Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Most money made on a Nintendo Item?

What is the most money you have made on a second hand Nintendo item you sold, percentage wise

For me it was a Cube modem. I won two accidental thinking I was not going to get one or either, forgot about it, when I went to sell it, they were going for silly money on eBay, I got near £80, I paid less than £17.

Thats 78.75 % profit

Q

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Most money made on a Nintendo Item?

Not mine (wish it was), but this thread automatically springs to mind - http://www.digital-forums.com/showthread.php/863643

Thanks
    Karma Level

I remember that! But that's multiple items. Will be accumulative the best %, but do they reside here?

Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by QfanatiQ View Post
    I got near £80, I paid less than £17.

Thats 78.75 % profit

Q

oh dear, incoming....lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hahaa, I knew I should not have tried to do any maths. And I also know, If i alter my original post, your quote still retains the post prior to edit.

Balls!

Rip away people!

Q

Thanks to QfanatiQ

wakadoo (13th November 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't know if this one counts but years ago I got a free copy of Pikmin 2 on the Gamecube, it may have been from a magazine sub or Nintendo VIP points (can't remember). For some reason it sat on my shelf shrink wrapped for years as it wasn't a game that interested me. 2 years ago I put it on eBay and it sold for £50. £0 spent, and sold for £50 so percentage wise that is infinite profit :-D

Thanks
    Karma Level

I had a friend who working in a huge bread factory and all the employees there were kids in their mid 20's, through him I bought shit tons of consoles bundled with small games collections, split em and ebayed em, keeping the odd item for myself.
    90% of the time is was PS2s with the occasional xbox and even more occasional gamecube which I was always keen to take as I had more interest in Nintendo stuff for myself.
    One chap offered me a cube, with 8 games for 60quid (I think), which was a great price and when I agreed, it came with 10games so I was already onto a winner. Turned out one of the games was Skies of Arcadia,which, unknown to me was rare, shoved it on ebay and it went for more than the cost of the bundle in the first place, so I basically got a cube and 9 games for -£.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ive got a still sealed mint streetfighter 2 turbo for the snes. Worth a few quid.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I collected a Gamecube at launch from Toys R Us with my brother in law.

He stayed over the night before happily bunking off school for the day also to collect his.

Whilst hanging around the customer service waiting for me to wrap shit up, his console by his feet, the woman behind the counter said here, this one's yours, handing him another.

Clocking this I happily said go take it to car practically launching my keys at him, we split the sale 50/50.

I'll bore you all with my free (original) Xbox and also free launch PS3 stories another time.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I had a mint in box balloon fight crystal game & watch. Bought for £30 back in the day. I sold it for £650 on eBay about 2 years ago.. So what's that about 2000% profit?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've bought and sold a lot of retro game stuff over the past year or so after picking stuff up at boot sales. I bought a snes for £10 with super mario world and two pads in a carrycase and it sold on ebay for £45. Myhermes bashed it up a bit and the buyer claimed it didn't work so i took it back and claimed it as damaged through myhermes. I then tested it and resold it as it worked perfectly and it went for £50. 4 weeks later I got the £45 back from myhermes so ended up £85 up after 4 weeks. Not bad!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post
    I had a friend who working in a huge bread factory and all the employees there were kids in their mid 20's, through him I bought shit tons of consoles bundled with small games collections, split em and ebayed em, keeping the odd item for myself.
    90% of the time is was PS2s with the occasional xbox and even more occasional gamecube which I was always keen to take as I had more interest in Nintendo stuff for myself.
    One chap offered me a cube, with 8 games for 60quid (I think), which was a great price and when I agreed, it came with 10games so I was already onto a winner. Turned out one of the games was Skies of Arcadia,which, unknown to me was rare, shoved it on ebay and it went for more than the cost of the bundle in the first place, so I basically got a cube and 9 games for -£.
    I hope you played Skies of Arcadia before you sold it, amazing RPG - great memories from playing it on the Dreamcast back in 2001!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    I hope you played Skies of Arcadia before you sold it, amazing RPG - great memories from playing it on the Dreamcast back in 2001!

No, I didnt, I also had it on the Dreamcast but it was a US import and for some reason I never got it to run on my Jap DC, I really wanted to play it and never got round to it, I guess I could always get it going on the Wii though.