Nissan Qashqai Sat Nav SD Card sought

Thread: Nissan Qashqai Sat Nav SD Card sought

  1. tips's Avatar

    tips said:

    Default Nissan Qashqai Sat Nav SD Card sought

    Nissan Qashqai Sat Nav SD Card sought

    Hi,

    I have just bought a Qashqai today and the SD Card for the built in Sat Nav is missing, I am not bothered about the age of any maps, but currently I have been unable to find anything on the Newsgroups or Torrents. I think the system is Nissan Connect.

    Can any of you help locate one (before I have to buy a genuine one from Nissan or eBay).

    THANKS
     
  2. hoponbaby's Avatar

    hoponbaby said:

    Default Re: Nissan Qashqai Sat Nav SD Card sought

    What year Qashqai is it? My mrs has a 2011 one so presumably I can copy the contents
     
  3. evilsatan's Avatar

    evilsatan said:

    Default Re: Nissan Qashqai Sat Nav SD Card sought

    Worst comes to worst it looks like you can buy them on ebay, loads available. But more interestingly I just saw it runs on WinCE so might be worth getting yourself an original card and another SD card and trying to load iGo on there Does the sat nav integrate with a drivers information system or anything like that? Or does it just appear on the inbuilt screen?

    Some forums suggest you don't have OS access on the unit but worth a tinker just in case. There may well be info about it on the net already.

     
  4. tips's Avatar

    tips said:

    Default Re: Nissan Qashqai Sat Nav SD Card sought

    Hi,

    Thanks for the replies.

    The Nav does integrate with the rest of the system (radio and the likes). But as it happens I have just 5 mins since bought a used one that I hope works as it is an earlier version.

    The car is a 2011 btw so thanks for the offer, but from what I have read earlier, the cards have some form of protection on that they haven't (as far as I can find out) been able to circumnavigate.

    Will update when the card turns up.
     
  5. evilsatan's Avatar

    evilsatan said:

    Default Re: Nissan Qashqai Sat Nav SD Card sought

    My idea was to put the SD card into a PC to view the contents, see what the executable is. On a separate SD card put iGo on there and rename the executable to the same name as the Nissan exe, there will probs be a bit more to it like a custom config.ini but I have done this on numerous sat navs in the past. Integration will probs be an issue though if the sat nav app is what handles that.

     
  6. Mobileman's Avatar

    Mobileman said:

    Default Re: Nissan Qashqai Sat Nav SD Card sought

    Check noeman gsm forum for maps they have pretty much all cars and systems covered
     
  7. tips's Avatar

    tips said:

    Default Re: Nissan Qashqai Sat Nav SD Card sought

    Just a quick update to say that I have now received the car from Gumtree (for a tenner), and all is working. Thanks for the info above, I will have a look / play about.
     
  8. Ashley's Avatar

    Ashley said:

    Default Re: Nissan Qashqai Sat Nav SD Card sought

    Quote Originally Posted by tips View Post
    Just a quick update to say that I have now received the car from Gumtree (for a tenner), and all is working. Thanks for the info above, I will have a look / play about.
    How did you get on with this?

    Did you manage to get a more recent one?

    I've just purchased a 2013 model and it has not got one with it either.
     
  9. tips's Avatar

    tips said:

    Default Re: Nissan Qashqai Sat Nav SD Card sought

    Hi,

    I just bought the cheapest SD Card version I could find on Gumtree (eBay was considerably dearer).

    Car has long since gone so I have no further details.
     
  10. Ashley's Avatar

    Ashley said:

    Default Re: Nissan Qashqai Sat Nav SD Card sought

    Quote Originally Posted by tips View Post
    Hi,

    I just bought the cheapest SD Card version I could find on Gumtree (eBay was considerably dearer).

    Car has long since gone so I have no further details.
    No problem. I ended up winning one for £15 on eBay if it don't work I'll sell it on.
     
  11. bobo06's Avatar

    bobo06 said:

    Default Re: Nissan Qashqai Sat Nav SD Card sought

    She has one if you want I can copy contents. 2013 360 model
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.
     
  12. Ashley's Avatar

    Ashley said:

    Default Re: Nissan Qashqai Sat Nav SD Card sought

    That's what I have cheers bobo but I think they are not possible to copy from all the reading I've done.

