Lsass.exe error on startup

Thread: Lsass.exe error on startup

mc.dodd said:

Help Lsass.exe error on startup

hi, switched on PC at work this morning and the Lsass.exe error about updating a password came up. It's stuck in a continuous boot now and can't get into safemode without same error coming up.
    I think it is my fault as I run some window Boot Disk cause PC was having blue screen now and then, it suggested it recovering regisitry so I did that last night and switched off ready to restart a fresh this morning.
    Can it be fixed?
    there is no XP disk, just the restore partition. I would prefer to repair the installation if poss. I do have an XP SP3 disk and the system OS is SP3 also, could I do a repair installation from that?

other options?
    create new partition on C and install OS then try to get the software hive over to that? would it work?

Dell system XP SP3

any help is greatly appreciated on this..
    PS3: mcd_dodd

Pegasus said:

Default Re: Lsass.exe error on startup

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Understeer is when you hit a wall with the front of your car
    Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of your car
    Horsepower is how fast your car hits the wall
    Torque is how far your car sends the wall across the field once you've hit it

mc.dodd said:

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    thanks for the help
    I cannot get the XP Cd to go into recovery console tho? press R when Welcome to Setup comes up but nothing?..

mc.dodd said:

well fixed it..lol.. got ubcd4win and did a registry restore and back to life..lol..