Close

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 472
  1. #21
    Banned macmilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    3,822
    Thanks
    1,663
    Thanked:        1,300
    Karma Level
    0

    Default Re: is this the start

    Have I lost channels? Yes
    Am I bothered ? NO

    I think Sky are the ones that need to change the game.... TV viewing is changing for many and the amount of people downloading, using a friends Library via whatever media sharing app you use, viewing online
    and more and more are happy to use Freesat...

    I think Sky are losing the grip they once had..... even the Football is no longer a Sky exclusive....

    Apart from the 3 channels I have (maybe lost) so far a watch absolutely fuck all.
    It seems for many and at one point me included I was subscribing not because I actually watched that much, but more because it was the norm !!!

    I would subscribe to Sky if they let me choose the channels I actually want (less than 5)
    Instead of forcing 100+ channels of utter wank on me that I dont want !

    Anyway... no time to talk. Off to watch Crime (SD) ;-(

    Thanks to macmilm

    4me2 (26th April 2014) 


  2. #22
    DF Jedi reverend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    On the couch
    Posts
    2,613
    Thanks
    179
    Thanked:        450
    Karma Level
    358

    Default Re: is this the start

    Doesn't this just mean that they need to release boxes that can handle the new codecs if they can fix the emulation?

  3. #23
    DF Jedi rookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    2,081
    Thanks
    233
    Thanked:        141
    Karma Level
    311

    Default Re: is this the start

    Im happy with my 25th anniversary sky offer. I ditch cs 2 months ago. Just hope its ok for the boxing next month

  4. #24
    DF Jedi reverend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    On the couch
    Posts
    2,613
    Thanks
    179
    Thanked:        450
    Karma Level
    358

    Default Re: is this the start

    I need to ring Sky as been meaning to try and see if I can get a better offer - I'm paying £85 a month for the folks place at the moment (I've always carried on paying since I left home) but now I'm after a mortgage it'll have to be saved!

  5. #25
    Banned macmilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    3,822
    Thanks
    1,663
    Thanked:        1,300
    Karma Level
    0

    Default Re: is this the start

    Quote Originally Posted by reverend View Post
    Doesn't this just mean that they need to release boxes that can handle the new codecs if they can fix the emulation?
    Would have thought so as far as the codec goes but there is also the Pairing issue which needs to be resolved !!!!
    No pair? No watch! regardless of happy codec !

    Thanks to macmilm

    reverend (24th April 2014) 


  6. #26
    Awaiting Email Confirm dringhouses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    europe
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked:        9
    Karma Level
    0

    Default Re: is this the start

    Quote Originally Posted by macmilm View Post
    Have I lost channels? Yes
    Am I bothered ? NO

    I think Sky are the ones that need to change the game.... TV viewing is changing for many and the amount of people downloading, using a friends Library via whatever media sharing app you use, viewing online
    and more and more are happy to use Freesat...

    I think Sky are losing the grip they once had..... even the Football is no longer a Sky exclusive....

    Apart from the 3 channels I have (maybe lost) so far a watch absolutely fuck all.
    It seems for many and at one point me included I was subscribing not because I actually watched that much, but more because it was the norm !!!

    I would subscribe to Sky if they let me choose the channels I actually want (less than 5)
    Instead of forcing 100+ channels of utter wank on me that I dont want !

    Anyway... no time to talk. Off to watch Crime (SD) ;-(
    Boys I may piss on the wrong pot here but; Well just checked all my different boxes ( Kryptview, F5s, sky+ hd ) all work fine with all the channels on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Thanks to dringhouses

    macmilm (24th April 2014) 


  7. #27
    DF PwNagE beerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    29 Acacia Road
    Posts
    8,419
    Thanks
    1,070
    Thanked:        1,564
    Karma Level
    948

    Default Re: is this the start

    Quote Originally Posted by dringhouses View Post
    Boys I may piss on the wrong pot here but; Well just checked all my different boxes ( Kryptview, F5s, sky+ hd ) all work fine with all the channels on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You checked the channels mentioned in this thread? NeoGeo HD, Crime HD, Sky Arts 1+2. And of course your Sky+ HD box will be fine, I doubt they want to kill the channels on their own kit.

  8. #28
    Banned macmilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    3,822
    Thanks
    1,663
    Thanked:        1,300
    Karma Level
    0

    Default Re: is this the start

    Who knows what is going on... am Sure Sky are trying something..
    But I am pretty sure none of us lot will lose any sleep over it !!!

