Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 4 responses to Israel justifying it's actions

Well it looks like I am on my own here in my support of Israel, lol.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tronads View Post
    What do you define as support? I don't believe it should be wiped off the map, but I don't think it should be immune from breaking international law, committing war crimes or operating an apartheid. Its like having a mate who slaps his missus around a bit, you wouldn't be much a of a friend if you turned a blind eye.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

2 Thanks given to GTI

Bald Bouncer (7th August 2014),  tombott (7th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

What exactly are you supporting? Them having a state? Or their actions?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Well....I'm just an average bloke, but if I went up to Mike Tyson and slapped him in the face, I wouldn't expect anything less than him and his entourage to kick the absolute fk out of me.. I would not expect them to stop and consider that I was only a little bloke, and maybe I only deserved a comparable slap back...they would want to make sure I got the message to not do it again..... So.... I think these shitty rockets that Palestine throw over the wall to Israel to be comparable to the slap, and the retaliation that Israel has provided to be the kicking the fk bit.
    That's a pretty moronic analogy born out of what is obviously a complete lack of understanding and empathy. . . . just sayin'
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

4 Thanks given to blaggard

beerman (6th August 2014),  greens117 (7th August 2014),  GTI (6th August 2014),  pmg68 (8th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Israel is simply doing to the Palestinians what the Nazi's tried to do to them in the 30's and 40's, Genocide. Guess they learned nothing in the time that has past.

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well....I'm just an average bloke, but if I went up to Mike Tyson and slapped him in the face, I wouldn't expect anything less than him and his entourage to kick the absolute fk out of me.. I would not expect them to stop and consider that I was only a little bloke, and maybe I only deserved a comparable slap back...they would want to make sure I got the message to not do it again..... So.... I think these shitty rockets that Palestine throw over the wall to Israel to be comparable to the slap, and the retaliation that Israel has provided to be the kicking the fk bit.
    Using your own analogy.. even if Mike Tyson came into your house fiddled your wife and abused your children? Then decided to make your house his?

Thanks
    Karma Level

This UN official broke down in front of the camera having witnessed unspeakable horrors earlier that day (corpses of children with heads and limbs blown off by Israeli rockets).

Even the most hardened and experienced observers are absolutely shocked by just how ruthless and merciless the Israelis have been, even by their own standards and previous examples (e.g. Operation Cast Lead 2008 and the subsequent Goldstone Report accusing Israel of war crimes).
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

This is exactly the way the media has portrayed it over here and in the USA.
    The average "bloke on the street" has never had to consider the history between these 2, just the 'today', so cannot see the reasoning from the Palestinians point of view.
    No wonder the ignorant masses can't see a problem. The Palestinians started it - didn't they??

Thanks to rmj2663

Over Carl (8th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have to say the good people of DF seem to understand this conflict a lot better than your average Brit. As someone who has championed the Palestinian cause since I was a teenager, it frustrates the fuck out of me when people say, 'yeah but the Palestinians shouldn't be committing acts of terror' or Israel wants peace but the Palestinians want to wipe Israel off the map etc..

Lets not forget that Winston Churchill instructed the British to become terrorists in the event that the Germans invaded and occupied our lands. The Palestinians are an occupied people, living in prison camps. They are subjected to daily, humiliating punishment and their children are malnourished.. whilst a few short kms away Israelis are blissfully living in brand new homes on beautifully manicured lawns, all on land stolen from the Palestinians in the last decade.
    -Benjamin Franklin

4 Thanks given to GTI

Detector (6th August 2014),  greens117 (7th August 2014),  Over Carl (8th August 2014),  tombott (7th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

When the rest of the world were bringing in sanctions against South Africa over apartheid Israel was pretty much the only country that fully backed SA throughout it all.

I my opinion that speaks volumes.

2 Thanks given to piggzy

GTI (6th August 2014),  tombott (7th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Why does the media seem to so ardently support Israel? Just last week all the headlines were about a single Israeli soldier that was missing/killed, but the death of scores of Palestinian kids was barely mentioned.

Thanks to flumperino

Over Carl (8th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    Why does the media seem to so ardently support Israel? Just last week all the headlines were about a single Israeli soldier that was missing/killed, but the death of scores of Palestinian kids was barely mentioned.
    Seems they Israelis have everyone in their pocket. You even have Netanyahu telling John Kerry "not to ever second guess me again". Seems even the US are the Israelis bitch.

Source:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/03/wo...ing/index.html

Thanks
    Karma Level

Palestine & Israel - The Clear Truth: http://youtu.be/p5IJnam54JA

The ACTUAL Truth About Palestine in response to D…: http://youtu.be/MBYkBqY1-LM
    Some interesting YouTube videos.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Brian Eno and Peter Schwartz's letters sort of sum it up really. After many years of confusion and watching this mess unfold, Schwartz's comments really do nail it. Please take the time to read both letters in full.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...s-9643916.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...s-9643922.html

Thanks to MHP

GTI (6th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Firing on fleeing civilians now , during a ceasefire.

http://www.hrw.org/news/2014/08/04/g...eing-civilians

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by aloogobee View Post
    Firing on fleeing civilians now , during a ceasefire.

http://www.hrw.org/news/2014/08/04/g...eing-civilians
    You may want to check the date on that mate, theres no NOW about it.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oops my mistake. Apologies

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think or maybe just hope that the majority of the general public are appalled by what is going on even with the media sanitisation of reports and constant repeating of 'Israel has a right to defend itself' as it's very hard to explain away the deaths of over 400 children as defending yourself, I know everyone I speak to is of the same mindset as me on it so I'm either correct or I am speaking to the right people.

3 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

GTI (7th August 2014),  Over Carl (8th August 2014),  tombott (7th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    I think or maybe just hope that the majority of the general public are appalled by what is going on even with the media sanitisation of reports and constant repeating of 'Israel has a right to defend itself' as it's very hard to explain away the deaths of over 400 children as defending yourself, I know everyone I speak to is of the same mindset as me on it so I'm either correct or I am speaking to the right people.
    Israel will withdraw, the Palestinians will rebuild their shattered homes and lives, a report will be written by a UN appointed judge, Israel will dispute and then ignore all the findings and then in 4 years time (+/- 1 year) Israel will once again pulverise Gaza.

In the meantime there will be hundreds more coachloads of heavily armed, US-born settlers who will arrive to claim their acreage in illegal West Bank settlements, terrorizing all those in their vicinity. This is Israel's policy of creeping colonisation, and all the wars and ground incursions are used to shore up this massive land theft. In case anyone is in any doubt, this conflict has, and always will be about Land.
    -Benjamin Franklin

2 Thanks given to GTI

Over Carl (8th August 2014),  tombott (7th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    Israel will withdraw, the Palestinians will rebuild their shattered homes and lives, a report will be written by a UN appointed judge, Israel will dispute and then ignore all the findings and then in 4 years time (+/- 1 year) Israel will once again pulverise Gaza.

In the meantime there will be hundreds more coachloads of heavily armed, US-born settlers who will arrive to claim their acreage in illegal West Bank settlements, terrorizing all those in their vicinity. This is Israel's policy of creeping colonisation, and all the wars and ground incursions are used to shore up this massive land theft. In case anyone is in any doubt, this conflict has, and always will be about Land.
    Sadly I think you are absolutely right, a lot of the problem for Palestinians and support from the Arab world is they are not well liked in the Arab world and never have been so they don't seem to have the motivation to come together and try and use a joint influence to force a change, really a joke Egypt being involved in the peace process after they have just had a military coup to oust a democratically elected government then ruling membership of that party illegal sentencing 100's to death and these are peace brokers.

4 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

4me2 (7th August 2014),  lfc4ever (7th August 2014),  Over Carl (8th August 2014),  tombott (7th August 2014)  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast