Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Group Villa in Florida for theme parks?

We had a mad lads holiday over there a about 15 years ago. We stayed in a villa in Kissimmee. It really was as cheap as chips. Think it was like 100 each for the villa with heated pool the lot. We also did a fly drive deal and had the rental car to take fro airport...again From memory it was about £300 per head for the flight/car and insurances. So £400 per head all in for flight/accommodation and car. We are talking 15 years ago though. Place we had slept 12. 3 on-suite huge pool ect. Oh yea for all that there was 10 of us....so it was two cars as well.
    As for what to do - Universal was/still is fantastic....we went twice to get it all done. Seaworld was brill but was a hell of a long day.....to be fair you will never have enough time to do see everything in one visit. We also bought tickets for the disney parks ect while we were there as there is always deals/dealers selling them pretty cheaply.
    My only regret was the space shuttle which is easily drive-able was launched the day before we arrived and the bugger didn't come back until the day after we left.....that would have been awesome but you can't have it all.

Thanks to DavidF

evilsatan (20th January 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    Great info lads, universal studios is my main aim, then probs Disney. We will all be in our 20s so don't need to keep any kids happy.
    To be honest, Universal will only take a couple of days to do. Disney Hollywood Studios and the water parks are brilliant. They're not just aimed at the kids.

Thanks to TJB

Thanks
    Karma Level

Universal Studios Islands of Adventure is the best park. You can do the older part of Universal in a morning.

Thanks to Geko

Thanks
    Karma Level

Literally just got back yesterday. Weather was a bit hit and miss some days but generally mid 20s mostly. Can't comment on the villa front as we stayed on hotel plaza blvd. we only did the 4 Disney parks and typhoon lagoon. Blizzard beach is closed for renovations currently. All the parks were pretty busy but only massive waits on the most popular rides. I think tower of terror was longest at 90 minutes and they were doing a fast pass on that ride.

Thanks to tarik

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for all the advice, I might plan it this year for the trip next year as one of my mates is climbing Everest to Base Camp for charity this year so won't have the time or money. I think it will be much easier for me to get a big group that way too as they can pay a deposit now and pay as they go (some are terrible at saving!).

Thanks
    Karma Level

The relatives replied and said to use: http://www.homeaway.com/

They suggested April - June or Sept - Oct as us Pommies might find July and August a bit hot, she said its also cheaper in those months !!!!

Thanks to macmilm

evilsatan (23rd January 2014)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks everyone, I think what I will try to do is get mates interest this year to travel next year as the one who is doing Base Camp would really like to come and some can be hard to tie down on the money front, going next year they can pay towards it each month.

Would booking a year in advance cost more on flights do you think or less? Obviously this isn't something I can leave to last minute for cheap flights. I will check on MSE for flights advice too.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have been to Florida in July and August a few times. It isn't too hot. I've been to far hotter places in South America and the Far East. The reasoning for not going in July and August, though, is because it rains at least once a day. It is their rainy season. A tropical downpour can soak you through in seconds.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Done it a few times and I'd say use homeaway for the villa search. Literally thousands of the buggers.

If you can get 9 or more people you can book through BA group travel and only need to put a deposit down or you could book a fly-drive with BA and again you only have to put down a deposit.

Flight prices have got silly last few years. If you can avoid the school holidays I'd say go mid September. Still nice and warm with quiet parks and avoid the school holiday price hike on the flights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12