Close

Thread: New battery

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default New battery

After some advice please chaps. I have been using an iTaste VV3 but would like a new battery. Can anyone give any recommendations?

Been looking on google but not had a lot of advice. Prefer it to be under the 50 quid mark if possible.

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: New battery

£50 for a battery? - I'd want a free blowjob from it at that price.
    I spend @£10 max on a battery. Usually a variable voltage with an led indicator so i know when its running low.
    Check ebay. There's loads.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have tried the cheap VV batteries and some aren't as good as others. I don't mind spending a bit of dough on something which is good quality and is going to last. I really want the provari battery but call the line at £150

Thanks
    Karma Level

I always said that I wouldn't buy a provari or the like as I didn't want to carry a lightsabre around with me all the time but I have been pleasantly surprised by the pair of Vamos I picked up this year to replace the ego twists and LCDs I was using before. I was a bit worried they'd be too big to throw in your pocket like the LCDs and twists and it'd look like I was carrying a lightsabre round with me but they're actually about the same size in 18350 mode.

Bang for buck, I think the updated V5 versions and Mukey side by side vamo mods from Fasttech are hard to beat @ about £20 (Inc del) for just the body..... if you don't mind the wait altho you can always pay some1 on eBay a bit more to get it quicker and be covered by their t&c s.
    I wouldn't trust the basic chargers and low power batteries they sell with the kits tho tbqh.
    It's worth spending the extra on a quality charger and batteries for piece of mind and longer vaping between charges imo.

Thanks to Hippie on hill

tigro (12th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Been looking at the VAMO and it looks brilliant. One question, can you use it in 18350 mode from stock? Or do you need to purchase extra parts to make it smaller?

I've also read there are a lot of clones going about, can you suggest where is best to buy a Vamo? Appreciate the quick and detailed response

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fasttech do a few different versions from different factories that all use the Vamo name so it's always best to read the description, reviews and discussion sections to try to figure out which version the page relates to and whether buyers have had any problems with that particular version.
    I think this is the latest version with the updated software that shows battery power, coil resistance and power output when you press the button
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...attage-mod-apv
    Reading the reviews and discussion there is an issue with the centre pin getting stuck with this version tho

You can use the standard Vamo in 18350 or 18650 mode from stock as you get 2 battery tubes that screw on so you can decide whether to use both tubes for the longer 18650 (or 2 18350s) or a single tube for the shorter 18350.
    Check out the Mukey side by side mod (see product drop down in the link above) if you're looking for something shorter as the battery is mounted next to the control section to make it a lil smaller. I think I'll grab a Mukey for out n about if they ever get round to making a stainless steel version.

Thanks to Hippie on hill

tigro (12th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Took the plunge today and ordered the Vamo V5 kit. It is genuine with card and code. Also got with it, 2 batteries, charger and 2 heads (which will be binned) as I have a protank 2 mini.

All for £36, really can't argue at that price.

Oh, and I bought some pre-made wicks and coils from fasttech. Save even more money Which eliquid do you use? I am currently enjoying The Flavour Factory range. Haven't found a better supplier of eliquids compared to these guys.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Good choice, I think the genuine KSD ones are the better ones.
    I didn't like look of the chargers in the kits tho so I ended up buying a Nitecore one, for peace of mind.

Been buying DiY liquids from 1 of the sites BB posted in another thread iirc (ecig-liquid.co.UK) and a roll of Kanthal wire for rebuilding the coils for my Aerotanks from eBay, which has cut running costs a little and given me a few more options and things to tweak

Did you find any cheap, high powered 18350s on your travels?
    Best I could find were 2x 1500mah TangsFire ones for about £7 last time I had a look around.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The Vamo is a good mod. I also had a smoktech sid that was fine too, (its now just sat in a drawer as I've moved on to a vaporshark rDNA). Ran both with efest purple 18650 battery.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok........So I got my new mod today (Vamo V5) yet to be impressed with it to be honest. It looks the business but I feel the taste which is quite horrible and burned at times, even used a new atomiser. The lack of air going through the tank is a lot less too.

Had much better luck with my iTaste V3. Im using 2.2 ohm coils, could this be the problem? When I go higher than 7voltss or 3.7 watts it tastes minging

Thanks
    Karma Level

this is a great mod will not be in stock long these go like hot cakes uk based http://myepack.co.uk/mods/ipv-v2-50w-box-mod.html

this is a well built mod that should last a long time.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tigro View Post
    Ok........So I got my new mod today (Vamo V5) yet to be impressed with it to be honest. It looks the business but I feel the taste which is quite horrible and burned at times, even used a new atomiser. The lack of air going through the tank is a lot less too.

Had much better luck with my iTaste V3. Im using 2.2 ohm coils, could this be the problem? When I go higher than 7voltss or 3.7 watts it tastes minging
    you should be able to go 12 watt plus on a 2.2 ohm coil without any burning taste sound like its a atty problem try a kanger protank or aerotank with adjustable airflow that should stop the burning taste you could try adding 10% distilled water to your liquid only if you think the liquid is to this high vg content

sx chips and dna chips based mods are the ones to go for they have the new technology can be bought at fasttech or myepack uk based
    Last edited by philmein121; 14th August 2014 at 04:58 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I run mine at 1.4 ohm 12 watt.

Burning taste suggests your tank is not wicking properly, hence burning the wick.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd also be wary of cloned DNA chips, the one I had wasn't at all accurate. Gone genuine evolv now & haven't looked back.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Here's my current setup, kayfun lite v2 sat on a vaporshark rDNA30

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408031755.392493.jpg

It vapes like a champ

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd make sure it's set to RMS mode (minus button for 15seconds) and start at about 7w to see how high you can take the power before it starts tasting scorched.
    I've got Aerotanks on mine, with the airflow controllers and about 1.8ohm coils, and found that different flavour liquids vape best at different wattages from about 7.5 to 11w.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for all the comments. I am using a PT2 mini and have also tried a PT2. Both are similar. Liquid is 50/50 so I doubt it is that. Coils are genuine Kangertech too so the only thing I can think is what you suggested maybe it isnt very well suited for Protanks. Might have to check for an aerotank. Only tried one brand of liquid on it, perhaps this specific liquid is best suited to low Volts or Watts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Another option, I still love my mini protank3 sat on a vision spinner2.

You can order the whole lot from fastech for not a lot of cash.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Does the protank 3 mini have a airflow valve?

I have heard good things about the nautilus mini too, tempted by this one.
    Last edited by tigro; 15th August 2014 at 08:17 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

No it doesn't, it's quite an airy draw. Think you'd need an aerotank mini for adjustable airflow in the kanger range?

Not tried a mini nautilus.. I've heard good things about them too.