41 62.12%
  • No - Lets work things out

23 34.85%
  • Away an boil yer heed you nosey doaber

2 3.03%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Should Scotland be independant?

I am as above if you want to split from the UK then go ahead

The UK will want substantial amounts of money from the Scots to cover their part in the debts laid on to the UK and then you can crack on have fun with your oil and Whiskey production.

Last year the UK imported 43% of its oil from other countries and as for whiskey Japan makes more whiskey that Scotland. Also as said the trident programme will wipe off 15billion a year from the Scotland's budget.

I see it as one of those things you say to your kids, I wouldn't do that if I was you as its going to hurt, but they do it anyway and come back crying well there is no coming back not for 100 years when I would be surprised if they were doing any better than the bankrupt Greeks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Should Scotland be independent?

A majority of 1 vote does it this time.

Thanks to DavidF

g_wizkid (19th September 2014)  

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

They should let the England vote on this. I think the majority would be to kick the feckers out

Thanks to Mickey

piggzy (18th September 2014)  

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Ive stayed back from commenting on this post, as frankly, as a Scot living in England, I don't get a vote, but I would like to assert one thing.

Ive heard from the side lines a lot of "Scottish Bastards/English arseholes", "kick them the fuck out" bla bla bla. I would like to point out that this only represents a minority of people. It simply isn't about Scottish/English rivalry for once. We are not Anti-English, we are Anti-Westminster. I think everyone as an individual, relishes the idea of controlling their own destiny, decisions and future. Its a luxury we all enjoy. Apply the same to a concept to a Nation. People want to go it alone. Even parts of Northern England want to break away from Westminster and its corrupt politics.

Overall, when the Union was first created, it wasn't created out of love for each other, and to make a prosperous nation, it was created as a necessity. A necessity that is no longer required.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeGoose View Post
    we are Anti-Westminster. I think everyone as an individual, relishes the idea of controlling their own destiny, decisions and future. Its a luxury we all enjoy. Apply the same to a concept to a Nation. People want to go it alone. Even parts of Northern England want to break away from Westminster and its corrupt politics.
    You honestly think that the new Scottish government will all be honest ...i give it a year and it will be as corrupt as Westminster ... Power breeds corruption ....Scottish people won't control their own destiny.it will be the power hungry pricks that are appointed that will do as they like .....Just like Westminster

3 Thanks given to beaconboy

BigBrand (18th September 2014),  Cosmicpore (17th September 2014),  CzarJunkie (18th September 2014)  

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

thats a possibility, but at least it will be Scottish Politicians controlling Scottish policy. No country has the right to involve itself in another countrys affairs. End of. At least if it is a yes vote, thet get a chance to do it their own way for a change, if they fuck up they fuck up.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeGoose View Post
    thats a possibility, but at least it will be Scottish Politicians controlling Scottish policy. No country has the right to involve itself in another countrys affairs. End of. At least if it is a yes vote, thet get a chance to do it their own way for a change, if they fuck up they fuck up.
    The why oh fucking why is Salmond banging on about staying a member or becoming a member of the EU? also why is the SNP banging on about being a green party and environmentally friendly and getting rid of tridant then in the next breath Salmond saying yeah we have plenty of resources left to rape from the planet to go it alone?

If I was Scottish I would vote yes because I am a gambler but don't kid yourself it isn't a huge gamble and so much of it is totally out of Scotlands hands because if the financial markets decide it's a huge risk they will make you pay huge interest rates on loans and there are so many things I haven't even seen mentioned that will need a resolution like DVLA, TV licencing etc etc etc plus don't think on a yes vote Westminster are not spiteful enough to pull every contract they have out of the country and the nice things you want to keep you may not be able to as you no doubt will not be able to cherry pick things.

|Edit I predict a 53% no vote, I saw one reporter and what she said rang true to me about the 'undecided' she said a lot who have said they are undecided actually came up to her after the filming and said they are voting no but won't say it as they are sick of the aggressive arguments thrown at them if they say no like being unpatriotic and some who said they would vote no also said they would not put a poster in their window saying that either.
    Last edited by Bald Bouncer; 17th September 2014 at 06:30 PM.

6 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

4me2 (17th September 2014),  CallmeGoose (17th September 2014),  Cosmicpore (17th September 2014),  CzarJunkie (18th September 2014),  GTI (17th September 2014),  tips (18th September 2014)  

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

it is a massive gamble. My dad is VERY passionate about all of this, and a hardline yes man. He could go on for hours as he has done all the research. He knows the risks, and is willing to gamble.

Fuck knows why Salmond is wanting to join the EU. That part baffles me. I can understand wanting to get shot of nukes - we should be at a stage in civilisation where we shouldnt need unecessary deterrents like that - and it just proves how much of a backward society we are (but thats another topic for another time).

