There once was an excellent application called WeatherDock (not Weather Dock which is all one word and different) from http://www.colourful-apps.com but, a goodish while back it was cancelled due to their weather forecast supplier wanting to charge too much for the feed.

That change also coincided with the apparent ill health of the developer and the word on the street was that no further development was to take place.

And then rumour came of WeatherDock v3 being developed but, late last year, that was shelved due to potential cost.

Well, today I decided to clear out some old applications but, instead of clicking on WeatherDock and dragging it to Trash, I inadvertently launched it - and v2.5 1 dated 24 December 2009 works again!

It shows the latest temperature, wind speed, etc. etc. so is presumably not picking up some bizarre historical data from a pllist file, or wherever, so it looks as if it has really been resurrected - and yet a visit to their website, FaecesBook and Twatter pages show no information about this second coming.

Does anyone else still have a copy tucked away somewhere and, if so, would you please try and launch it to see if I am alone in experiencing this very welcome phenomenon?

Or maybe you know something about the on/off news of this most excellent application?

I’m running under Mavericks.