Close

Thread: BBQ Sticky Ribs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info BBQ Sticky Ribs

Probably get slammed by some of the seasoned pro bbq'ers & smokers on here who might I say have posted some delicious looking pics and recipe's but I made these ribs last weekend in a spur of the moment family bbq I hosted and they turned out absolutely delicious.

Firstly I got 2 racks of pork ribs (from Morrisons £2ish each) chopped into 3or4 rib bunches to fit in my large saucepan, added a roughly chopped onion, a chopped carrot, a chopped stick of celery, couple of garlic cloves, whole peppercorns and a couple of bay leaves, topped up with hot water then brought it up to boil then turned down and left to simmer with the lid on for an hour.
    Next I made my BBQ sauce, for this i mixed together tomato ketchup, dark soy sauce, dark brown sugar, paprika, hot chilli powder and a tiny bit of cayenne pepper.
    After the hour I removed the ribs from the broth and put them in a container, poured my bbq sauce all over them and brushed it in with a pastry brush then left in the fridge for a couple of hours until the bbq was ready to cook on.
    Next I put the rib pieces on the bbq and brushed the tops with more of the bbq sauce, i turned the ribs probably four or five times each time basting more of the bbq sauce on when they where finished they where really sticky with a few bits blackened around the edges and totally delicious!

Thanks to RSV

BigBrand (8th August 2014)