Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: One to watch tonight (a bit late now though)

What about all the people that lost there jobs in on digital ,canal+ ,echostar ,and the providers that used there encryption
    All cracked and posted on the net by nds ?

Last year nds was sold to Cisco , the word is that they never provided the patch they had been working on to Cisco
    for the new pairing method .

Thanks to plug1

Lou_smorals (13th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

J@ysus Realist, if it wasn't for the fact that people know you and respect your opinion on here so much people might think you're just winding them up

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wow, that was my 100th post after 10 years, what a lurk I am, I guess I should add my 2 cents to it.

$ky are right to be going after people who are stealing their product, they have to protect their product as much as possible, they have invested an awful lot of money to supply a service if they weren't going to protect their business they'd be gone a long time ago.

In regards to people who are availing of CS, you can justify it as much as possible, too expensive, channels you don't want, you don't watch TV, can't afford it, sure they just give the money to football anyway etc. etc., TV is a luxury not a right, there are plenty of free options available to you. The fact of the matter is you are breaking the law and if you get away with it so be it, but if you're caught you'll have to deal with the consequences, bit like speeding.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I might be and I might not, who knows only me

I'll no longer contribute to this thread its none constructive and some info is incorrect.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Clareman View Post
    J@ysus Realist, if it wasn't for the fact that people know you and respect your opinion on here so much people might think you're just winding them up

Thanks to Realist

Clareman (13th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ah don't be like that, it's a discussion forum not a "I'll say my bit and then leave" forum.

To be honest, I can see your points and there are valid, as are other posters, it's just people aren't meeting in the middle. I've been doing some googling of CS'ing and the fall out of when it's turned off, it's amazing me all the people that are b1tching about losing HD and how it's the only way to watch TV, blah de blah, if it's that important to you, PAY FOR IT.

I should point out that people's insistence on getting one over "the man" never stops to amaze me, 1 thing that always amuses me is people that get a 500 quid phone and then jailbreak it to save a few quid on apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    I might be and I might not, who knows only me

I'll no longer contribute to this thread its none constructive and some info is incorrect.

Thanks.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

LOL I like that analogy

1 thing that always amuses me is people that get a 500 quid phone and then jailbreak it to save a few quid on apps.

2 Thanks given to Realist

Ashley (13th February 2014),  Mobileman (13th February 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I should point out that people's insistence on getting one over "the man" never stops to amaze me, 1 thing that always amuses me is people that get a 500 quid phone and then jailbreak it to save a few quid on apps.
    Hi
    I agree m8, but many try c/s or jailbreak just because they can, as they are techies and gadget freaks who feel its a challenge, but never actually use it, I know I am stupid enough to fall into that catagory. I dont bother jailbreaking anymore though and my dabble with the other lasted a matter of minutes just to see if I could.
    Cheers
    LS
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

Thanks
    Karma Level

To be honest, I can see your points and there are valid, as are other posters, it's just people aren't meeting in the middle. I've been doing some googling of CS'ing and the fall out of when it's turned off, it's amazing me all the people that are b1tching about losing HD and how it's the only way to watch TV, blah de blah, if it's that important to you, PAY FOR IT.

I don't currently use CS. I am not interested in Sky's channels. I should be allowed to subscribe to any satellite provider of my choice worldwide. But SKY, and their partner the EPL, tell me that I can't do that. Which should be illegal. It should be a free market. I only want to watch sport and there are a lot of foreign providers who do it better than SKY. If you watch TV everyday and most of the time you are at home, it's a good deal. But if you watch for a handful of hours a week, it isn't.

Also... I haven't had an iphone for years. But when I jailbroke my phone, it was to increase the limited functionality Apple allowed and to install apps that didn't go through itunes. I since discovered that Android allowed that access natively.

2 Thanks given to Geko

greens117 (17th July 2014),  Lou_smorals (13th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    I don't currently use CS. I am not interested in Sky's channels. I should be allowed to subscribe to any satellite provider of my choice worldwide. But SKY, and their partner the EPL, tell me that I can't do that. Which should be illegal. It should be a free market. I only want to watch sport and there are a lot of foreign providers who do it better than SKY. If you watch TV everyday and most of the time you are at home, it's a good deal. But if you watch for a handful of hours a week, it isn't.
    i doubt that sky and the EPL are really that bothered about residential customers who use foreign services. what they do mind is pubs clubs and commercial businesses who do.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

can someone just clarify please, i started reading this thinking realist must be on the board at sky? and was privvy to all kinds of inside information?

having read the rest, am i right to assume that realist is actually a lowly INSTALLER????

no disrespect meant, but every sky installer i have ever met was only very slightly higher on the intelligence level than an amoeba. i don't imagine the comings and goings of the board room or the tech/R&D depts being cascaded down as low as that i am afraid.

so realist is either an awesome troll OR a deluded idiot who pretends to know about things he has only has much knowledge of as me, you, or any other average joe on the street.

(i'd like to think he is an awesome troll as there's nothing so bad as a hypocrite!!! after all, as stated, lets ALL remember why we originally joined here.....)

3 Thanks given to beacytan

greens117 (17th July 2014),  macmilm (14th February 2014),  sk. (16th February 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi
    I think he is winding us all up as a monster troll. The guy who came here to instal my sky dish, when I got voucher from Realist a couple of years ago, must of needed his mrs to tie his bootlaces in the morning. I had a wavefrontier on a patio mount at the bottom of my garden with 10 x LNB (which I installed using my horizon hge meter) and he didnt understand how it worked duh!
    LS
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

As stated above don't judge a book by its cover.

Troll one to base lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by sk. View Post
    i doubt that sky and the EPL are really that bothered about residential customers who use foreign services. what they do mind is pubs clubs and commercial businesses who do.
    They care enough to mess with the schedule from a provider that is unobtainable by 99% of the UK.

JSC (BEIN) only show one 3pm now.

Thanks
    Karma Level

They care enough to mess with the schedule from a provider that is unobtainable by 99% of the UK.

i presume that may have something to do with the fact lots of pubs having been using iptv streams to broadcast matches.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by sk. View Post
    i presume that may have something to do with the fact lots of pubs having been using iptv streams to broadcast matches.
    It may do.

My original point still stands. I cannot buy a BEIN sub through conventional means as, dictated by the terms and conditions of the contract between them and the EPL.

As a side note to this post, and not directed to one particular individual... But... All those who are reacting negatively to someone who works hard for a living installing SKY. I assume you are all doctors and solicitors?!?
    Last edited by Geko; 14th February 2014 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not sure where you're getting 99 percent from... the right size dish - IPTV or a sub using a VPN and you can watch it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by kroner View Post
    Not sure where you're getting 99 percent from... the right size dish - IPTV or a sub using a VPN and you can watch it.
    60,000,000 / 100 * 99 = 59,400,000

That leaves 600,000 people who subscribe to JSC (BEIN). Do you think there are 600,000 subscribers? Do 600,000 people want to put up a dish in excess of 2M? Do they want to spend £30 a month for an IPTV product that is inferior to broadcast HD by quite a long way?

If you want to argue an extreme point. I can too. I didn't realise I needed to provide evidence on my JSC subscription habit thesis. Fuck sake.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It may do.

My original point still stands. I cannot buy a BEIN sub through conventional means as, dictated by the terms and conditions of the contract between them and the EPL.

As a side note to this post, and not directed to one particular individual... But... All those who are reacting negatively to someone who works hard for a living installing SKY. I assume you are all doctors and solicitors?!?
    i do agree with part of your original post that you should be able to subscribe to any provider in the world. As i stated originally - i think there current issues are concerned about the use of foreign providers in commercial settings. i dont think that jsc/bein sport have been strong armed to remove 3pm access to all games because of residential customers. tbh ive never heard of any one using a foreign provider in a residential setting having been persued legally.

as to your side note - i agree theres no issue with people who work for sky installing systems. i think the issue was more to do with saying he had inside information regards the future of cardshare which he obtained from his employer.

6 Thanks given to sk.

beacytan (15th February 2014),  Geko (14th February 2014),  greens117 (17th July 2014),  macmilm (14th February 2014),  plug1 (15th February 2014),  stevo25 (15th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think you should all go back to fucking books and get rid of your tellies ffs ;-)
    Then again you'd all just start bitching about authors and stating how Penguin publishing is a greedy corporate that stole ideas from HarperCollins
    and then "Realist" would show up saying he is best mates with Shakespeare

6 Thanks given to macmilm

beacytan (15th February 2014),  greens117 (17th July 2014),  Lou_smorals (16th February 2014),  sk. (14th February 2014),  SpursSaint1 (16th February 2014),  stevo25 (14th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

60,000,000 / 100 * 99 = 59,400,000

That leaves 600,000 people who subscribe to JSC (BEIN). Do you think there are 600,000 subscribers? Do 600,000 people want to put up a dish in excess of 2M? Do they want to spend £30 a month for an IPTV product that is inferior to broadcast HD by quite a long way?

If you want to argue an extreme point. I can too. I didn't realise I needed to provide evidence on my JSC subscription habit thesis. Fuck sake.
    So all of the them are from the uk ?

and you don't need a two meter dish... want some more FACTS For fuck sake

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast