Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Wanker 1&1 what a bunch of CNUTS

well time to get rid of 1&1 completely, i had a domain with them and last year may transferred it to my hosting provider hostgator

Today get a email from a debt collection company telling me to call them, turn out they are acting on behalf of 1&1 after googling them so decide to call 1&1 and as what the fuck they are playing at !!

after being on hold for 25 minutes get through to the local uk billing team in the PHILIPPINES with some idiot as me the same questions in broken Engrish for 10 minutes im told that i didnt pay an invoice in 2013 so they passed it to this company, Never emailed, called me or wrote to me so after another 20 mins get to speak to a supervisor and explain above that it was transferred to a different host. cut rest story they have credited invoice after looking at notes from when i did the transfer but cant promise that this company wont keep calling or emailing Cheeky feckers

SO my issue is i want everything now away from 1&1 and possibly even hostgator when thats due for renewal, i have hostgator hosting although even thats over kill for 4 page old website that takes up 200mb and a 2gb email account on 700mb

My main work email address(.co.uk) is attached to mycompany.co.uk domain thats with 1&1 and also a mycompany.com domain is with them but hosted by hostgator

i could really do with keeping the email address(just had new stationary to go with new logo done) and transferring both domains but is that also possible for the email address as cant seem to find a definitive answer from 1&1, and im not ringing those wankers again or my tv might get broken in a fit of rage

so any suggestions on how can do this the easiest way as possible at moment

tbh if sky offered personal webspace that would be enough to host my site or should i just host myself now my server nearly up ??

HELP the rant has scrambled my brain !
    Last edited by Mobileman; 15th August 2014 at 08:08 PM.