Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wanker What a CU next Tuesday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/28671472

F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone: I was 'a bit of an idiot' for settling case

Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone says he was "a bit of an idiot" for paying a £60m settlement to end his bribery case - but is pleased it is over.
    The 83-year-old denied any wrongdoing after being accused of paying a German banker £26m to ensure a company he favoured could buy a stake in F1.
    His offer was accepted by German prosecutors, with the judge saying the charges "could not be substantiated".
    Billionaire Ecclestone said: "They really didn't have a case."
    He added: "The judge more or less said I was acquitted... so I was a bit of an idiot to do what I did to settle because it wasn't with the judge, it was with the prosecutors.
    "Anyway, it's done and finished, so it's all right. I'm content - it's all fine. This now allows me to do what I do best, which is running F1."

Ecclestone in Formula 1
    1957 - Ecclestone buys F1 team Connaught and a year later turns his hand to management, looking after Welsh driver Stuart Lewis-Evans.
    1958 - Enters two races as a driver but fails to qualify. Quits the sport after Lewis-Evans dies in a crash.
    1970 - Returns to the sport to manage Jochen Rindt, but leaves the sport again when Rindt fatally crashes at Monza.
    1972 - Buys the Brabham team and turns it into a winning outfit.
    1978 - Creates the Formula 1 Constructors Association (Foca) and, with the help of Max Mosley, moves to control the sport's management and finance.
    2000 - Becomes the rights holder of the sport and is granted the commercial rights to F1.
    2007 - Becomes part-owner of Queens Park Rangers football club, taking over as majority shareholder in 2010 before selling a year later.
    2013 - Formally indicted on bribery charges in Germany and steps down from the main F1 board in January 2014.
    2014 - Pays £60m to end bribery trial and declares he will return to running F1 full-time.

German law allows defendants to make such a payment, with no presumption of guilt, to a charity or the treasury.
    On this occasion, about £59.4m will go directly to the German state, with the remainder to a charity that looks after terminally ill children.
    In January, Ecclestone, who has an estimated personal wealth of £2.5bn according to Forbes, stood down from a number of directorial positions on companies relating to F1, including the main board.
    But following the conclusion of the case on Tuesday, he said: "I stood down for obvious reasons, but I'll be back on again now. Everything is back to normal."
    Ecclestone's biographer Tom Bower
    "As far as he is concerned, he is back in control of Formula 1, business as usual, steaming ahead and controlling people who thought they might have seen the back of him."

The trial ran for two days a week from April and was scheduled to last until October.
    "The bottom line is it's been three and a half years of aggravation, travelling, meeting lawyers and God knows what else, so it is good it is out of the way," he added.
    "When you're trying to run businesses, it's not easy trying to resolve things when you're dealing with lawyers."
    The case against Ecclestone concerned a BayernLB banker, Gerhard Gribkowsky, who was allegedly paid by the Briton to ensure the F1 stake was bought by a company that he favoured, so he would remain in charge of the sport.
    Gribkowsky was sentenced to eight and a half years in prison in 2012 for accepting bribes.
    Ecclestone says the payment was given to Gribkowsky after the banker threatened to make false claims about the F1 boss's tax status.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks to 4me2

Mobileman (6th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: What a CU next Tuesday

he will earn that back in two months!... how obscene is that.. He is a self made man though.. and I think he has changed F1 for the better and managed the rights well..

It must be hard having such a vacuous piece of shit for a daughter.. She appears to be a weapons grade cunt with nothing to occupy her time other than narcissism..

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

So he has paid a bribe to stop himself being jailed for bribing. hmmmm.

4 Thanks given to tronads

4me2 (6th August 2014),  corskey (6th August 2014),  Mobileman (6th August 2014),  Over Carl (13th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tronads View Post
    So he has paid a bribe to stop himself being jailed for bribing. hmmmm.
    You said it mate.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Bernie comes top of the GRADE A CNUT list in my book

Only reason F1 put up with him is there all shit scared he will end their careers and earnings, whichever team or position your in is irrelevant no one is safe IMO

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

That just about pays for his daughters make up for the month. Fecking hell they shovel it on.

petratamara.jpg

Thanks
    Karma Level

there's a moose, loose about this hoose.....