Academic ebooks

Thread: Academic ebooks

steveanderson11 said:

ebook Academic ebooks

I'm going back to uni part-time to do modules for an MSc, and I've been sent the initial reading list- looking on Amazon, it's going to be an expensive diversion.

I've managed to track down a pdf for one of the books, but have had no joy with the others and was wondering if anyone knows of a good site to find these??

Cheers

ivrytwr3 said:

Default Re: Academic ebooks

bibliotik and bitme.org

But both invite only.

steveanderson11 said:

Thanks- Does anyone have invites to either?

I've got a couple of invites to a well known music torrent site if anyone would like to trade?

Cheers

Bobby Bouché said:

Quote Originally Posted by steveanderson11 View Post
    I'm going back to uni part-time to do modules for an MSc, and I've been sent the initial reading list- looking on Amazon, it's going to be an expensive diversion.

I've managed to track down a pdf for one of the books, but have had no joy with the others and was wondering if anyone knows of a good site to find these??

Cheers
    Get looking on ebay for used ones and also the bookshops at most uni's do a trade in and often sell the books off cheaper.
    Thats how i got loads of books for uni last year. Also look on facebook for course uni groups and they might sell you some, as well as notice boards in uni.

steveanderson11 said:

Thanks. Will have a look, but it's probably not the sort of course people would sell the books on once the finished it, I've looked on eBay and cheapest 2nd hand books are about £3 cheaper than brand new. Going to keep searching!!

ivrytwr3 said:

there are torrent invite sites where you can trade invites or buy them - i bought a couple of invites for about a tenner each - yes it's lining the pockets of scrote but i saved a fortune in getting the research material (they didn't come with extra invites though )

Bear in mind though, you are not guarenteed to get all the books you are after and also your account can be closed at anytime if the mods suspect foul play.

steiff1 said:

have you tried slideshare.net?

steveanderson11 said:

Just had a look there, but nothing I was looking for came up- cheers anyway

rIKmAN said:

What books is it you are you after?

steveanderson11 said:

Sorry mate, didn't notice this last week!

They are all educational leadership books, there are a few on the reading list taht i've managed to get from the old fashioned library but it would be handy to have them as ebooks to read as and when the loans run out (already on my third and final renewal on one of them!)

rIKmAN said:

Well I was after a title lol, but try [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

steveanderson11 said:

Thanks mate, got a couple of ones there- what about The Principles and Practice of Educational Management by Tony Bush and Les Bell??