Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: One to watch tonight (a bit late now though)

Yes I do have £25 codes for full Sky package for 2 years but you lot aint getting fuck all

Thanks
    Karma Level

Calm it down a tad please. Don't let this decend into personal attacks and insults...

While I can see Realists point, and the hypocracy is not relevant, I do object to skys prices for the pub and club market.

Where often the price paid it related to the actual rates the pub or club pays. The thousands of pounds per year from a single place in my opinion is wrong.

Which is a whole new kettle of fish, as this is what led to people seeking alternatives in Europe for football. The pub and club sector is one of the worst financially ATM and sky don't exactly help with any of that, having the monopoly on sport etc.

DJ OD

3 Thanks given to DJ OD

AD (12th February 2014),  Bald Bouncer (12th February 2014),  Goldberg (12th February 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

@DJOD - I agree with the prices for commercial properties where its priced on rateable values and if Sky commercial reduced the costs by a large chunk pubs and clubs could afford it and punters would hopefully start to visit public houses again and not stay at home.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Just often you seem to come across like the kid from school whose only interaction with other kids was to 'tell on them' for petty things. You seem to have an incredible sense of loyalty to your employer, something which I can almost guarantee isn't reciprocal.

The truth is piracy changes business models, because in the end of the day you have to supply a product that the customer wants and in a format that they want it. Look how Netflix, Spotify etc. have grown so quickly, and if you want to go further back look at how Napster changed it all.

Sky are charging more because they have practically cornered the market, they have free reign to fuck over consumers as much as they want by charging their customers more or supplying their channels to BT/Virgin for prices they know would make it hard to compete. BT are fighting back with Sport and are bringing competition back to the market. Piracy is just one excuse used to raise the price, you can bet that they would keep the prices just as high (or make a pathetic token discount) if piracy fell.

As I have never had anything to do with the sat scene I am not aware of your previous endeavours but by the sounds of it you were a bit of a 'naughty boy' yourself in the past, what would your employers think of that and the fact you are on here? (That isn't a threat, it's a genuine question). I am not trying to attack you or your job, in fact I have never had a problem with you at all, just your goody two shoes routine can get a bit tiresome. Perhaps you should come down off of your high horse and join in with forum banter and informative posts rather than suggestive condescending drivel.

7 Thanks given to evilsatan

beacytan (14th February 2014),  Clubber Lang (12th February 2014),  Goldberg (12th February 2014),  littlebilly1 (13th February 2014),  macmilm (12th February 2014),  plug1 (13th February 2014),  stevo25 (12th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

So are people receiving cs from large servers likely to have a knock at the door then Realist ? Do you have knowledge of your employers getting court orders to reveal the user behind ip addresses of those USING not supplying CS...in the way i mentioned earlier ? I can certainly see how the cable companies could easily do it as the majority of their illegal users are coming from just a few ip addresses from the suppliers of kryptaview/starview ect...It would be interesting to see how your employers would tackle the sheer number of servers out there with many based in other countries...im not saying that they are not able to cut the sharing off...they are already in the process of that...what we/I would like to know is are the end users going to get a knock at the door ? You are implying that you are aware of whats coming...so are you going to share your knowledge with the community that you are a member of ?

3 Thanks given to DavidF

beacytan (14th February 2014),  Goldberg (12th February 2014),  macmilm (12th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    Yes I do have £25 codes for full Sky package for 2 years but you lot aint getting fuck all
    Is that cos they are "Friends & Family" codes ????

2 Thanks given to macmilm

beacytan (14th February 2014),  Goldberg (12th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    So are people receiving cs from large servers likely to have a knock at the door then Realist ? Do you have knowledge of your employers getting court orders to reveal the user behind ip addresses of those USING not supplying CS...in the way i mentioned earlier ? I can certainly see how the cable companies could easily do it as the majority of their illegal users are coming from just a few ip addresses from the suppliers of kryptaview/starview ect...It would be interesting to see how your employers would tackle the sheer number of servers out there with many based in other countries...im not saying that they are not able to cut the sharing off...they are already in the process of that...what we/I would like to know is are the end users going to get a knock at the door ? You are implying that you are aware of whats coming...so are you going to share your knowledge with the community that you are a member of ?

The funny thing is (and no I'm not one of em) I know 4 people that do CS down an actual Sky Broadband connection.. I told them all they are mad but 12 months down the road they are all still at it..
    Now that is just plain stupidity on $ky's part surely ???? They can easily log CS traffic and send a 'Warning' letter out e.t.c or prosecute if they want. If they are not even tackling the simple stuff then they are idiots imho

2 Thanks given to macmilm

beacytan (14th February 2014),  Goldberg (12th February 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Correct no no family or friends on here I'm afraid to say.

Quote Originally Posted by macmilm View Post
    Is that cos they are "Friends & Family" codes ????

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Nope

That's a breach of my contract and my job comes first over leeches and would say the same thing as me.

And by the way, my horse is bigger than yours lol

..so are you going to share your knowledge with the community that you are a member of ?

Thanks to Realist

beacytan (14th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by macmilm View Post
    The funny thing is (and no I'm not one of em) I know 4 people that do CS down an actual Sky Broadband connection.. I told them all they are mad but 12 months down the road they are all still at it..
    Now that is just plain stupidity on $ky's part surely ???? They can easily log CS traffic and send a 'Warning' letter out e.t.c or prosecute if they want. If they are not even tackling the simple stuff then they are idiots imho
    I would have thought they would need a court order to even "spy" on their own customers.....but you are correct the people who use sly BB to steal their TV service are mad...same goes for the numpties using VM to use kryptaviews/starviews ect....absolutely mad. And surely the 1st in the firing line if/when any of these companies decide to go for the end user....Looks like people are in for a shock.....oh well 3 square meals in jail at the expense of £1000 per week to the taxpayer lol.

Thanks to DavidF

Goldberg (12th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

No its not strange at all M8 its simple maths.

1) I work for Sky.
    2) I'm trying my best to protect my job and put food on the table.
    3) If people steal from companies as above soon the companies would go tits up and then you lot will complain now't to watch or to steal, moan at or bleat about.
    4) What ever you lot get up to has now't to do with me I don't care to be honest.
    5) Card sharing is yes on the way up but its now being investigated big time and trust me when sellers says they are only after the big guys the providers your much mistaken.
    6) I feel sorry for the legit buyers of anything that's being copied/stolen received illegally they pay for it in the end via higher subs.
    7) Why should someone gain from financially someone's/companies hard work and in Sky's case 25 years of hard work via illegal means.

What ever anyone else done has nothing at all to do with me but trust me when I say they are watching and they are and it will all come to end one day, when I don't know.

1) I work for Sky.

How many people worked for itvdigital/ondigital ?

I appreciate that but what about all those itvdigital/ondigital employees that also were putting food on the table ?

3) If people steal from companies as above soon the companies would go tits up and then you lot will complain now't to watch or to steal, moan at or bleat about.

.....so why did NDS which was owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation secretly hire German hacker Oliver Kommerling to unlock itvdigital/ondigital smart cards and watch a company go tits up ?

4) What ever you lot get up to has now't to do with me I don't care to be honest.

You should care as you work for a very underhanded company who would cut down any competition at the earliest chance.

5) Card sharing is yes on the way up but its now being investigated big time and trust me when sellers says they are only after the big guys the providers your much mistaken.

If your saying some of your friends you have on HERE are at risk of prosecution then surely a warning would be useful ?

6) I feel sorry for the legit buyers of anything that's being copied/stolen received illegally they pay for it in the end via higher subs.

I agree.

7) Why should someone gain from financially someone's/companies hard work and in Sky's case 25 years of hard work via illegal means.

Maybe some still hate $ly for the way they conned their way into communities and cornered a market by any means necessary.

What ever anyone else done has nothing at all to do with me but trust me when I say they are watching and they are and it will all come to end one day, when I don't know.

Well I'm sure any friends of yours on here appreciate the tip off even if it's too late. :confused
    Last edited by Rhinoz; 12th February 2014 at 02:59 PM.

3 Thanks given to Rhinoz

DavidF (12th February 2014),  Goldberg (12th February 2014),  macmilm (12th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nope

That's a breach of my contract and my job comes first over leeches and would say the same thing as me.

And by the way, my horse is bigger than yours lol
    I don't have a horse...but anyway thankyou for clearing things up. Your silence speaks volumes about you and your knowledge of the situation. I don't even CS btw...so as far as I am concerned that is my final point on this thread as it seems to me that you are just teasing/goading/looking for a reaction......I feel a bit concerned for some of the members who in the past took up your offer of free codes...you have ALL their details...only time will tell I suppose lol.

Thanks to DavidF

Goldberg (12th February 2014)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I would have thought they would need a court order to even "spy" on their own customers.....
    Yes because Murdoch and his empire are good at following the law on spying

3 Thanks given to evilsatan

Goldberg (12th February 2014),  macmilm (12th February 2014),  stevo25 (12th February 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

1) Winding people up correct.
    2) I have peoples details, nope Sky does.
    3) Advanced warnings - Ok ADVANCED WARNING, their happy now

lol people do get shirty when someone comes out fighting and posts comments that are totally not what that want to read or hear.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok thread has gone off track a bit so I'll stop winding people up and leave it as it is a difference of opinion.

Thanks for the read and input

Thanks
    Karma Level

Right that's about enough now.

The thread was a heads up about a program aired relating to CS. It is not about the rights and wrongs of Sky, it's employees (including Realist), CS or it's imminant cease.

Keep it on topic, start a new thread or keep your opinions to yourself.

People will be banned from the thread if you keep on.

DJ OD

4 Thanks given to DJ OD

DavidF (12th February 2014),  Goldberg (12th February 2014),  macmilm (12th February 2014),  Realist (12th February 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I watched it the other day and was amused of the BBCs understanding of how card sharing worked.

"We take the boxes to be examined by experts, they discover they've been encrypted to allow digital messages to be sent to the pirates and hack into legitimate sky signals".

What a load of bollocks

Thanks to beerman

Mobileman (12th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

No its not strange at all M8 its simple maths.

1) I work for Sky.

Economics would suggest that for every SKY there is another company waiting to take it's place.

But....

I am in agreement with you. The sooner SKY close the loophole the better.

But... Their practice of controlling other satellite providers, and dictating to the EPL, is very wrong.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Problem is there is no large company around that have the finances, resources or infrastructure to compete with Sky, BT are trying with the sports but they overpaid way to much if you ask me.

But we do need a competitor but who!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Problem is there is no large company around that have the finances, resources or infrastructure to compete with Sky, BT are trying with the sports but they overpaid way to much if you ask me.

But we do need a competitor but who!
    I always thought Sky did the best coverage but I'm starting to sway towards BT. I like when they show a replay they have the live feed in the bottom left corner.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast