Close

Thread: Cooking Gnocchi

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Cooking Gnocchi

I will at some point get around to making my own, looks pretty easy with the right tools.

However cooking Gnocchi is something I have never thought about until recently seeing someone do it off piste on the TV.
    We have always followed the instructions on the bag, boil it, server it, done! But I have had my eyes opened to par-boiling it and then frying off to crisp it up a little!

Fantastic, gives it a little crust, not too much, and a very nice flavour. You literally boil it near to the time on the bag, then fry it off on a medium heat to brown off slightly in places.

Served with your sauce or simply with pesto (home made when we can be arsed) and a side salad.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks to Goldberg

Mule (13th January 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Cooking Gnocchi

I love gnocchi and tend to boil it until it all floats, then serve as you have said with some pesto. Piss easy and very quick to make. As to making from scratch hmm could be a plan there

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Cooking Gnocchi

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    I will at some point get around to making my own, looks pretty easy with the right tools.

However cooking Gnocchi is something I have never thought about until recently seeing someone do it off piste on the TV.
    We have always followed the instructions on the bag, boil it, server it, done! But I have had my eyes opened to par-boiling it and then frying off to crisp it up a little!

Fantastic, gives it a little crust, not too much, and a very nice flavour. You literally boil it near to the time on the bag, then fry it off on a medium heat to brown off slightly in places.

Served with your sauce or simply with pesto (home made when we can be arsed) and a side salad.
    Not tired this. But does sound good. Making your own is pss easy, it can be messy for first few times. But, you wont ever go back to pre bought. You can make in bulk and freeze. It is not as great a fresh, but far better than packet. I say that, I have two packets as a stand by for emergences.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo25 View Post
    I love gnocchi and tend to boil it until it all floats, then serve as you have said with some pesto. Piss easy and very quick to make. As to making from scratch hmm could be a plan there
    Gnocchi is so versatile. I like making a simple but rich sauce (rich to me means adding booooooze (red wine)) then at the near end of cooking (of if half the Gnocchi is cooked) finishing it in the sauce.

Damn, I am hungry now!

Q