Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bull I smell bullshit all around

UK unemployment falls by 125,000 to 2.34 million

Self-employment has reached a record high, says Nick Palmer from the ONS

The number of people out of work in the UK fell by 125,000 to 2.34 million in the three months to December, according to the latest estimates.
    The unemployment rate now stands at 7.2%, but the Office for National Statistics said the improvement in the labour market could be slowing.
    Meanwhile, more women are in work than at any time since records began, at just over 14 million.
    Average earnings have also increased, by 1.1% in the year to December.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26255696

Then you get

Unexpected Rise in Jobless Rate To 7.2%

The number of unemployed fell during the last three months of 2013, but the jobless rate also rises, according to official data.

The jobless rate in Britain has risen to 7.2% despite the total number of people out of work dropping, according to officially released data.

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said the rate was up between October and December, however the total number of people in unemployment fell by 125,000.

http://news.sky.com/story/1213960/un...to-7-2-percent
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: I smell bullshit all around

Juggling figures around as usual I think mate. Shift people from one 'hot' political statistics list to another not so hot. These days there are also way more zero hour contracts, job share part time jobs, rolling contracts/ temp positions etc. so the figure's aren't as specific in reality as they would look on paper.

Even people who come off the numbers list into some form of employment, there is a good chance they are still getting 'benefits' in the form of tax credits, assistance with housing/ council benefit etc. simply because the job they have doesn't pay them a wage to be self sufficient on.

Thanks to burner1

Bald Bouncer (19th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I saw some debate a couple of weeks ago.. can't remember exact figures but it showed how millions of self employed were declaring they weren't currently earning but were 'actively' continuing
    there self employed business... as they are classed as working (but not earning) the are therefore not entitled to Jobseekers so instead receive working tax credits at the exact same rate as Jobseekers...
    and also get Housing Benefit and whatever else you would get with JSA

In most people's eyes they are unemployed... just massaged figures that "help" the government in there bullshit claims. They still receive same handout amount however they choose to label it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Maybe it's similar to how it is in the USA...

I was reading an article last year that was talking about the welfare system in the USA and it was suggesting that unemployed people in certain states could only claim benefits for a maximum of 6 months. After that, they could no longer claim benefits, and were no longer flagged as being unemployed, simply because they weren't claiming benefits, even though they weren't in regular employment.

Perhaps this is similar and depends on where they are pulling the statistics from?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by AP0ll0UK View Post

Perhaps this is similar and depends on where they are pulling the statistics from?

I can tell you where they are pulling the statistics from..... David Cameron's arse !!!!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Its all bollox always will be and regardless of who's in charge they are all shit.