    Well Goldbellend will if he loses Sky channel 871 or 872 !!!!!

  9. #29
    DF Super Moderator Teajunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    3,609
    Thanks
    1,561
    Thanked:        1,520
    Karma Level
    480

    Default Re: is this the start

    I'm gonna sound a right thick twat now but is this affecting all channels or just HD ?
    Find me on Instagram and twitter @mrteajunke.

  10. #30
    DF Wh0re philmein121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    oldham
    Posts
    160
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked:        45
    Karma Level
    221

    Default Re: is this the start

    Quote Originally Posted by Teajunkie View Post
    I'm gonna sound a right thick twat now but is this affecting all channels or just HD ?
    Just HD channels

    Thanks to philmein121

    Teajunkie (24th April 2014) 


  11. #31
    Banned Goldberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mumsnet
    Posts
    14,430
    Thanks
    1,313
    Thanked:        1,535
    Karma Level
    0

    Default Re: is this the start

    Quote Originally Posted by macmilm View Post
    Who knows what is going on... am Sure Sky are trying something..
    But I am pretty sure none of us lot will lose any sleep over it !!!

    Well Goldbellend will if he loses Sky channel 871 or 872 !!!!!
    It is what your wife wants on during the finger blasting. I say finger blasting... Fist blasting.

    Not checked here yet, not channels that concern me. Just give me Sky Sports until the end of the season and I have had my coins worth.

  12. #32
    DF PiMP sonysteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    430
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked:        38
    Karma Level
    191

    Default Re: is this the start

    i don't have a sky F5 box,but do have Sky tv and just to let you guys know . my sky hd box has updated and now sporting a new UI dash and menu's.

    Thanks to sonysteve

    rookie (24th April 2014) 


  13. #33
    DF PwNagE ant3b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,127
    Thanks
    593
    Thanked:        165
    Karma Level
    592

    Default Re: is this the start

    Mine has the new UI also Steve

  14. #34
    Banned Goldberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mumsnet
    Posts
    14,430
    Thanks
    1,313
    Thanked:        1,535
    Karma Level
    0

    Default Re: is this the start

    What do we reckon then guys? Time to do this with the F5?


  15. #35
    DF PwNagE Mobileman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    No.1 The Toon
    Posts
    6,429
    Thanks
    1,619
    Thanked:        1,042
    Karma Level
    692

    Default Re: is this the start

    Yep had the new up for few days bloody annoys tots out me press GUIs and rather than pop up planner straight away now have the stupid 8 choices any way back to my f5s anyone do we have full list if effected channels ?

  16. #36
    Banned Goldberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mumsnet
    Posts
    14,430
    Thanks
    1,313
    Thanked:        1,535
    Karma Level
    0

    Default Re: is this the start

    From what I have read, it will be pretty much every HD channel shortly.
    SD channels will remain unaffected for now, so it might be time to pair up in old SD boxes.

    This is just what I have read, I know nothing about it other than the chatter going on.. So could all be BS.

  17. #37
    DF Jedi raelmadrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Redmond, WA
    Posts
    4,560
    Thanks
    818
    Thanked:        701
    Karma Level
    535

    Default Re: is this the start


  18. #38
    DF PiMP kroner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    down south
    Posts
    334
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked:        123
    Karma Level
    234

    Default Re: is this the start

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    From what I have read, it will be pretty much every HD channel shortly.
    SD channels will remain unaffected for now, so it might be time to pair up in old SD boxes.

    This is just what I have read, I know nothing about it other than the chatter going on.. So could all be BS.
    No need to pair up any new boxes as all the channels are broadcasting in SD and HD.

    All that's needed is a rescan or channel lists that carry both SD and HD listings. Then when the rest of the HD channels drop out just use the SD channels.

  19. #39
    Banned Goldberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mumsnet
    Posts
    14,430
    Thanks
    1,313
    Thanked:        1,535
    Karma Level
    0

    Default Re: is this the start


  20. #40
    DF PwNagE Mobileman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    No.1 The Toon
    Posts
    6,429
    Thanks
    1,619
    Thanked:        1,042
    Karma Level
    692

    Default Re: is this the start

    So all server suppliers need Thompson hd boxes then or is that no use ?

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 21st September 2006, 06:43 PM
  2. A bad start ?
    By subhuman in forum Digital & Cable TV
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11th May 2003, 05:10 PM

Social Networking Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •