Close

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Chinese phones

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Chinese phones

Quote Originally Posted by Nathz29 View Post
    I've just ordered a ulephone armour 2. Fed up of phones getting nicks, scratches and cracks whilst working.
    Itll be a few weeks no doubt as it's on a slow boat from China

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Where from mate?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Gearbest was 194, usually gets stopped at customs when I've used them before so prob 220ish in total

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nathz29 View Post
    Gearbest was 194, usually gets stopped at customs when I've used them before so prob 220ish in total

I have learnt DO NOT choose DHL as courier and I get no extra charges. I forget the alternative but DHL are cunts

Thanks
    Karma Level

I just leave it on standard delivery sometimes it gets through but most of the time not. Don't remember ever choosing a courier though

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've seen them on Fleabay for £220

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm giving up now with these cheap Chinese phones (I've got a drawer with 5 none working Cubots / Elephones in). My current model is a proper mollycoddled Elephone S7 that I've had for just 4 months, it still looks like brand new, but the bloody thing just switched itself off one day and won't take a charge (I think). Tried all sorts, and the 2 year warranty appears not to be worth a w*nk as they saying I must pay to send it back to China.

Can anyone recommend a brand name Android phone that doesn't cost the earth, but it must use Dual SIM and preferably accept a MicroSD with both SIM Cards in there also?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

do all chinese fones have dog shit batterys in them? my ulefone metal battery is goosed after 12 months
    hasta la yeah baby yeah!

3tv

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've just bought a new Samsung S7 Edge so I've ditched my cubot x17

Cheapreefer on instagram

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wow I reckon you two have been unlucky. Bought about 6 elephones for myself, the Mrs and other friends. The wifes is still going strong after 2 years and battery still lasts 24 hours easy on her now shitty P7000.
    I upgraded my P7000 to an M3 which I get 2 days battery out of without worrying about what I do. A friend had one batter issue and I bought them a new battery for about $6 delivered and it has been fine since.

Had my current phone about 9/10 months and still not a single issue.

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Wow I reckon you two have been unlucky. Bought about 6 elephones for myself, the Mrs and other friends. The wifes is still going strong after 2 years and battery still lasts 24 hours easy on her now shitty P7000.
    I upgraded my P7000 to an M3 which I get 2 days battery out of without worrying about what I do. A friend had one batter issue and I bought them a new battery for about $6 delivered and it has been fine since.

Had my current phone about 9/10 months and still not a single issue.
    Agreed. My Ullefone power is still going strong (gave this to a friend a while ago and it gets heavy use every day as she lives on facebook) and my Oukitel U16 max is going strong still with no problems

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think you have been unlucky m8.

i got a ulefone power 1 for the wife and a power 2 for me both still going strong and getting at least 2 days of life per charge. a cubot h2 i use as a satnav in the car, and son no 2 still has an elephone P8000 from 2 years ago. all still going strong. and i just ordered a BL7000 for the wife that has a 7060mah battery that i hope will be even better.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've stuck with the Moto G series as I have been tempted by the Chinese phones, but Moto G is at a similar price point, and I get proper UK warranty from a well reputed brand.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over Carl View Post
    I've stuck with the Moto G series as I have been tempted by the Chinese phones, but Moto G is at a similar price point, and I get proper UK warranty from a well reputed brand.
    Totally get what you would think warranty wise but from memory you are a dab hand with a screw driver.... e.g
    When I have had a problem with a chinese phone, in one example I needed to get a new rear camera. Camera was £12 delivered from Hong Kong.
    I had a kit for this sort of thing. Job was done in about 40 minutes and my phone was still flag ship spec (at the time) for £150...

Not trying to convince anyone. Each to their own. I happen to like these chinese bobbins and have mad a lot of friends and family happy by getting them one. Is a Samsung Note x better?? Of course it is, but it costs a lot more and if I am honest my main reason for getting these cheaper clones is that I destroy phones in liquids at a rapid rate for some reason and insurance was no longer cost effective. Younger kids chucking your mobile down the toilet etc :-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

I must just been unlucky. I love a bargain more than most (been using Chinese phones for a number of years). I could find a replacement battery and fit that, which I have done before now. But for one I shouldn't have to when there is supposed to be a 2 year warranty on it, and two, I'm already paranoid about leaving the official batteries on charge overnight due to the fire hazard, I really don't fancy it any more with a £10 copy (that I'd likely have an extended wait for from China).

No, this one has left a bitter taste in my mouth, £200 (just under) for 3 months use doesn't work out particularly cheap. They can get to f***.

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

@ tips. Then send it back for replacement, Appreciate the wait and postage cost issues, but long term, it's surely the way to go?

Thanks to I Black Belt

tips (13th November 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by I Black Belt View Post
    @ tips. Then send it back for replacement, Appreciate the wait and postage cost issues, but long term, it's surely the way to go?
    I'll likely end up doing so m8, but as I need a phone (and prefer dual SIM) for my business, I still need to find a replacement and won't be going down the "sporadic Chinese make" route.

Thanks
    Karma Level

@Tips
    You can get most of those phones mentioned above via amazon uk now, so if you get any problems returning them is a doddle.
    yes it is a bit more expensive to get them via an amazon reseller rather than direct from china but you get the warranty peace of mind that way and it still works out way cheaper than the big brand phones.

2 Thanks given to andyinlondon

Bald Bouncer (14th November 2017),  tips (14th November 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by andyinlondon View Post
    @Tips
    You can get most of those phones mentioned above via amazon uk now, so if you get any problems returning them is a doddle.
    yes it is a bit more expensive to get them via an amazon reseller rather than direct from china but you get the warranty peace of mind that way and it still works out way cheaper than the big brand phones.
    Yeah, they seem to add on average £20-£30 to the price but as you say it is still a bargain.

Thanks to piggzy

andyinlondon (14th November 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've managed to "fettle together" a working Elephone P8000 from 3 damaged ones so I'll use that for now. I've requested the return details yesterday but didn't hear back from them last night. I hope they don't think the threat of having to return it at your own expense, will deter folks and they leave it at that (have any of you had to return one before, and if so what was the turnaround like?).

I think there's something to be said for buying via Amazon, though I'm still thinking that "enough is enough", and will go for a recognised brand next time.

Thanks to tips

andyinlondon (14th November 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tips View Post
    I'm giving up now with these cheap Chinese phones (I've got a drawer with 5 none working Cubots / Elephones in). My current model is a proper mollycoddled Elephone S7 that I've had for just 4 months, it still looks like brand new, but the bloody thing just switched itself off one day and won't take a charge (I think). Tried all sorts, and the 2 year warranty appears not to be worth a w*nk as they saying I must pay to send it back to China.

Can anyone recommend a brand name Android phone that doesn't cost the earth, but it must use Dual SIM and preferably accept a MicroSD with both SIM Cards in there also?
    http://digital-forums.com/showthread...007960-Honor-9

A month later and still very impressed with this phone.

Thanks to Ganty

tips (15th November 2017)  

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122 LastLast