E-Cig Explode While Charging

Thread: E-Cig Explode While Charging

WRATH OF BOD said:

Info E-Cig Explode While Charging

this as just been on my local news show(north east)
    he was using the wrong charger
    it explodes while he is at work in a bar.

WRATH OF BOD said:

Default Re: E-Cig Explode While Charging

Full Report

beerman said:

Lol my brother had one do that at my mums house. I wasn't happy when he told me the wood flooring is fucked and will need to be replaced (it burnt a hole in it). Luckily no one was hurt, it didn't fly across the room like the video, it just went bang and started spewing flames. My nephew was sitting about 3 foot away and my bro was actually walking over to it to take it off charge when it happened, very lucky.

Oh yeah, he was using the wrong charger too.

Gonch said:

I work in the fire service and there has been quite a lot of fires throughout the country due to charging so would be careful where you buy your batteries from and to look after them, there is a li po guard bag that only about a fiver and could potentially save a lot of damage

blaggard said:

Quote Originally Posted by qwe123 View Post
    Ahaha, hilarious. I hope people drop and never think about smoking again, haha...
    Should have read your welcome email, spammed on your second post. . .. you're outta here. .
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

dawso_s said:

Too many dealers aren't telling customers that phone chargers have too high an output for these, there's 3 places around me and only one is responsible enough to tell the customers about this, the other ones are full of Chinese copies as well.

GTI said:

I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to electrics, but I thought all of these charge off a USB charger which is outputting 5V

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet"
    -Abraham Lincoln

I Black Belt said:

Yep. All my chargers are like the one GTI shows and I've never had a problem.

dawso_s said:

Yep 5v but the ego should b charged at 500ma, but most phone chargers put out 1000ma, with the cheap electronics put into these, a lot of them have gone out and forgotten to put the overcharge protection in, so 1000ma leads to a lot of heat build up and the overcharge and finally explosion.