Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Sky HD F1 2014 Heads Up

Hi Peeps

Just to let you know that I have the standard HD package for two plus years (paying £37.25 a month) and have just learnt from Sky that I will no longer have access to the F1 channel for when the new season starts and that this is only now available if I subscribe to Sky Sports or when the season starts, I can pay on demand.

Pretty gutted to be honest as I'm not really a general sports fan, however I will now only watch F1 on the BBC provided I don't loose interest with only watching a few races the BBC is able to air!

B

Although I have just found this on Skys FAQ's!

Will any live f1 be available next yr 2014 on sky ? - When Sky Sports F1 was first announced in March 2012, it was confirmed that we would be bringing live coverage of each season up to and including 2018.

http://f1broadcasting.wordpress.com/...rom-april-1st/

The F1 Broadcasting Blog can confirm that from April 1st, new customers will need to take the Sports pack in order to view the Sky Sports F1 channel.

In a statement to this blog, Sky said “I can confirm that new HD customers will need to take Sky Sports in order to receive the F1 channel from April 1st, existing HD subscribers will continue to receive it however.”

This change has been rumoured for a while, ever since this post was put on the Sky Views website in mid February. The statement confirms that the change will affect new customers from April 1st, but that existing subscribers remain unaffected. Please note also that this affects Sky only, as far as I know, things will be remaining the same for Virgin Media subscribers.

The move also explains the advertising blitz from Sky concerning Sky Sports F1 and the HD Pack – even going as far as a ‘virtual grandstand’ via @SkyF1Fan on Twitter – in order to try and convert as many people over as possible before April 1st. For those not wishing to take up Sky’s offer, a list of ways of viewing Sky Sports F1, and via the cheapest methods for 2013 is here.

It is not a surprising development, it has to be said, but a disappointing one. Given that existing customers are already locked into the channel though, the change will not directly affect the viewing figures for the channel, and nor will it ‘mysteriously disappear’ from customers’ packages.
    Last edited by bomberman; 25th October 2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Update?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sky HD F1 2014 Heads Up

This seems like old info I'm sure this has already happened at the beginning of this year

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    VIP WOOP !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bomberman View Post
    The F1 Broadcasting Blog can confirm that from April 1st, new customers will need to take the Sports pack in order to view the Sky Sports F1 channel.

In a statement to this blog, Sky said “I can confirm that new HD customers will need to take Sky Sports in order to receive the F1 channel from April 1st, existing HD subscribers will continue to receive it however."

I am confused? It says here that only new customers have to take a Sport pack out?
    We all make mistakes sometimes

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

I stopped watching that shite the minute they switched to SKY. I refuse to pay for something that was Free to air prior. Plus I refuse to waste time watching something that for the most part is a procession dominated once again by one driver. 10 minute highlights on BBC is all that is needed.

Besides..... wiziwig.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I watch the first lap if the german is leading race over

Thanks to toonarmynufc

Tim.Lad (30th October 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Latest update

Because I accepted a gesture of good will (two months of free movies) my contract changed (was not informed of this at any stage). I woke Saturday morning and put F1 on only to find a request to subscribe to Sky Sports! Phoned Sky only be informed that they can't reinstate my package and as such F1 has gone as my HD package changed. 15 mins later still no progress so cancelled given the fact that I was not informed of this change and feel robbed (why would I change my package at the tail end of the F1 season)
    The long and short of it is that if any existing HD subscribers make any changes or accept any gestures of goodwill you will loose F1 HD unless you subscribe to Sky Sports.

I now have Sky Sports for a month F.O.C so that I can watch the last few F1 races.

B

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Makes sense now the robbing bastardos

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    VIP WOOP !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bomberman View Post
    Latest update

Because I accepted a gesture of good will (two months of free movies) my contract changed (was not informed of this at any stage). I woke Saturday morning and put F1 on only to find a request to subscribe to Sky Sports! Phoned Sky only be informed that they can't reinstate my package and as such F1 has gone as my HD package changed. 15 mins later still no progress so cancelled given the fact that I was not informed of this change and feel robbed (why would I change my package at the tail end of the F1 season)
    The long and short of it is that if any existing HD subscribers make any changes or accept any gestures of goodwill you will loose F1 HD unless you subscribe to Sky Sports.

I now have Sky Sports for a month F.O.C so that I can watch the last few F1 races.

B
    I also got conned with this, so called gesture of good will, called them to complain without any joy so decided to cancel.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pault56 View Post
    I also got conned with this, so called gesture of good will, called them to complain without any joy so decided to cancel.
    I refused to let this one go and became a real pain in their butt, and managed to get my subscription reinstated "HD Legend Pack" so now I'm back and able to watch F1 again as part of my package :-)

Don't give up on the fight

B

3 Thanks given to bomberman

ant3b (14th March 2014),  Geko (14th March 2014),  liveseytowers (14th March 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm hoping my NowTV day pass will work. Going to try it on Saturday night at 9pm so it's valid for the race on Sunday morning.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

will do, thanks bomberman. "hd legend pack" sounds tempting never heard of it before.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Same thing happened to me, took up an offer and lost the F1 channel they were real cunts about it so cancelled, I just download the race later in the day and watch it then, its no big issue for me doing that