Close

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese phones

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Chinese phones

Managed to get one today at 10am in the flash sale. Hope the seller delivers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

These are going to be very popular as its a lot of phone for the money. Hopefully that will mean that there'll be a decent selection of custom roms to help push the device in future as that is sometimes lacking from the manufacturer and their devs.

Decent looking device though. If I was in the market then I'd definitely consider one for myself. I'll stick with my G3 for now but might pick one up in a few months for my lad.

Keep us posted!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I recall reading here about another Cubot user that was a bit disappointed with the touch screen accuracy.

I have a Cubot X6 and mine was the same (struggled with accuracy around the bottom right of keyboard, when messaging and the likes). I have tried numerous calibration apps, but they made no difference at all for me. Anyway, I stumbled across this video (which initially was "pooh poohed" elsewhere as it is to calibrate the G Sensor). I did mine at 20% and that was good enough for me, though others have done both 20% & 40%. This has improved the accuracy of mine tenfold (whereas before it could take me 10 attempts to write an SMS, it is now pretty accurate from the 1st attempt).

I believe the method works with other "Chinese Phones", but as you are accessing the Engineers Menu, and with everything being written in Chinese, I would imagine it is quite easy to FUCK THINGS UP - DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. I would recommend comparing the symbols rather than the location in the table as mine was ever so slightly different to that in the video.

https://translate.googleusercontent....vOoLMrg7B3OeCg

* To enter the menu on my X6, I held the volume down button and then the power on button. Releasing the power on button when the Cubot image appeared.
    Last edited by tips; 6th June 2015 at 09:58 AM.

2 Thanks given to tips

ss30 (7th June 2015),  Zoots (6th June 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

So what do people think of the x9 then? Does 4g work ect?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just got a THL 4000 waterproof (i dont believe the waterproof bit) from amazon for only a couple of quid more than dx. was £59 with a 4000mah battery quad core android 4.42 dual sim 8gb rom 1 gb ram and a 32gb sdcard 4.7" screen and dual cameras.
    none of it exciting spec except for the battery. has been running since saturday, installing stuff and generally buggering about with it and not had to charge it up yet, amazing

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by andel View Post
    So what do people think of the x9 then? Does 4g work ect?
    X9 is not 4g I'm afraid!
    Other than that, its a very good phone for the money.

Sent from my CUBOT X6 using Tapatalk
    I STINK GET OVER IT !

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I received my P7000 yesterday and I am so pleased with it. Showed a couple of people at work and asked them to guess how much it was, bearing in mind it was direct from China and a make they hadn't heard of. They guessed £450. Mouths open when I told them it was £140. The operating system is excellent, really it is. The battery life seems excellent and there's a plot of its usage from 100% downwards through the day and a projected time of expiry. Screen is so clear and colourful, for the size as well - I can't see pixels with the naked eye. Inside it takes two full sized sims, I have the nano sim from my iPhone in a micro sim adaptor in a normal sim adaptor. Pushing it into the slot was looking to be one of those tasks that needs some swearing but it went in on the third attempt. Phone connected to 3G and 4G no problems except for mobile data is disabled by default, needed to enable that and then it was really working well. Open to any questions if someone wants to know any specifics.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

3 Thanks given to beansontoast

greens117 (25th June 2015),  littlebilly1 (26th June 2015),  Zoots (26th June 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

What do you think of the size. I'm torn as to whether a 5.5" phone is just too big - is it front jeans pocket pocketable?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beansontoast View Post
    I received my P7000 yesterday and I am so pleased with it. Showed a couple of people at work and asked them to guess how much it was, bearing in mind it was direct from China and a make they hadn't heard of. They guessed £450. Mouths open when I told them it was £140. The operating system is excellent, really it is. The battery life seems excellent and there's a plot of its usage from 100% downwards through the day and a projected time of expiry. Screen is so clear and colourful, for the size as well - I can't see pixels with the naked eye. Inside it takes two full sized sims, I have the nano sim from my iPhone in a micro sim adaptor in a normal sim adaptor. Pushing it into the slot was looking to be one of those tasks that needs some swearing but it went in on the third attempt. Phone connected to 3G and 4G no problems except for mobile data is disabled by default, needed to enable that and then it was really working well. Open to any questions if someone wants to know any specifics.
    Wow what a phone for money!
    Have you got a link to buy m8 ?

I STINK GET OVER IT !

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flipper321 View Post
    What do you think of the size. I'm torn as to whether a 5.5" phone is just too big - is it front jeans pocket pocketable?
    It is pocketable I have had it in my trousers pocket most of the day, sounds strange but I didn't notice it. I'll give it more thought and give you an update. The size does mean that you're unlikely to be able to hold it and type with one hand.

Just tried this sentence w7th jiabe hand.

I'll measure it tomorrow in its case.

In the box I got the phone (naturally) a lead, a continental/shaver plug (not read the amperage yet, not using it), the phone has a plastic film screen protector, a spare one of those, a tempered glass protector, the case and a small book.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Where did you buy it from bud ?

I STINK GET OVER IT !

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I bought it from a site called to2c mate, I've just been trying to get a link for you.

Thanks to beansontoast

greens117 (25th June 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just to let you guys know. Aliexpress which I assume most of you have used and patiently waited for the month long delivery have recently added a search option of "Domestic Delivery"

These sellers charge roughly the same price maybe £2 more but you get to choose the warehouse it is shipped from e.g. Spain , UK e.t.c

Just bought another Elephone P6000 for a friend from a uk warehouse, same price as the HongKong sellers and arrived in 5 days. Look for the "Domestic Delivery" option.

No customs to worry about either. Already cleared

2 Thanks given to piggzy

greens117 (27th June 2015),  Zoots (26th June 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Please close and hide this thread. I have the P6000 and have no need for the P8000, but I'm sooooooo tempted. The P6000 is such a good phone for the money I suppose that I do need an upgrade

Sent from my M470BSE using Tapatalk

Thanks to corskey

piggzy (27th June 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Chinese phones

I am still considering moving over to Android and one of these phones for a while... I keep waiting for the next iPhone (currently on a 4s still) but I am always disappointed with them when they come out, or out priced.

I think I might grab a P7000 next month to see me until the next iPhone release, unless I am a convert by then.

For me mainly though it is the main camera... I need one that is very good. The 4s is OK.. But I want a phone that's on par with the 6 or better.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Squizza View Post

For me mainly though it is the main camera... I need one that is very good. The 4s is OK.. But I want a phone that's on par with the 6 or better.
    The camera's are mint. I saw an article somewhere comparing photos from the various elephones vs other phones and for the most part elephone won especially on the p7000 and p8000. Will try find the article.

With regards to question above about size and pocket fitment, I have a 5" device and find this to be the limit on front pocket jeans fitting. Another few mm and no way would it fit.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Do they have the features like the G4, that looks very impressive but out of my price range, especially for a device on an OS I might not like

Thanks
    Karma Level

Depends what features you are talking about. Dunno what the G4 has.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Android lollipop really is superb mate. I have had an iPhone for the previous five years so I was expecting some slight confusion to begin with but it was easy to change. Very similar, making folders is the same process and the apps are the same anyway.

2 Thanks given to beansontoast

piggzy (27th June 2015),  Squizza (28th June 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beansontoast View Post
    Android lollipop really is superb mate. I have had an iPhone for the previous five years so I was expecting some slight confusion to begin with but it was easy to change. Very similar, making folders is the same process and the apps are the same anyway.
    Was previously on Android 4.4 and as you say Lollipop is the nuts. 4.4 was like 'meh' but having to constantly sort out the in laws iPhone 4s as you say... fuck all difference for the most part. Actually got more features in Lollipop.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast