Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: eBay sucks for sellers

i only buy on ebay atm given up selling its not worth the hassel will probably use gumtree instead

Thanks
    Karma Level

A lot of buyers now know that ebay will side with them regardless so try to screw people over all day long. Its getting to a point where its going to start to lose profits because of it.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I have given up on ebay. I only use it to buy and then they are items under £10.

In the good old days I made £1000s buying and selling but that was when the internet wasn't full of chavs trying to rip you off.

Thanks to beerman

Rick Sanchez (23rd October 2013)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Decided to give eBay another chance today and sold my HP Monitor on it. Not bad, got myself a tidy price for it I suppose. Not great, but acceptable.
    Charged £5.10 for the FVF. OK... then 10 minutes later a further FVF of £0.95 for the P&P.
    Total filthy cunts and I'm done with them now permanently, that is truly disgusting and can't believe their getting away with it.

Not like they are skint and struggling, but they are ripping people off trying to claw back a few pence because a couple of wankers used to overcharge P&P in listings.
    BOYCOTTED. Even for buying stuff.

Amazon and eBid (going to investigate them first) for me now.
    Last edited by DejaVu; 4th December 2013 at 11:41 PM.

Thanks to DejaVu

Detector (5th December 2013)  

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

over the last 3 months we have had several people try this on by saying there was a problem with the goods, and demanding a parcial or full refund.
    I told them to send the item back in the same state as I sent it and id gladly refund in full, not one of them took me up. only one started to be a cunt saying that he was not going to post it back as it could cost him money and he just wanted a refund, I said no so he reported me to ebay and started a claim, long story short ebay decided in our favour and fucked him right off, to say I was surprised is an understatement.

the best way to get around the postage fees is to just offer free postage in the first place, or simply put up with it
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Obviously depends on the value of the item concerned but I've found giving free Royal Mail special delivery seems to go down well with customers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

that is what i have had to start doing as above.silly but when people see free p&p they seem to buy it more often.so i just add p&p to the price i want for the item and they seem to sell better.

Thanks
    Karma Level

nice bit of lurking there mate.
    Only in Britain….do we use the word “politics” to describe the process of Government. “Poli” in Latin meaning “many” and “tics” meaning “bloodsucking
    creatures”

3 Thanks given to consoles

beacytan (6th December 2013),  Detector (5th December 2013),  Mr 250 (5th December 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Someone tried to rip my mrs off on there recently. They'd got 100% feedback, tried doing her over so just sent a very polite message asking if we could send it back for a refund.

They instantly talked down to her and blatantly lied and just took the view log a fault with eBay - after a while of backwards and forwards (every time they'd leave their reply to the last minute whereas we'd reply instantly) I realised we were one day away from being able to leave feedback. I checked out the previous selling history and there were actually quite a few red marks which they'd been able to blag their way out of to get the score back up to 100% (and they referred to that in every item they had for sale).

I left a negative and they went mental, even leaving a very dodgy reply on the feedback. The best thing was they didn't realise you can leave follow up comments so now they look an absolute arsehole and the feedback basically points people to look at their previous selling history.

I hate rip off merchants at the best of times but they'll be losing £100 just before Xmas and it'll be back in my mrs' pocket - right where it belongs!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ebay is just basically a massive online Argos now. It's what they've been trying to get to for years, and stopping sellers from leaving bad feedback was the start of that journey.

Ebay don't give a toss about private sellers, they just want the moniez from business sellers. Pretty crappy of them really as private sellers are the ones that made ebay what it is today.
    Last edited by flumperino; 5th December 2013 at 09:27 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I used to shy away from making an official complaint but I have learnt it's the best way. Even eBay seem to agree with this as if you click the buttons for any problem (item not arrived, not as described, etc) it automatically opens a case.

I believe while a case is open a seller's paypal account is frozen which seems to really wind up sellers. With that in mind, I only use eBay's complaint features (as designed and intended) if I believe I have a genuine complaint that's worth persuing.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over carl View Post
    I believe while a case is open a seller's paypal account is frozen which seems to really wind up sellers. With that in mind, I only use eBay's complaint features (as designed and intended) if I believe I have a genuine complaint that's worth persuing.
    I'm not certain but I think it's only the disputed amount that is frozen, not the actual account.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by neilb View Post
    I'm not certain but I think it's only the disputed amount that is frozen, not the actual account.
    my brothers was frozen a couple of years ago and it was the total ballance of his account, he was a cunt on ebay though to be fair so they were right!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
    When I was born, I was given a choice - A big dick or a good memory. I don't remember, what I chose

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by sirdave View Post
    my brothers was frozen a couple of years ago and it was the total ballance of his account, he was a cunt on ebay though to be fair so they were right!
    Yeah, I know they freeze the account if they think there is something fraudulent but just for a single dispute such as something not received I do think they just freeze that amount.

Like I said I could be wrong, they seem to change their rules whenever they feel like it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sellers can be cunts too though !! My wife saw a watch on there while at work and her mate offered to get it for her on her account .... The watch arrived earlier in the week and does not work ! It was advertised as new in box bur the plastic bit in the winder was not there nor the front plastic cover for the face ....They messaged the guy and said its not working and said we will take it to a shop to get the battery changed...but if that does not work then we want to return it ..... he said no ... return it to me in the packaging it came in complete with the plastic winder part ? and he would get the battery changed and if that didn't fix it he would get a jewelers report done and charge them for it and if they didn't pay it he would take them to small claims !!
    i told them to just ignore him from now on and put a dispute in with paypal ... they did that and now he is threatening to get the police involved lol !! They are a nice couple and this guy is scaring them with all these threats ...i feel like just saying forget it and write it off as its only £43 but i am pretty sure that is exactly what this dodgy cunt is waiting for .......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12