They had offers to re-home the giraffe but still they killed it. I am constantly disgusted at the way some humans feel they have the right to take the life of other animals without reason. If I lived near any of the people who made the decision I would take it upon myself to make their lives a misery. (">

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-26108366

Yorkshire Wildlife Park (YWP), near Doncaster, had offered to rehome Marius, but said its bid was rejected. YWP was among several zoos which put in last-ditch offers to take the giraffe. A park spokesman said: "Yorkshire Wildlife Park is saddened to hear reports from Copenhagen that 18-month-old giraffe Marius has been euthanized."

He said the park had contacted Copenhagen Zoo when news of the giraffe's plight was revealed. YWP has a state of the art giraffe house, built in 2012, with a bachelor herd of four male giraffes and the capacity to take an extra male, subject to the agreement of the European stud book keeper," he added."One of the YWP giraffes is Palle, who came from Copenhagen Zoo in September 2012, when he was the same age as Marius."The park said without knowing the full details it would be inappropriate to comment further.
Marius was due to be killed by a bolt gun, not a lethal injection, which would contaminate the meat.The carcass will partly be used for research and partly to feed carnivores at the zoo.

Bengt Holst, scientific director at the Danish zoo, said all zoos had been considered and there was no suitable place.