Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Wanker 1&1 what a bunch of CNUTS

well time to get rid of 1&1 completely, i had a domain with them and last year may transferred it to my hosting provider hostgator

Today get a email from a debt collection company telling me to call them, turn out they are acting on behalf of 1&1 after googling them so decide to call 1&1 and as what the fuck they are playing at !!

after being on hold for 25 minutes get through to the local uk billing team in the PHILIPPINES with some idiot as me the same questions in broken Engrish for 10 minutes im told that i didnt pay an invoice in 2013 so they passed it to this company, Never emailed, called me or wrote to me so after another 20 mins get to speak to a supervisor and explain above that it was transferred to a different host. cut rest story they have credited invoice after looking at notes from when i did the transfer but cant promise that this company wont keep calling or emailing Cheeky feckers

SO my issue is i want everything now away from 1&1 and possibly even hostgator when thats due for renewal, i have hostgator hosting although even thats over kill for 4 page old website that takes up 200mb and a 2gb email account on 700mb

My main work email address(.co.uk) is attached to mycompany.co.uk domain thats with 1&1 and also a mycompany.com domain is with them but hosted by hostgator

i could really do with keeping the email address(just had new stationary to go with new logo done) and transferring both domains but is that also possible for the email address as cant seem to find a definitive answer from 1&1, and im not ringing those wankers again or my tv might get broken in a fit of rage

so any suggestions on how can do this the easiest way as possible at moment

tbh if sky offered personal webspace that would be enough to host my site or should i just host myself now my server nearly up ??

HELP the rant has scrambled my brain !
    Last edited by Mobileman; 15th August 2014 at 08:08 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 1&1 what a bunch of CNUTS

Don't know too much about domains etc but when the other half wanted me to set up a website for her old man i started dabbling with wordpress and ended up using tsohost.com.

This is a similar topic from their forum about transferring..

http://forums.tsohost.co.uk/threads/...g-to-you.1559/

Thanks to andmor

Mobileman (15th August 2014)  

DF Super Moderator Rick Sanchez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi mate,

I run a web hosting company (having a lot of work done to the site atm) and have a lot of experience with these issues. I can help if you'd like? PM me if you wish to keep it private
    Domain Registration, SSL Certificates and Web Hosting - Fusionhost- 25% Discount Available On All Web Hosting Plans For DF Members - Code: DF2022

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by hilljd00 View Post
    Hi mate,

I run a web hosting company (having a lot of work done to the site atm) and have a lot of experience with these issues. I can help if you'd like? PM me if you wish to keep it private
    hi mate, guess main thing i want try and find out is can i keep email addy or do i just back up and use another email on my.com account
    you could send me some prices on hosting 1 site with 3 domains in total taking up 200mb max and email up to couple of gig should be fine

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Get the domain transfered to Hostgator and then register all the email addresses with a provider like Gmail.
    http://www.google.com/enterprise/app...roducts/gmail/

Done this the other day for a client after they got the run around from their old hosting company.
    Got it moved to 123-Reg and all the domain name servers/email details remained the same. However, you should backup all your MX records beforehand to make sure no information is lost.

Relatively easy to do so long as you are the registered holder of the domain name. Companies have to comply to your requests if you own it. I know the transfer fee to 123-Reg is £10.99 per domain.

In order to get the domain transfered, you have to apply for the domains EPP Code from the current registrar.

Thanks
    Karma Level

After having gisol try to hold me to ransom years ago always now keep domains registered at 123 but hosting elsewhere

Thanks to hoponbaby

Bald Bouncer (17th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by hoponbaby View Post
    always now keep domains registered at 123 but hosting elsewhere
    Exactly what I do also...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by hoponbaby View Post
    After having gisol try to hold me to ransom years ago always now keep domains registered at 123 but hosting elsewhere
    Same here, have several and use valuevps.co.uk for my hosting

Thanks
    Karma Level

1&1 are complete wank, poor poor poor customer service and tied in at so many points. I had a similar experience to yourself. Now host all my stuff with TSO Host. UK based, best customer service and quick turnaround on any problems that I get.

Thanks to Spike2k1

Bald Bouncer (26th August 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I must be lucky! I've been with 1&1 and had no issues with them in the years I've held domains with them. Few times I've needed their CS they've been pretty useful!

DJ OD

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i have had similar issues with 1&1 in the past and their customer service was shocking
    immediately moved everything over to hostgator and havent looked back.
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Agreed bunch of ass clowns, had an issue trying to use them about 8 years ago they promised the earth and then couldn't even handle the restore of a sql database so just moved to a proper server and they then refused to refund in part under a sly clause they had. Might be ok for a basic web site but anything you need to be reliable or a web site of substance then find a proper company.

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

DJ OD (26th August 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

quick update have moved domain over to hostgator who have my hosting anyway, and giving google apps a bash on the email by migrating in old address and setup a new email as decided to just drop the .co.uk and use .com only for everything

1&! have been cancelled for the lot

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was fortunately given details of FastHostingDirect who've been great. Got my friend's car sales business hosted there, pointed a few other friends their way as well (one was about to sign up for some stupid-a-month "deal" until I sent him the link).

The only niggle I've found is that in my mate's case I needed four domains pointing at one site (a .co.uk, a .com, plus two more with hyphenated domain names) and there's no way to easily lump them all together, so I've had to run all four as separate sites, with three of them 301-redirecting straight to the main one. Still works out cheaper in the long run than hosting with someone like 1and1, but if you needed dozens all pointing at the same site it'd probably get a bit too pricey to do that way.

p.s. Ignore the "half price" deal on the website, it's been running longer than an Allied Carpets sale!