Close

Thread: Nerve damage...

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Nerve damage...

We'll washing the dishes last night a plate broke in 2. The water from out tap literally comes out scorching, and the plate I was holding in my left hand cracked a s split, the right hand went into the side if my hand.

Off to A&E I go, doctor refers me to see a plastic surgeon. As I have some numbness in one area of my thumb he says I've possibly damaged 1 of 2 nerves in that area. I haven't lost sensation, just this numb feeling.

So now waiting for a phone call to go back to see the top dog plastic surgeon to decide wether I need operated on today under anesthetic! Great!

Plus side of this, if it turns out I can't work because of this I'll be home for Xmas this year!

PS just had the call off to A&E I go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Nerve damage...

I put a knife through my web space (between thumb and forefinger) last year, severing an artery and a nerve. Off to the plastics department and one operation later...the doc said it may take upto 9months for feeling to come back in my forefinger but there was only an 80% chance of that! To this day my forefinger on my right hand is numb....really annoying actually coz I can't tell if it's been injured straight away plus its a completely different feeling when it's up the Mrs...
    Recent Mac convert...

2 Thanks given to Welsh Pete

akimba (30th November 2013),  CallmeGoose (30th November 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeGoose View Post
    We'll washing the dishes last night a plate broke in 2. The water from out tap literally comes out scorching, and the plate I was holding in my left hand cracked a s split, the right hand went into the side if my hand.

Off to A&E I go, doctor refers me to see a plastic surgeon. As I have some numbness in one area of my thumb he says I've possibly damaged 1 of 2 nerves in that area. I haven't lost sensation, just this numb feeling.

So now waiting for a phone call to go back to see the top dog plastic surgeon to decide wether I need operated on today under anesthetic! Great!

Plus side of this, if it turns out I can't work because of this I'll be home for Xmas this year!

Hope alls ok mate :-(

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh yeh, hope you have a speedy recovery I've also got some pretty cool photos of mine if your interested
    Recent Mac convert...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeGoose View Post

There is always a bright side !!!! At least next time you have a tug it will feel like someone else is doing it !!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I ounce cut a half inch chunk out, from the top of my thumb, if anything after three years it still feels like its cut, pain wise. Hope you make a speedy recovery.