What do you lot do?

Thread: What do you lot do?

CallmeGoose said:

Default What do you lot do?

What so you lot so on here? Ie occupation wise. What's your role, a description and why did you choose that profession

Post a picture of you at work if possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CzarJunkie said:

Default Re: What do you lot do?

I run a Llama farm on the North Yorkshire Moors, here's me and my sister with the pride of our herd, Montgomery Penwin III.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

chesser said:

I manage a "Windows Server Team" at a leading research University, we look after AD, Exchange, Hyper-V, SharePoint, Networked Printing, IIS, SQL plus many other services.

CallmeGoose said:

Default What do you lot do?

I'll add mine in, not that you lot haven't a clue anyway as I've mentioned it often enough

I'm a 3rd marine engineer in the merchant navy. I maintain all the machinery in the engine room of the ship I work on in the North Sea

I work on a standby and supply vessel which services the Hewitt gas field just off the coast of Cromer, essentially we bring out supplies to the platform and act as a first line emergency services in the event of another piper alpha type disaster

In addition to being an engineer we are trained to fight fires, and carry out some of the more advanced "basic" CPR techniques if you like....

I haven't always worked on standby boats in the North Sea, I've worked on 300m container ships, passenger ferries, super yachts, MOD military ships and a small warship (non military contracted) and research vessels

Last edited by CallmeGoose; 4th March 2014 at 10:59 AM.

satzzz said:

Aero engine development at RR

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....

Mystical_2K said:

I am a Learning Technology Officer for a UK university, this basically means i provide support to the students to ensure that they are able to use the eLearning technologies by providing training sessions etc. and designing and programming new content for them, however my job also requires me to do a large amount of Technical Support for both the staff and students as we are seriously undermanned.

I also operate and service one of these 3d cube installations

You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

{{909}} said:

Ingerlish teacher in China, as most of you probably know.

Could move up to teacher/manager if I wanted but the salary increase doesn't balance the amount I'd lose by not being able to work my second cash in hand job at another school.

Back in the UK I had various basic electronics related jobs, most of which sucked.

CallmeGoose said:

What's the standard of living Like in china? I've been to ningbo, yantian, Xiamen, HK and shanghai .. Thought they were all shitholes lol

raelmadrid said:

I test games

Mystical_2K said:

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post
    Ingerlish teacher in China, as most of you probably know.

Could move up to teacher/manager if I wanted but the salary increase doesn't balance the amount I'd lose by not being able to work my second cash in hand job at another school.

Back in the UK I had various basic electronics related jobs, most of which sucked.
    so do you need to have a 2nd job to survive or are you doing it so get some cash saved? quite like the idea of doing some teaching in china but i just assumed it wouldnt pay very well
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

CallmeGoose said:

Quote Originally Posted by raelmadrid View Post
    I test games
    What kind of games? Board games? ;-)

raelmadrid said:

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeGoose View Post
    What kind of games? Board games? ;-)

social and gambling

Teajunkie said:

I used to to be parts manager for a major truck company and also the it guy for the southwest offices.
    now life's pretty shit and I'm lucky to be able to remember my wife's name most days and can't walk more than 10 feet.

if I could I would go back in a heartbeat love mixing with customers and solving problems.

Quote Originally Posted by raelmadrid View Post
    social and gambling
    Does that mean your always skint and your thumbs hurt from your xbox?

Me at work
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Teajunkie; 4th March 2014 at 12:36 PM. Reason: added picture
    My decal venture has taken over my dog tag business
    nice to be busy though.
    Instagram and twitter @mrteajunke.

dpSparhawk said:

I'm sure there's another thread like this somewhere else

Anyways,

I'm a Network Management Centre engineer. Chose it as I've always worked in IT and it was a progression from a previous job. No picture I'm afraid.

kroner said:

Aerial - Sat Installer. Twenty five years working for myself.

Ladders not reqiured for the F5's though

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

hilljd00 said:

Student / Self Employed graphic/web designer and web host

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]- 25% Disccount Available For DF Members. VIP's Receive 30% Off; PM for info - Authorised by Admin

Ashley said:

Project Engineer/ Duct Fitter. I'll take a picture later if possible.

Basset said:

I'd tell you but you'd laugh.

DJ Overdose said:

Was an MIS and IT manager for 10 years until recently when I decided to change roles and become a warhouse storage manager.

Users, lack of progression and flooded IT industry made me change.

I work for Norbert Dentressangle Logistics (Formerly Christian Salvesen) at a warehouse in Neasden. We are one of 7 sites dealing with warehouse and distribution for M&S.

There is a pic of me in my old IT manager job, in my old office, in my flickr signature (bluchip)

DJ OD

Goldberg said:

Senior Software Tester and (some) development (python, VB.net, WMI <- not a language but a method). Working on non commercial software, lots of hackery and hackery prevention.
    I would take a photo but it would just be a computer screen looking at DF.