Photo Enhance

Thread: Photo Enhance

crazyadi said:

Help Photo Enhance

Hi Guys

Ive been trying to improve a photo for fathers day, but im not having much luck. Ive been using Photoshop and whilst i am getting some improvement its still loks shit.

Are there any photo shop wizards who would mind having a look at it for me and seeing what they could do please?

thanks

Crazy

BigBird said:

Default Re: Photo Enhance

Don't use Photoshop much myself but it may improve your chances of getting someone to have a go if you explain what is wrong with the photo that needs fixing. Is it the sharpness, colour, contrast, etc. There are limits even with Photoshop. In my experience it can't add detail that isn't there in the first place without spending a lot of time working on it to change individual pixels. (">

ilscuro said:

Do you have a raw file of the image, or just the jpg?

Having a raw can make a huge difference when working on the photo.

dpSparhawk said:

Put the image up and we can look at it. Explain what it is you want doing to it as well.

crazyadi said:

Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    Don't use Photoshop much myself but it may improve your chances of getting someone to have a go if you explain what is wrong with the photo that needs fixing. Is it the sharpness, colour, contrast, etc. There are limits even with Photoshop. In my experience it can't add detail that isn't there in the first place without spending a lot of time working on it to change individual pixels. (">
    Lot of artificial light in the background washing out the tones in the foreground, needs sharpening and colour enhancing plus some grain removing plus there is a big thumb in the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post
    Do you have a raw file of the image, or just the jpg?

Having a raw can make a huge difference when working on the photo.
    no just a jpg file :-/

Quote Originally Posted by dpSparhawk View Post
    Put the image up and we can look at it. Explain what it is you want doing to it as well.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

would like the grain reduced and sharpening and better tones?? i did try to lasso the background so i could reduce the brightness as i thought that would help to make foreground subjects look better but the cut was to choppy and was very obvious, i did manage to remove the thumb and enhance foreground a little in this picture..[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Doctor Who said:

ive degrained it and added a bit of saturation but cant seem to get rid of the background glare light

dpSparhawk said:

Doctor Who's one works. That's about the best you'll get I think. Background is blown so no recovery there.

Cosmicpore said:

I worked from the original image and managed this

Worked on the background and subjects separately to try and get the tones fairly uniform. Then worked on faces to make them look less washed out. Finally did some freehand blurring on the subjects as I feel noise reduction comes at a cost to the quality of the picture. I'm sorry to say there's not a whole lot that can be done with a photo like this.

I'll leave the thumb to you since you did a good job

crazyadi said:

Thanks very much guys, i realise it was a bit hopless but you have both improved it lots, ill print a couple and see which one looks best in print.

Thanks again for your help! :-)

crazy