Close

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122

Thread: Chinese phones

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Chinese phones

I had to return one once about 18 months ago (for someone else). From memory I had no issues. They deffo replaced it I just cant remember how quickly etc
    It was a Doogee or something like that.

Thanks to piggzy

tips (15th November 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I tried to reply yesterday but I seem to have issues with Tapatalk.

I've got the Lenovo P2 it's excellent and was £200 from the three shop but they don't sell them anymore. Also I think not all of the UK 4G wavebands are covered.

If I was going to spend a couple of hundred quid more I'd go for the Nokia 8, seems another good one.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

3 Thanks given to beansontoast

MHP (16th November 2017),  piggzy (14th November 2017),  tips (15th November 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think my first instincts were right in that they don't want us to return them. I've requested the return details for the past 3 nights now, heard nothing till I got this one last night. First impression, and my impression still. W***kers. (and still no actual details on WTF I need to do to return it!)

Dear customer,

There are something that I want to inform you, one is that we do not have the material of S7 for now, and if the phone needs materials replace, this may not available. Second is that the UK delivery policy, I don't know if you can send the repair phone via normal post method. Because if you send us by DHL or other express methods, it may cause customs fee and have many troubles. If you still want to send us the phone to repair, you should take the responsibility.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well, I wasn't expecting this at all. But, I opened a case through Paypal regarding the company that I bought it from A) No longer advertising on eBay where I bought the phone, and B) that they would not reply to me when I contacted them. Just got an email from Paypal, saying that they found in my favour, logged in and there is a full refund in there. Happy days.

2 Thanks given to tips

beansontoast (16th November 2017),  piggzy (15th November 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tips View Post
    Well, I wasn't expecting this at all. But, I opened a case through Paypal regarding the company that I bought it from A) No longer advertising on eBay where I bought the phone, and B) that they would not reply to me when I contacted them. Just got an email from Paypal, saying that they found in my favour, logged in and there is a full refund in there. Happy days.
    Win, win.
    What is actually wrong with the phone ??? Might be an easy self fix and now you got the money back, you have nothing to lose so to speak.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Win, win.
    What is actually wrong with the phone ??? Might be an easy self fix and now you got the money back, you have nothing to lose so to speak.
    Hi,

It just powered itself off (unsure if battery was low, I think it likely was). But ever sine it won't take a charge no matter what I try (and I've tried).

Had a guy on a forum who releases his own images for them, try to talk me through a possible way to fix (via flashing a new image), but I can't get the driver to see it in the SP Flash Tool, thus I think it's the battery myself that's stone dead / broke.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tips View Post
    Hi,

It just powered itself off (unsure if battery was low, I think it likely was). But ever sine it won't take a charge no matter what I try (and I've tried).

Had a guy on a forum who releases his own images for them, try to talk me through a possible way to fix (via flashing a new image), but I can't get the driver to see it in the SP Flash Tool, thus I think it's the battery myself that's stone dead / broke.
    I would chuck £5 at aliexpress for a new battery. Worth a gamble if you can then flog it.

Thanks to piggzy

tips (15th November 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Another reply from Elephone, dodging the ball and asking me to contact the seller ....again....even though I've explained everything to them.

Please understand that because the order does not belong to us, so you need to ask the seller to help arrange the repair things, this is also written in warranty policy. So the repair and shipping fees are on you. Besides, as I told you, we do not have the repair materials in stock, if you really want to send to us, you may need to wait for the stock comes, if this is ok for you, then is ok for us.

Best Regards,
    Elephone Team

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have an elphone that displays the above symptoms lol. But I do know how/why - I forgot to put my normal charger in the car one day so when my phone was running low I thought I would look in glove box ect for an old car charger........Worked a treat for an hour until the heavy smoke and small flames started to come out of the charger......Phone switched itself off and unsurprisingly has never worked since. I tried letting it completely discharge and also tried hooking to laptop ect to see if I can revive it....Not overly bothered as it's time for a new toy anyway - A Redmi Note 4 is on its way to me as I type. Well worth the money (For old blown up phone as well as new one) as they have lasted me well and took all sorts of abuse. I would rather buy 7 Redmi Notes than 1 IPhone....and I would STILL have change lol.