A lot of the still, unresolved issues, weren't really going to be resolved until we had a decision on the referendum. Finality is needed to finally push the major decisions through. I for one would love to see an independent scotland share a currency union at the very least, the £ has always been part of my childhood and I would hate to have to exchange my English £££ into Euro's just to go visit my family for a few days in Scotland. fuck that.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If Scotland does go its separate ways, I reckon we will also wave goodbye to Wales and Northern Ireland in the very near future as well.
    I still think that after tomorrow, the UK will still exist as it is now. We shall see.

Thanks to DejaVu

CallmeGoose (17th September 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm almost certain the vote will be no.

All this business has achieved is a massive amount of consternation, vitriol and bad feelings.

I'm very much looking forward to business as usual.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I keep hearing on TV and reading the same comment about "Let them go it alone then they will realise they made a mistake when it all goes wrong"

Am I missing something here? Is this not the stupidest thing thats being said in all this? Why? BECAUSE ITS ALREADY GONE FUCKING WRONG AND FOR TO LONG!

Have Westminster, colluding with all the businesses and bankers not already fucked everything up for the UK "Union" ?? The whole money system is a farce, we are still and always will be paying for their greed and incompetence that occurred before and after the so called "2008 crash" That crash that affected erm let me think, politicians? NOPE! Bankers? NOPE! Big Business? NOPE! The everyday common man and woman? Ah thats the one! Common being everyone else other than them cunts who govern us and decide how best to fill the pockets of all their fucking chums!

I will never understand why anyone would not want to be away from the scum fucking cunts that run this so called "Union"

union

noun: union; plural noun: unions; noun: the Union
    the action of joining together or the fact of being joined together, especially in a political context.

Joining together? Hmm well is there anyone here that thinks we have all suffered the same since 2008? Its funny that the definition states "Especially in a political context." That says it all does it not? The politicians are all joined in unity to figure out how best to fuck 99% of the "Union" to better the top 1% of the "Union" We are not a fucking union we are a separate entity from the higher class, the sad thing is I dont think this will change anytime soon, it will be more likely to see WW3 before the people wake the fuck up! The problem is, people are to stressed with work, bills, food, heating etc to give a fuck about whats really going on and dont have the energy to join forces and get rid of these fuckers once and for all!

Quote ancojo 2014 "The few govern the many to better the few"

In a democracy It should be:-

Quote ancojo 2014 "The few govern the many to better everyone fairly and equally"

When we vote for them we are telling them we want them to do our work to help give us a better life but they never do it that way, they do what the fuck they want because the few have the power! How the fuck does that work?

I coudln't give a fuck if the sweaty socks hate us English, fucking vote YES and do us all proud! Stand up to the Elite once and for all, make that statement!

ancojo
    Last edited by ancojo; 18th September 2014 at 12:32 AM.

2 Thanks given to ancojo

cloudy73 (18th September 2014),  GTI (18th September 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Should Scotland be independent?

You think that will all magically vanish if the vote goes Yes ? Also the crash was worldwide not a Westminster issue. Anyone would think there was no Scotish MP's in Westminster.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ancojo View Post
    Have Westminster, colluding with all the businesses and bankers not already fucked everything up for the UK "Union" ?? The whole money system is a farce, we are still and always will be paying for their greed and incompetence that occurred before and after the so called "2008 crash" That crash that affected erm let me think, politicians? NOPE! Bankers? NOPE! Big Business? NOPE! The everyday common man and woman? Ah thats the one! Common being everyone else other than them cunts who govern us and decide how best to fill the pockets of all their fucking chums!
    If the Scottish were sitting on such a liquid goldmine why does the UK have a deficit at all they could of just drilled a bit more oil and paid off all the debt, then the UK would be a rich and fruitful economy but this is not possible to extract the oil so quickly.

The Scots will have to apply for entry into the EU and this could take 3 years they don't get to enter via any sort of proxy from having used to be in the UK, they will not get the pound either as they do not have the capital to buy into the pound. this is just the tip of the ice berg,

what about fishing quota's and how many Scottish fishermen will be out of jobs,
    Sports national lottery will not fund these (you could set your own up and this weeks jackpot is £4.50),
    NHS you are not going to be able to afford the welfare system let alone free prescriptions with out the financing from the UK,
    Education no fees for Uni will be scrapped and the whole education system will be in turmoil,
    Employment no jobs be lost at all well theres certainly not new jobs being created and who's going to pay the dole money?

With in 2 years if they did split I can see VAT in Scot going up to 30%

These are just a few points that Salmon doesn't seem to be able to answer

it just reminds me of the quote from mean machine "That's the Scots all over, innit? On the firm when it suits them, and the next minute they're all misty-eyed and independent."

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have never won a bet on a betting slip yet. So just to ensure a No vote I stuck a tenner at 3/1 (Edit) on a yes vote win just to make sure the union remains. Fuzzy logic..
    Last edited by JonEp; 18th September 2014 at 10:00 AM.

2 Thanks given to JonEp

4me2 (18th September 2014),  Northernbloke (18th September 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by akimba View Post
    If the Scottish were sitting on such a liquid goldmine why does the UK have a deficit at all they could of just drilled a bit more oil and paid off all the debt, then the UK would be a rich and fruitful economy but this is not possible to extract the oil so quickly.

The Scots will have to apply for entry into the EU and this could take 3 years they don't get to enter via any sort of proxy from having used to be in the UK, they will not get the pound either as they do not have the capital to buy into the pound. this is just the tip of the ice berg,
    Why - we may not even elect to join...and R-UK look as if it is looking to vote to come out of EU....All that said EU is an inclusive org and "usually bend over backwards to expand"

what about fishing quota's and how many Scottish fishermen will be out of jobs,
    Scotland has about 20% of the UK's fish in its own waters ffs. It has already been touted that if we are not in EU then the TWELVE EU countries who currently fish in OUR waters would be banned from doing so
    Sports national lottery will not fund these (you could set your own up and this weeks jackpot is £4.50),
    Piffle - Camelot will sell their "idiot tax" anywhere they can. There are many other ways to improve sporting facilities...most countries don't use the Lotto...
    NHS you are not going to be able to afford the welfare system let alone free prescriptions with out the financing from the UK,
    Haha lol. We are net contributers to the Uk mate - We put in more than we take out - Even the NO camp admit this.
    Education no fees for Uni will be scrapped and the whole education system will be in turmoil,
    Same as above
    Employment no jobs be lost at all well theres certainly not new jobs being created and who's going to pay the dole money?
    Jobs will be lost and created mate - There is already talk of turning Faslane into a Navy base - and we need to build a few ships too. But that is just one instance - There will be job losses but there will be job gains....The genral idea is that the gains cover the losses plus a bit extra
    With in 2 years if they did split I can see VAT in Scot going up to 30%
    Oh well if it does we will all be sorry...but it won't effect YOU so why get the hump about it ?
    These are just a few points that Salmon doesn't seem to be able to answer
    Salmond is not the King of scotland.....He and the SNP have been used as a vehicle to get us this vote...it only took 50 years ffs.
    it just reminds me of the quote from mean machine "That's the Scots all over, innit? On the firm when it suits them, and the next minute they're all misty-eyed and independent."
    Your post come's across a bit like a demented parent who can't stand to see their kid growing up and leaving home. Salmond could not answer a lot of questions because the rest of the political parties refused to discus any outcome other than what they will do if we vote NO. All of them banded together to try to quash the little SNP upstarts....But it looks likely that their negativity and dirty politics is going to come back and bit them on the arse.
    BTW the oil money.....well spread around 5 million people gives us a bigger share than spreading it around 65 million.
    Lastly if it upsets anybody from R-UK what I have posted......Then I apologize for wanting something potentially better....I hope we can all still be friends on Friday no matter what.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by JonEp View Post
    I have never won a bet on a betting slip yet. So just to ensure a No vote I stuck a tenner at 1/3 on a yes vote win just to make sure the union remains. Fuzzy logic..
    1/3 ? You have been had mate - you could have got 3/1 easily and 4/1 if you shopped around lol.

Thanks to DavidF

JonEp (18th September 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    1/3 ? You have been had mate - you could have got 3/1 easily and 4/1 if you shopped around lol.
    3/1 ... lol just shows how often I go into a betting shop..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    Your post come's across a bit like a demented parent who can't stand to see their kid growing up and leaving home. Salmond could not answer a lot of questions because the rest of the political parties refused to discus any outcome other than what they will do if we vote NO. All of them banded together to try to quash the little SNP upstarts....But it looks likely that their negativity and dirty politics is going to come back and bit them on the arse.
    BTW the oil money.....well spread around 5 million people gives us a bigger share than spreading it around 65 million.
    Lastly if it upsets anybody from R-UK what I have posted......Then I apologize for wanting something potentially better....I hope we can all still be friends on Friday no matter what.
    Haha you calling me the demented one, I am happy for you to choose Yes and leave the UK and risk your whole future on a whim without any substantial answers to some major questions about your economic future I would say that's pretty demented?

Have you done any research into the oil situation? why has the drilling of oil dropped so much in the last few years and is predicted to fall further in the up an coming years? Is this you master plan to incite demand and drive oil prices up? I don't think so as the UK demands on North sea oil is dropping in 2012 we used 67% of north sea oil importing 33% last year we used 57% importing 43% and this trend will continue. So who is going to be buying all your oil?

And BTW my wife is Scottish so I have been keeping an eye on this

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm proud to be British , if it's a yes vote I'll be genuinely gutted .
    a lot of the People up hear that are voting yes would rather be bloody Irish

Thanks to plug1

4me2 (18th September 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by plug1 View Post
    I'm proud to be British , if it's a yes vote I'll be genuinely gutted .
    a lot of the People up hear that are voting yes would rather be bloody Irish
    A lot of the people up their are also not Scottish with a great influx of Polish etc which at the last census was 7% of Scotland's population were born outside of the UK, these people who really don't give 2 hoots if part of UK or not will also have a influence on the vote same applies to the 16-17 year olds who have no true real political opinion and could be easily swayed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast