Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wii Wii U - What happened?

7 Thanks given to MsDG

Ganty (16th January 2014),  leefart2 (15th January 2014),  Mr.James (15th January 2014),  muttleymacclad (15th January 2014),  QfanatiQ (17th January 2014),  Spennyboy (15th January 2014),  stevo25 (15th January 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Wii U - What happened?

Good read.

Thanks
    Karma Level

That was a good read and hopefully a indication of a due price drop.

Q

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

some people are saying that the report is a load of rubbish and is basically written to bash nintendo, dunno which is the 100% truth

A bevy of Wii U developers have spoken out on Twitter regarding Eurogamer/Digital Foundry’s feature aboutNintendo's console and the trouble that developers supposedly went through with its development kits.

And well, basically most of them have rebutted the comments from the article's anonymous source, saying that the complaints are based on pre-retail SDKs, and that the console is not more difficult to develop for than its rivals...

- First, Ping 1.5+ creator Christopher Arnold of Nami Tentou:

I keep on getting pestered about this @eurogamer article about ‘The Secret Developers: Wii U – the inside story’. It’s a bit obnoxious now..

Most of the main complaints pointed at in the article from the dev is aimed at pre-retail release SDK problems. I can safely say that

The post release SDK kit given to developers now do not contain any of the listed problems and being an early on developer on any new

Hardware will pose challenges to those unfamiliar. Programming and coding is most of the time trial-and-error.

Wii U game development takes the same amount of work and attention as a Xbox 360 or PS3 game development. They’ve done their process

Of making their API understandable and useful to seasoned programmers. Wii U development = any other game consoledevelopment time.

That’s what it’s been like for me developing, and I’ve been pushing my PC harder than my Wii U during development also.

That’s all I have to say on the subject of Eurogamer’s clickbait article. They titled it to stir up the Nintendooom wheel again.

Wii U is struggling because of lack of 3rd party, 3rd party needs to make the move first. Stop playing coy and hop into bed already.

- Also, Jools Watsham of Renegade Kid:

I am not a programmer, but from what I gather the Wii U is not more difficult to develop for than other platforms.

We have Mudds on numerous platforms now, and Wii U was no more difficult than PS3, Vita, Steam, iOS, etc.

- And finally, Hideki Kamiya from Platinum Games:

Q: How easy/hard was the wii u to develop for compared to 360/ps3?

Kamiya: Same, I think.

So, there you have it.

source
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.