Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info How To Install OS X Mavericks Hackintosh On PC [Tutorial]

Want to install Mac OS X Mavericks Hackintosh on your PC? Thanks to the latest UniBeast release which adds support for Mavericks, you can now have best of both worlds (Windows and Mac) on your Intel-based PC.

The following guide will help you install OS X Mavericks v10.9 on your PC.

Requirements:

• Access to Mac for downloading OS X Mavericks from MAS and creating UniBeast drive.
    • 8GB+ USB flash drive.
    • An Intel based PC capable of running Mavericks.

Guide on how to install OS X Mavericks Hackintosh on your PC:

Step 1: On your Mac, download OS X Mavericks for free from the Mac App Store. Make sure the downloaded installation file is in /Applications folder.

Step 2: Download the latest version of UniBeast and MultiBeast from here.

Step 3: Format your USB flash drive using Disk Utility on Mac with the following settings:

• Start Disk Utility on Mac. Select your USB drive from the left hand column.

• Select the Partition tab from the right side. Click on Current dropdown menu and choose 1 Partition.
    • Now click on Options… button, select Master Boot Record.

• Type ‘USB’ as the Name for the drive. Select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) as Format type.

• Once done, click on Apply followed by Partition.

Step 4: Now start UniBeast that you downloaded in Step 2 above.

Step 5: Skip through the first few screens by clicking Continue or Agree, until you get to Destination Select screen.

Step 6: Select your USB drive and click Continue to proceed.

Step 7: On Installation Type screen, make sure Mac App Store Mavericks – 10.9 is selected in packages. Additionally, select Legacy USB Support if you are using an old system with Socket 1156. Select Laptop Support package if you are installing it on a notebook PC. Once done, click Continue, enter admin password for your Mac if prompted, and let UniBeast make a bootable Mavericks hackintosh USB flash drive for your PC.

Once done, move MultiBeast file that you downloaded in Step 2 above to this bootable Mavericks hackintosh USB drive (you will need this later).

Step 8: Now insert this bootable Mavericks hackintosh drive in your PC. Make sure the BIOS is set to boot the system from USB devices. When you boot from the USB drive, you will see Chimera boot screen, select “USB” and hit Enter on keyboard to continue.

Step 9: Once you are into OS X installer, you need to format the HDD you want to install Mavericks to using Disk Utility with the following settings:

• On the menu bar, click on Utilities, then start Disk Utility.
    • Select the HDD you want to install OS X to from left hand side.
    • From right side, click on Partition tab, then click on Current dropdown menu and choose 1 Partition.
    • Now click on Options… button, choose GUID Partition Method.
    • Type ‘Macintosh HD’ as the Name for HDD. Select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) as Format type.
    • Click on Apply followed by Partition to partition the drive.

Step 10: Once done, close the Disk Utility program, go back to the installer. Select “Macintosh HD” as the drive you want to install OS X to.

Click on Install for the installation to begin.

You’re almost there! Once the OS X installation is complete, you need to make this HDD bootable. This can be done using MultiBeast utility. MultiBeast can not only make OS X HDD bootable, but can also install the required drivers for audio, WiFi, graphics, LAN and more.

Step 11: Reboot your system again using the bootable Mavericks hacktintosh flash drive. From the Chimera boot screen, select “Macintosh HD” this time.

Step 12: Start MultiBeast, from here, choose all the drivers required for your PC. Once done, click on Build followed by Install to complete the installation.

That’s it! You now have fully working OS X Mavericks installed on your PC.

Source
    Last edited by evilsatan; 28th October 2013 at 06:35 PM.

2 Thanks given to evilsatan

lucky01 (17th December 2013),  XBOX4LIFE (1st July 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: How To Install OS X Mavericks Hackintosh On PC [Tutorial]

Thanks bud, I know it's old but I'm going to try this tomorrow, is it all still relevant ? I'm going to be using a mates macbook air to create the files as long as it'll let me download apps, is there not a pre-made image knocking about anywhere ??

Thanks
    Karma Level

there's a few on the newsgroups but if you can use a mates air I would do it that way, I downloaded a couple of images and neither would boot whatever I tried in the end I bit the bullet and updated my macbook from snow leopard to mavericks but used the same image to upgrade my hackintosh to mavericks, my laptop worked great the hackintosh not so much, mavericks wasnt happy with the hardware that snow leopard has run on for years, in the end I stayed on mavericks with the macbook but the hackintosh had to go back to snow leopard just because I needed it up and running and ran out of time,

one thing I will say is to make sure you take an image of the drive once its up and running just in case and if youre installing it onto a 1tb or greater hdd you grab a copy of the boot1h file on a spare usb to fix the boot0 error.

if you do get this error once you've unmounted the drive and opened terminal they say you only need to type in dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2 to fix it, but for whatever reason it looks like it works and its been patched but never does, but adding an r to it fixes it for me at least making it, dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2

http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-e...ial-guide.html

if I can help with anything just give us shout

Thanks to casio

XBOX4LIFE (2nd July 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I tried today on a mates mac air today but it hadn't been updated and I couldn't find multibeast, he's in Spain for the week and I didn't want to update it without speaking to him first
    Built a new system not too long back and wanted to try it on that ( i7 4770K, Asus Z87 sabretooth, 32gb ram, 512ssd )and a core2duo 8400 laptop, your right though a fresh image is gonna be best, I will sweet talk him when he's back, always been windoze but 8.1 has made me look elsewhere ! tinkered with Linux but I really like the feel of the macs I've used
    I can see me filling this thread over the next few weeks
    Thanks Casio, appreciated dude

Thanks to XBOX4LIFE

casio (2nd July 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

you dont need to update the air to mavericks to get it to work just download it and when it asks if you want to install it just say no, try http://www.tonymacx86.com/home.php for multibeast as well as anything else you need, all you need to do is sign up and you can download the apps you need whenever

Thanks to casio

XBOX4LIFE (2nd July 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've now got the USB sorted, gave it a try on my laptop and it boots fine but I need to back it up later before installing, got everything I needed from that site mate thanks again, will post my results from my PC and laptop installs later, hopefully they'll go without issues

Thanks
    Karma Level

Must have a bios setting wrong or my boards not compatible ?
    error.jpg
    Any ideas
    Gonna try the laptop now......

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Had this happen to me a lot back in the day when I was dabbling with Hackintosh.. usually a bios incomptability as I recall.

all of this needs mega patience LOL

supe
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2920820230.png

Thanks to supraman54

XBOX4LIFE (3rd July 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

that looks like the drive you're trying to boot isnt patched but to be on the safe side boot into the bios and set it to optimized defaults, change IDE to AHCI and if you can change the power management to HPET and 64bit, if your CPU supports it you could have to disable VT-d as well. then save and exit.

if it still doesnt boot you know its not the bios,

reboot and when it gets to the chimera boot screen type -x to boot into safe mode from there run multibeast again and if you have the right DSDT file use that if not go the easybeast route once you've selected your config save it and install it (within multibeast) and then reboot

Thanks to casio

XBOX4LIFE (3rd July 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by supraman54 View Post
    all of this needs mega patience LOL supe
    couldnt agree more, ive been doing it for years and its made me walk away scratching my head especially with the problems I had thanks to mavericks not accepting a valid kext that worked under snow leopard

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was up till nearly 2am tweaking the bios, had to slow it back to standard and remove 3 sticks of ram but that got it running sweet on my main pc wouldn't reboot after multibeast install but I will have a look later what the problem was, I had to leave for work
    The laptop loses mouse and keyboard after multibeast install and reboot but they come back in safe mode ? Got that at work to see if I can get my head around it today
    I'll keep you posted

Thanks
    Karma Level

I forgot about the less than 4gb of ram when installing sorry m8, as for the usb make sure legacy is turned on in the bios and if it is and its still having issues install these two kexts to system/library/extentions using kext wizard but repair and rebuild permissions and cache before and after to be on the safe side (I do it before out of habit)

the iousbfamily kext will hopefully solve the issue the one named iousbmassstorageclass would/should fix any problems with external drives/usb sticks etc you may not need it but its less than a meg and it's there if you need it

Kext wizard -> https://mega.co.nz/#!VVcQQRjL!AAFgZb...POZCfNsI-45IuI
    https://mega.co.nz/#!UIdGmQyK!o57c8v...fbdXgC8EKdGHrs
    https://mega.co.nz/#!VJdlza7Q!FqSMe-IlYjz35C37ZVDgIY9_Pl0rXO3mlPMM3Vkc170

Last edited by casio; 4th July 2014 at 09:03 PM. Reason: for some reason I thought the 4gb ram limit only applied to snow leopard

Thanks to casio

XBOX4LIFE (5th July 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm gonna have another look at it tonight, I had trouble with my sound card (acl1150 ) it bypassed that and used my harman kardon amp as the sound card through airplay, changing av channel to airplay, so I had sound or video not both it's taking time getting used to osx compared to microshaft, plus I only get network in safe mode so I need to look for new kext files or install them properly found a page on tonymac for sabretooth z87 but multibeast didn't have the kext they mention, kids go to bed soon, al have a quick smoke and crack on

Got everything bar sound working, quite happy with it tbh, the sound issue does require more patience than I have available currently.... whats good for nzb's

Thanks for the advice, i'm stuck @ no sound, and won't boot without Unibeast USB.... its worth trying the haswell iboot from tonymac ?
    Last edited by XBOX4LIFE; 7th July 2014 at 09:24 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

its worth a try but by the sound of it there's something not happening when it should be, off the top of my head I would ask if the dsdt you're using is the right one for the version of your mobo firmware because if its the wrong one it could work like there's no dsdt I suppose.

the other thing id ask is what version of multibeast are you running?

Thanks to casio

XBOX4LIFE (7th July 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

ive had to take the files down m8 if you need them again or anyone else does let me know and ill repost them, turns out even with 50gb of space I can still run out of room lol

Thanks to casio

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by XBOX4LIFE View Post
    I

Got everything bar sound working, quite happy with it tbh, the sound issue does require more patience than I have available currently.... whats good for nzb's
    try http://sabnzbd.org/

2 Thanks given to stevo25

casio (7th July 2014),  XBOX4LIFE (7th July 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I missed that bit lol yeah sabnzbd would be my choice but I also use NZBvortex for the odd bits on my laptop

Thanks to casio

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default How To Install OS X Mavericks Hackintosh On PC [Tutorial]

Quote Originally Posted by casio View Post
    ive had to take the files down m8 if you need them again or anyone else does let me know and ill repost them, turns out even with 50gb of space I can still run out of room lol
    Thanks mate, I got them
    I Should of said I went with sabnzbd not long after my post thanks though dude it works well
    Latest multibeast from tonymac, I'm not in ATM but will confirm later
    No dsdt following a sabretooth z87 success story from tonymac, it was an earlier multibeast and a couple of options weren't on the new version, I'll have a look for the earlier multibeast that might help, I've got the sound card installed but it won't output sound through hdmi or optical
    Last edited by XBOX4LIFE; 7th July 2014 at 09:55 PM.

Thanks to XBOX4LIFE

casio (7th July 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks on the tut am gonna try installing this myself cheers

Thanks
    Karma Level

Have a good search on tonymacx86 for your motherboard and multibeast options, running really smooth now, sound is ok through RCA but still need the USB to boot OS X no biggie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast