Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Advice Looking for a decent vaporiser to use with herbs

In my quest to become smoke free I'm looking for a vaporiser I can use my favourite herbs with. Its something I can't see myself giving up anytime soon so would like a healthier delivery method.

I've never used one myself so would like to hear from some of you lot, does anyone own one? Any recommendations? Any advice you can share?

I'm currently looking at the Extreme Q (£150) and the SSV (£190) or DBV (£140).

I like the idea of using the bag and whip on an Extreme Q, the other two are whip only. Apparently there isn't much difference between the DBV and SSV but reports suggest its the best whip vape in my budget. The lack of a bag does put me off.

I do like a social smoke so that's why the bag is appealing to me and I'm not sure how well the girlfriend will get on with the whip. The Extreme Q seems to be jack of all trades, master of non, DVB\SSV seems to be the master whip vape.

I'm leaning towards the SSV due to it being built for a purpose and being good at it, rather have something that does one thing very well than something that does two things satisfactorily.

Thanks in advance

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Looking for a decent vaporiser to use with herbs

tried a few different ones over the years and never liked any of them, personally if you dont want to smoke anymore i would bake it
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks to Mystical_2K

iNSPECTA (13th March 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd be interested in this, as times I want a quick smoke, I don't want the baccy, so a vape would be great, still for social times use herbs and roll, but the Pen would be quality.

Apparently you can use the GPen with Herbs, they're about £80

Thanks to BigBrand

Thanks
    Karma Level

Really not interested in baking, too hard to dose correctly and you have to prepare in advance. Sometimes I just fancy a quick smoke.

Been looking at the pens they range from £20 - £100, feedback isn't too great. Seem to be very difficult to clean, also tend to burn the herb rather than vaporising. They seem to be great for oils, not so great with dry herbs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've only just learnt about wax, what is it?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by iNSPECTA View Post
    Really not interested in baking, too hard to dose correctly and you have to prepare in advance. Sometimes I just fancy a quick smoke.

Been looking at the pens they range from £20 - £100, feedback isn't too great. Seem to be very difficult to clean, also tend to burn the herb rather than vaporising. They seem to be great for oils, not so great with dry herbs.
    fair point about the dosage and having to prepare in advance, i have gone down the road of baking around 100+ mini cookies for when we went to a festival and we could just munch on them when we felt like it without drawing any attention in the arena, worked quite well and what was left just went in the freezer so pulled one out when i wanted one

try this for your pens, might give you an idea

http://www.hightimes.com/read/high-t...n-buyers-guide
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks to Mystical_2K

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

This was posted on DF recently. Thought it interesting.

2 Thanks given to I Black Belt

BigBrand (13th March 2014),  iNSPECTA (13th March 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrand View Post
    I've only just learnt about wax, what is it?
    As far as I can tell its some super concentrate that's extracted using isopropanol alcohol and is pretty dangerous to make.

@m2k never thought of freezing what I bake, might make a little batch and see how I get on.

@ibb I saw that, as interesting as it looks I don't want something portable, I'm after something that's going to last a while and can cater for groups and individuals.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wax is basically butane honey oil BHO, I think.

The trouble with most devices for ecigs is that they still burn the herbs/wax/oil to some extent.
    At home I've got a volcano :thumbsup: It's not exactly portable and I do feel a bit silly sucking vape from an oven roasting bag ..... which then annoys me intensely the way it crinkles and crackles for the next hour after you've used it. That said, it is the daddy and you can always put the bag away somewhere
    The Pinacle Pro, Arizer Solo and the DaVinci above are probably worth a look if you're after something a bit more portable but like the Volcano they're not exactly cheap if you don't like the vape.

I've read reports of people making up their own herb infused eliquid by slow cooking for hours or letting it steep for months but not experienced any strong ones myself yet. I'm not sure if the liquid gets saturated too easily or they were being too optimistic as the tinctures and infusions I've tried only gave a feeling that something was coming on but never really arrived, if you get me.

Edibles don't have to take all day or be unpredictable dosing wise btw if you've got the butter or oil ready done. You can add a teaspoon of the oil or butter to all kinds of quick snacks or drinks once you know how strong a teaspoon of your butter is.

2 Thanks given to Hippie on hill

BigBrand (13th March 2014),  iNSPECTA (13th March 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've wanted a volcano for the past 10 years, just cannot justify the price. Not interested in it being portable, main thing is a quality smoke, I want it to be good enough to move away from using tobacco altogether.

Thanks to iNSPECTA

BigBrand (13th March 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie on hill View Post
    Wax is basically butane honey oil BHO, I think.

The trouble with most devices for ecigs is that they still burn the herbs/wax/oil to some extent.
    At home I've got a volcano :thumbsup: It's not exactly portable and I do feel a bit silly sucking vape from an oven roasting bag ..... which then annoys me intensely the way it crinkles and crackles for the next hour after you've used it. That said, it is the daddy and you can always put the bag away somewhere
    The Pinacle Pro, Arizer Solo and the DaVinci above are probably worth a look if you're after something a bit more portable but like the Volcano they're not exactly cheap if you don't like the vape.

I've read reports of people making up their own herb infused eliquid by slow cooking for hours or letting it steep for months but not experienced any strong ones myself yet. I'm not sure if the liquid gets saturated too easily or they were being too optimistic as the tinctures and infusions I've tried only gave a feeling that something was coming on but never really arrived, if you get me.

Edibles don't have to take all day or be unpredictable dosing wise btw if you've got the butter or oil ready done. You can add a teaspoon of the oil or butter to all kinds of quick snacks or drinks once you know how strong a teaspoon of your butter is.
    That Pinnacle Pro looks the dogs, I think that's what I might look at!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah I dunno why these things are sooo expensive. I mean, you can buy an SMD Rework Station with variable temp and fan control for under £60 delivered online which is basically the same tech. Pair that up with a pipe or just gauze in the nozzle and you've got basically the same thing at a fraction of the price.

Thanks to Hippie on hill

Thanks
    Karma Level

I remember when I was at Uni, a few of us clubbed together and got a vaporizer for a mate's birthday - we were always round his room anyway so the gift wasn't very altruistic.

Anyway, we all had the best herbs we could find prepared in anticipation, tried em out but they did nothing except turn a slightly darker brown colour (not burnt though).

Once we had realised we had used all our herbs and had no effect, we thought we would smoke the remainders in the traditional manner, but this also did nothing.

Maybe it was a bad model (it was the normal one you always see in head shops), but our conclusion was that it was a total waste of time, money and good herbs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

What about using a bong instead? Or a pipe?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    I remember a variety of bong using a bucket that was very efficient

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I have the magic flight launch box cost me around £90 then a bit more for some extra batteries - it is the best you can buy for the money and pretty stealthy

The pens you can get at the moment burn your herb rather than vape it so not worth it

I also have a volcano but at around £300 they are in a different league - the flight box is a great bit of kit for the money - you need to learn how to use it properly and it is a one man solution not one for passing around

I want to get a cera thermo vape but they are not available in the UK and I had read they had had some problems so no warranty to send back etc

Great site to check out herb vapes here http://fuckcombustion.com/
    Last edited by prezzy; 13th March 2014 at 09:49 PM.

Thanks to prezzy

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by iNSPECTA View Post
    I've wanted a volcano for the past 10 years, just cannot justify the price. Not interested in it being portable, main thing is a quality smoke, I want it to be good enough to move away from using tobacco altogether.
    Get the Volcano you will not be disappointed - well worth the outlay imo they cannot be beaten

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    You are still burning the herb no matter how cool the smoke is I have used many through water and ice etc still getting the shit in your lungs

Thanks to prezzy

Geko (13th March 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Try ruvaped.com, I got loads in a while back and they flew out, top quality vape pens for wax/oils and the Titan for both which I can highly recommend if you wait a few weeks I'm placing a bulk order and you can have one at cost

Thanks to XBOX4LIFE

iNSPECTA (14th March 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by XBOX4LIFE View Post
    Try ruvaped.com, I got loads in a while back and they flew out, top quality vape pens for wax/oils and the Titan for both which I can highly recommend if you wait a few weeks I'm placing a bulk order and you can have one at cost
    Give me a shout when you receive your order mate, and I'll most probably have one off you, cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast