Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Looking for a weekend break with the missus... Rome? Paris? Prague?

As the title says, we're looking for a weekend break in May. Either going Friday night til Monday, or Saturday morning til Monday. Looking at spending around £400 for both of us for flight and room plus spending.

Any suggestions on where to go? Looking at more of a sightseeing holiday than anything. Not too fussed about an hotel or b&b but don't want to travel miles and miles to get to places.

Been looking at Rome and Paris but any other places welcome...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Looking for a weekend break with the missus... Rome? Paris? Prague?

Had a fab time in Tallinn, Estonia. Gorgeous city and cheap!! As an extra you could always hop on the sea cat and go to Helsinki...beautiful

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1
    If you can't run with the big dogs, stay in the porch!!!!

Thanks to k11jrp

dannyboy (8th January 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I spend last weekend with mine in a cabin here. http://www.aphroditeslodge.co.uk/

Pissing down with rain sat in a our own private hot tub under some trees with a bottle of wine.

Thanks to JonEp

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

yes to Rome for £400 for somewhere decent to stay IMO but Paris probably struggle, maybe Prague loads of stuff to see and romantic also but a lot more for money, can always run off for an hour or two to stag n hen part if you get sick

Paris even travelling on Metro costs a fair few quid about £25 a day on tickets i spent

Thanks to Mobileman

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hey Danny,

Might just be me but I wasn't that fussed with Paris. I prefer Rome and Venice.

One of my favourites is Berlin had a great time there and also Madrid but that was more football orientated as was Barcelona.

Bruges is supposed to be nice and its not to far to travel, but I've only driven through it and not stopped there.

Thanks to mr_fuse

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Tallinn looks really nice, the number 1 rated hotel there (Swissotel Tallinn) is £220 for 2 nights but looks great. Can't find any direct flights there on the Saturday though, only one i've seen is Friday morning for £200 for both of us. Any other time it's almost double that.

The lodge looks really nice too Jon but wanted somewhere out of the UK to be honest.

I was thinking Barcelona too because Barca are playing at the Nou Camp on the Saturday but missus is having none of it!

Venice was on our list too, is it nice there fuse? The only thing putting me off from Rome is all the
    beggars and pickpockets etc that i've heard about, is it that bad there?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tallinn looks really nice, the number 1 rated hotel there (Swissotel Tallinn) is £220 for 2 nights but looks great. Can't find any direct flights there on the Saturday though, only one i've seen is Friday morning for £200 for both of us but i'm working Friday. Any other time it's almost double that.

The lodge looks really nice too Jon but wanted somewhere out of the UK to be honest.

I was thinking Barcelona too because Barca are playing at the Nou Camp on the Saturday but missus is having none of it!

Venice was on our list too, is it nice there fuse? The only thing putting me off from Rome is all the

Thanks
    Karma Level

Have a look at Budapest, really nice. Went for a stag weekend and would definately go again and see the culture, cheap booze and friendly people. Take some swimwear and try Gellert spa
    http://www.gellertbath.com/

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post

Tallinn looks really nice, the number 1 rated hotel there (Swissotel Tallinn) is £220 for 2 nights but looks great. Can't find any direct flights there on the Saturday though, only one i've seen is Friday morning for £200 for both of us but i'm working Friday. Any other time it's almost double that.

Yeah Venice is nice mate, Bit pricey when your there, but so is a lot of Italy.

I didnt find Rome as bad as Paris for beggars and pick pockets, just be careful as you would in any big city especially on metros.
    Barcelona is notorious for pick pockets but I didnt have a problem there either.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Drive-ferry-drive to Bruges. Beautiful place + waffles, chocolate, frites, mussels, beer. Mmmmm. :-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Croatia? I went there a year or so ago and have never been anywhere so nice. And I've been to places like barabados in my childhood so its saying something. Its also relatively cheap and still get pretty nice whether around now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Bang Bang,
    you just dropped dead

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

http://www.swinger-nation.co.uk/dogging/england/

Take your pick.

Pm me if in manchester
    "Your proposition may be good. But let's have one thing understood
    Whatever it is, I'm against it! And even when you've changed it Or condensed it
    I'm against it!"
    A top man

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheapest site to find flights is skyscanner I found over last few years try dates and then see which destinations come up for best price and that you fancy then just book your hotel through lowcostholidays, travel republic or hotels4u job done

Thanks
    Karma Level

send her off for a spa weekend with her bitch friends and spend the weekend in a darkened room with your xbox and a box of kleenex.

other than that, id vote for budapest, its cheap, people are generally friendly and theres a distinct variation in the city from the more upmarket area of buda to the more run down pest.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ive been to Prague a few times....with the misses and also on a stag do. Had a great time every time ive been there. I fly on a cheapy but use this guy for the apartments,

http://www.prague-fca.co.uk/

He charges around £60 a night and thats for the whole apartment. if a few of you go it works out at about £18 a head....and he can sort airport transfers. Food and drink is also crazy cheap out there. Under £1 a pint and a 3 course meal for 2 under £25 (not each...for the whole meal)

Bod

2 Thanks given to Bodman

Ashley (10th January 2014),  lagigolo (14th January 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

berlin is an awesome place. and you can get flights for £60 return too from east mids.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks everyone, we've booked a couple of nights in Venice. Staying in the 4* Hilton Garden Inn about a 10 minutes bus ride from Venice City, and also a 10-15 min bus from the airport too.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks everyone, we've booked a couple of nights in Venice. Staying in the 4* Hilton Garden Inn about a 10 minutes bus ride from Venice City, and also a 10-15 min bus from the airport too.
    Venice is a wonderful city. Good choice.
    Get a short taxi-boat ride over to Murano and get yourself some glass souvenirs.

Thanks to ZX7R

dannyboy (14th January 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

We went to Barca and did the tour of the Nou Camp and even the missus said how much she enjoyed it, we went of a normal Tues Aft and still had a cue of about 100 people in front of us there was easily over a thousand people doing the tour that day and we asked if it was a special day and got told everyday is like this :-0 no wonder they don't need shirt sponsorship.

I know people prob slate it but we go away for weekends quite often and i always use the old classic www.lastminute.com saves hassel of shopping about for flights and hotels and they always deliver on the Hotels never had a bad one yet ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by k11jrp View Post
    Had a fab time in Tallinn, Estonia. Gorgeous city and cheap!! As an extra you could always hop on the sea cat and go to Helsinki...beautiful
    I heard its nice.

Im starting a new job soon and apparently it involves travel to Tallinn. Any recommendations ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast