Quote Originally Posted by sk. View Post
the Common Scrambling Algorithm CSA is used by all providers on the DVB standard. to change this standard would mean new hardware/boxes for everyone therefore it must be something else. i give examples of what they can and do use to try to stop cardshares. all major providers have/are moving to the card paired to box scenario in an effort to improve on security.

i dont doubt there is some persons who have read this post that have the solution to this issue re SKy. whether they will share there methods is another matter. when someone does then maybe we will see an update for oscam, cccam or the usual event of the offering of a new cam.
I am aware of the card/STB pairing. having worked for the company in question installing this equipment we always had to pair the box and card.

What I think may happen (and again, all speculation!) is somone will find a way of spoofing the box SN on the CS server, to trick the card into thinking that it is in the correct STB. whether that's possible or not is a mystery as yet.

I think it's pretty much accepted now that HD over CS is gone for at least the foreseeable future, so everyone back to the bad old days of SD