldn't be happier. My fans will still get the chance to see what they all wanted to see this weekend -- they'll get to see Tyson Fury sparked out in a spectacular fashion.

“Sparring eight days before a fight is nothing new or unusual. I've done this before fights in the past and never had an issue."

To support that argument, ex-cruiserweight titleholder Haye (26-2, 21 KOs) pointed to past incidents when top fighters have suffered setbacks in training during the final countdown to a major fight.
    Look at the history books,” said THE RING’s No.2-rated heavyweight. “George Foreman sparred and got cut eight days before his 'Rumble in the Jungle' with Muhammad Ali – causing a six-week postponement. And Sugar Ray Leonard sparred and got knocked down five days before his fight with Marvin Hagler, but still managed to go on and win.

“Foreman and Leonard are two of the greatest fighters of all time, so if it was good enough for them, it's certainly good enough for little old me. Not only that, those guys were preparing to face the likes of Ali and Hagler, while I was preparing to fight Tyson Fury, a man whose greatest triumph to date is shedding a few stone on Belgium's Biggest Loser fat camp.

“These things sometimes happen in training, and to suggest I decided against wearing a head-guard, or that the cut was premeditated, shows a clear lack of knowledge and understanding. This camp was no different to any other, aside from the fact it ended on an unlucky and sour note.”

And Haye was not quite finished there. Further stoking the animosity between the pair, he warned 25-year-old Fury, sixth in the magazine’s heavyweight ratings, that hurling insults outside the ring will only make his battering inside it more painful.

Tyson Fury might start to get brave now that he's received a stay of execut1on and call me names and accuse me of ducking him but that will all be short-lived, I can promise you,” Haye said. “After hearing the nonsense he has come out with in the last few days, I'm even more determined to expose him in front of millions.
    Only the possibility of getting another chance to land punches on his massive head and doughy gut has helped cheer me up. The cut will heal, the fight will happen next year, and the fans will go home happy. The only difference now is that Tyson Fury gets an even nastier beat-down than he would have received first time round.

“Once again, I'd like to apologize to the fans for the inconvenience caused by the postponement, and also because they will now have to endure a few more months of rubbish spewing from the mouth of Tyson Fury. I had hoped to silence him for good on Saturday night.”

Source