Close

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Cat pissing everywhere!

We have 2 Bengal cats, brother and sister. They are 9 years old and amazing companions, very affectionate and amazing personalities. However the female cat loves to piss on things, not all the time but occasionally.

Is there anyway we can get her to stop without resorting to smacking her, and rubbing her face in it and putting her outside? (Which doesn't work anyway!)

Here she is... :-)

Thanks to CallmeGoose

H4ss4n (6th December 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Cat pissing everywhere!

Find out what's upsetting her, she is scent marking. . . .Feliway might help but punishing will just make her more insecure.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

2 Thanks given to blaggard

CallmeGoose (6th December 2013),  mc.dodd (6th December 2013)  

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't think she is insecure. It's not just a little wee, it's a full blown piss she does.

She's a great cat the rest of the time. Full of life and energy. She play fights with her brother all the time and hilarious to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

She may be having problems outside, try putting down a litter tray and see if she starts to use it. . . .
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks to blaggard

CallmeGoose (6th December 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

She is gorgeous!

Have you spoken to a vet about it?

Thanks to H4ss4n

CallmeGoose (6th December 2013)  

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I highly doubt it's a medical thing but we are at the vets next week so I can ask him then.

The boy cat is even cuter, he is more of an indoors cats whereas the female cat is more outdoors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks
    Karma Level

My cats do this from time to time. It's taken a while to work it out but it was firstly the location of their litter tray which I have now moved to the bathroom (Cats don't like going to the toilet when there are people around) and secondly I wasn't cleaning the litter tray enough. If I clean it twice a day they don't piss anywhere except their tray.

One other thing that seems to be a factor is the actual litter that I use. I am now using the blue Catsan "clumping" litter. Another one they also like was 'worlds greatest cat litter' or something - but that was expensive and could be difficult to get hold of.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry if this has been posted before
    Its known as Spraying. This can happen as a full blown urination or slight unseen wee.

Your vet my be able to advise. It tends to happen less if neutered or spayed cats and usually happens at around maturity or when in season (to attract a mate). Have they been? Are you intending to do this to them?

Your right, smacking or rubbing/outside will not work. You can try a mystify spray and spray them when you notice it. Other than that its a slow process of training. Have you had Bengal’s before? Sorry if I am telling you stuff you already know. These cats are very vocal, very much in need to attention (usually so) but at the same time can be still quite ferrile and lash out. They need A LOT of space and A LOT of things to keep them occupied. They are also due to their cost highly sort after and snatched, so get them chipped! Some people do not let them out, this can be a mistake.

Do they use a try or are they outside cats (for doing such business?

Tray – do they use this and still spray?
    Outside – Are they kept in after a certain time and this is when it happens?

Are these rescue cats or did you get them from a breeder?

Evilbob above makes some good comments if a tray is being used.

My Aunt has had many along with other temperamental and obstinate breeds, I would love to get two of these. Persevere if at all possible, don’t give up or loose it.

Q

Thanks to QfanatiQ

tombott (6th December 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by QfanatiQ View Post
    Sorry if this has been posted before
    Its known as Spraying. This can happen as a full blown urination or slight unseen wee.

Your vet my be able to advise. It tends to happen less if neutered or spayed cats and usually happens at around maturity or when in season (to attract a mate). Have they been? Are you intending to do this to them?

Your right, smacking or rubbing/outside will not work. You can try a mystify spray and spray them when you notice it. Other than that its a slow process of training. Have you had Bengal’s before? Sorry if I am telling you stuff you already know. These cats are very vocal, very much in need to attention (usually so) but at the same time can be still quite ferrile and lash out. They need A LOT of space and A LOT of things to keep them occupied. They are also due to their cost highly sort after and snatched, so get them chipped! Some people do not let them out, this can be a mistake.

Do they use a try or are they outside cats (for doing such business?

Tray – do they use this and still spray?
    Outside – Are they kept in after a certain time and this is when it happens?

Are these rescue cats or did you get them from a breeder?

Evilbob above makes some good comments if a tray is being used.

My Aunt has had many along with other temperamental and obstinate breeds, I would love to get two of these. Persevere if at all possible, don’t give up or loose it.

Q
    I was about to ask if they had been spayed. If they haven't it's an option to look at.
    Either that or restrict her access in the house if possible, to one room with litter tray and an exit to outside. She will soon get the message.
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tombott View Post
    I was about to ask if they had been spayed. If they haven't it's an option to look at.
    Either that or restrict her access in the house if possible, to one room with litter tray and an exit to outside. She will soon get the message.
    These are not the typical cat you can restrict movement to. These are the closest domestic cat from a ferrile strain (i cant spell ferrile but I hope you know what I mean (wild)). They are typically a cat for people who are used to such breeds like Siamese and the like.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Erm you can lock any cat in a room mate, doesn't matter what breed it is.
    I've had Siamese and Burmese cats.
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had cats years ago and this problem was solved by getting em neutered ... after that it stopped dead (not the cat, just the pissing)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

We have two bengals (boy and girl) as well and they have superb characteristics. Luckily no spraying going on and they both use the same large litter tray. The mess is removed as soon as they finish their business and when we get back from work.
    It's pricey but we use The World's Best Cat litter. - fantastic stuff. All cat owners should at least try it once.

Like others have said, it will help if they have been spayed. Also try plugging in a feliway in the house as that may help.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

never had the pissing problem with my cat, usually shes trying to scratch the shit out of everything

when she was a Kitten she used to shit behind the TV and stuff because for some reason she flat out refused to use her litter tray regardless of what expensive Cat litter i bought, even now if shes not well she wont use one and will still slip out for a muck

p.s. if you have ever considered getting an electronic cat flap then i can honestly say its been worth every penny for me so far

oh and have a couple of pics of the little lady herself (named Bubbles)

S1031072.JPG IMAG0018.jpg Bubbles.jpg
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tombott View Post
    Erm you can lock any cat in a room mate, doesn't matter what breed it is.
    I've had Siamese and Burmese cats.
    I know in theory, but it is not a good thing to do to a cat (or many animals). Cats are used to space, house bound (though force including restrictive spacial movement) can be detrimental. Bengal cats are quite special and it is not something I would recommend due to the breeds temperament and characteristics, that are similar to the breed I mentioned. I have only had Siamese, if they were shut up we had a Riot on our hands that would put Alcatraz to shame! My family have had several Benagls and other pedigree breeds. When treated right, each have very special and different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by macmilm View Post
    Had cats years ago and this problem was solved by getting em neutered ... after that it stopped dead (not the cat, just the pissing)
    I liked that line!

Q
    Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fit it with a catheter the cunt will soon learn.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

pour catnip round toilet seat and hope its stays there for a while and takes a piss on toliet like mr jinks

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The cats havent been neutured and are free to come and go as they please, not restricted whatsoever. We have had them since birth so they know this is their home.

Its definetely the female cat who is pissing as we caught her today. They have never been tried with a litter tray so I might give that a go! and if that fails then.

Whats this feliway stuff, any good?

Thanks
    Karma Level

You need to get your pussy checked out. This behavior is classic symptoms for various issues (from diabetes to kidney issues). You may think that your moggy is fine but remember these animals naturally hide their poor health very well (its something that is carried over from the wild, where they have to hide poor health). Best to get it checked out at your vets.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Our cats use this and its great stuff ;-)
    http://www.petsathome.com/shop/light...histicat-15257

Is she pissing in same place each time or just letting go where ever? If its where ever she is then could be heath related if its the same place its a dirty protest ;-)