    Thank you for the offer
     
  13. snake234's Avatar

    snake234 said:

    Default Re: Nissan Qashqai Sat Nav SD Card sought

    hello guys you can attach the sat nav sd card file 2016 thanks
     
  14. Ashley's Avatar

    Ashley said:

    Default Re: Nissan Qashqai Sat Nav SD Card sought

    Quote Originally Posted by snake234 View Post
    hello guys you can attach the sat nav sd card file 2016 thanks
    No
     
  15. Gillz's Avatar

    Gillz said:

    Default Re: Nissan Qashqai Sat Nav SD Card sought

    Hi, I don't have a reply sorry but I have a problem with my SD card on my Qashqai and just wondering if the ones from Ebay actually work. Thank you for any advice.
     
  16. Ashley's Avatar

    Ashley said:

    Default Re: Nissan Qashqai Sat Nav SD Card sought

    Quote Originally Posted by Gillz View Post
    Hi, I don't have a reply sorry but I have a problem with my SD card on my Qashqai and just wondering if the ones from Ebay actually work. Thank you for any advice.
    Mine from eBay worked fine. Make sure your card matches the model of Nissan Connect you have.
     
  17. soapyjoe's Avatar

    soapyjoe said:

    Default Re: Nissan Qashqai Sat Nav SD Card sought

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Mine from eBay worked fine. Make sure your card matches the model of Nissan Connect you have.
    My apologies if this is a stupid question but how do you check which model Nissan Connect you have?

    I've just bought a Nissan Connect map update SD card via eBay and, despite it being advertised as 'Genuine Nissan', it doesn't work properly. The card is recognised (with difficulty... sometimes I have to eject/re-insert it) and appears to work but there's no voice navigation at all. The moment I put the old SD card back in, voice navigation works again.

    I've been through all the controls on the Nissan Connect itself but cannot see any info screen that shows either the unit version or the SD card version. Is there some hidden 'button press' sequence that reveals all? Or is it based solely on the age of the vehicle? (I have a Qashqai first registered Feb. 2013 and the old, working SD card shows '25920 BH00E')

    Before I enter into discussion with the SD card seller I would like to check I haven't inadvertently ordered the wrong SD card. The SD card is/was advertised as for "Nissan CONNECT LCN1 navigation system" which I assume is Nissan Connect 1. It also says 'compatible with 25920BH00E - 2012/2013' which is what the old card shows. Finally, the advert shows 'compatible with 'QASHQAI (from 2009 to 2013)' which is what mine is. I thought I'd checked everything... but the new SD card doesn't work as it should.

    My first post in this forum so apologies if I've asked a question answered previously elsewhere. I could post a link to the eBay advert but I'm not sure if this is allowed in the forum.
     
  18. Mickey's Avatar

    Mickey said:

    Default Re: Nissan Qashqai Sat Nav SD Card sought

    Quote Originally Posted by soapyjoe View Post
    My apologies if this is a stupid question but how do you check which model Nissan Connect you have?

    I've just bought a Nissan Connect map update SD card via eBay and, despite it being advertised as 'Genuine Nissan', it doesn't work properly. The card is recognised (with difficulty... sometimes I have to eject/re-insert it) and appears to work but there's no voice navigation at all. The moment I put the old SD card back in, voice navigation works again.

    I've been through all the controls on the Nissan Connect itself but cannot see any info screen that shows either the unit version or the SD card version. Is there some hidden 'button press' sequence that reveals all? Or is it based solely on the age of the vehicle? (I have a Qashqai first registered Feb. 2013 and the old, working SD card shows '25920 BH00E')

    Before I enter into discussion with the SD card seller I would like to check I haven't inadvertently ordered the wrong SD card. The SD card is/was advertised as for "Nissan CONNECT LCN1 navigation system" which I assume is Nissan Connect 1. It also says 'compatible with 25920BH00E - 2012/2013' which is what the old card shows. Finally, the advert shows 'compatible with 'QASHQAI (from 2009 to 2013)' which is what mine is. I thought I'd checked everything... but the new SD card doesn't work as it should.

    My first post in this forum so apologies if I've asked a question answered previously elsewhere. I could post a link to the eBay advert but I'm not sure if this is allowed in the forum.
    Welcome to Digital Forums. I guess you didn't read your welcome registration message or anything else regarding the Df Rules

    Asking for help on your first post looks pretty bad for you (= LEECH). would you do this in real life. go into a pub and start asking questions to someone you don't know without first saying hi mate fancy a beer.

    common forum etiquette is the best way to get your information you need
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]