3 Thanks given to DavidF

Bald Bouncer (16th November 2017),  piggzy (16th November 2017),  tips (16th November 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    I have an elphone that displays the above symptoms lol. But I do know how/why - I forgot to put my normal charger in the car one day so when my phone was running low I thought I would look in glove box ect for an old car charger........Worked a treat for an hour until the heavy smoke and small flames started to come out of the charger......Phone switched itself off and unsurprisingly has never worked since. I tried letting it completely discharge and also tried hooking to laptop ect to see if I can revive it....Not overly bothered as it's time for a new toy anyway - A Redmi Note 4 is on its way to me as I type. Well worth the money (For old blown up phone as well as new one) as they have lasted me well and took all sorts of abuse. I would rather buy 7 Redmi Notes than 1 IPhone....and I would STILL have change lol.
    Completely agree. Some of them are at an almost disposable price point. If it lasts the length of the warranty you have had you monies worth imho.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My mum will probably be getting a sim only contract in just over a month she's pestering me every day showing me cheap Chinese stuff and asking me if it's any good.

Most of them were Android 5.x so I told her to not to consider that out of date junk, but then she found an AllCall Rio. That didn't look that bad on paper to me except lack of 4G, then I found the AllCall Rio S which does have 4G.

I can find the Rio for ?52.35 including delivery, just need to pay customs, and found the Rio S for ?65.44 including delivery, excluding customs again.

I was thinking to order one and see how it goes, but I noticed some Ulephone mobiles can be found at similar prices. Anyone ever had an AllCall phone? In particular anyone tried out the Rio S?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over Carl View Post
    My mum will probably be getting a sim only contract in just over a month she's pestering me every day showing me cheap Chinese stuff and asking me if it's any good.

Most of them were Android 5.x so I told her to not to consider that out of date junk, but then she found an AllCall Rio. That didn't look that bad on paper to me except lack of 4G, then I found the AllCall Rio S which does have 4G.

I can find the Rio for ?52.35 including delivery, just need to pay customs, and found the Rio S for ?65.44 including delivery, excluding customs again.

I was thinking to order one and see how it goes, but I noticed some Ulephone mobiles can be found at similar prices. Anyone ever had an AllCall phone? In particular anyone tried out the Rio S?
    Never bought one or had even heard of them until one of the wife's friends was round and she had one. Pretty sure it was the same model, She was banging on about how good the camera was and how much she liked the phone etc.
    That is all I can add. Never seen one myself and I thought she was confused about the name of it till I had a look at it. Seemed quick but I didn't really play with it for more than a couple of minutes. To be fair that spec at that price seems well worth a punt.

Thanks to piggzy

Over Carl (26th November 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over Carl View Post

This is a way better spec on the Amazon flash deals https://www.amazon.co.uk/HOMTOM-HT50...dp/B07469PRWP/ 79.99 at the time of posting with 33% claimed

2 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

Over Carl (26th November 2017),  piggzy (25th November 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just a quick heads up re the issues I had with my Elephone S7. Their tech support have had my phone for about 4 weeks now and even though it was an "as new" phone that had decided to stop powering on. They are adamant that I must pay for a new screen and return delivery as it is down to me not the warranty (they also will not reply to any email questioning this, but will reply the same day to anything regards paying them). Factor in the cost to send it back to them in the first place, and it's a none cost effective option.

It's no big shakes as fortunately I've already been refunded from the eBay shop via Paypal. But think it worth bearing in mind that if you buy an Elephone, it is in affect a throwaway item from the very day it is bought, as the 2 year warranty is non existent. Personally I find that a bit naughty on a near ?200(quid) item.

2 Thanks given to tips

consoles (29th January 2018),  littlebilly1 (15th January 2018)  

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122