Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sky free TV call!

I dumped Sky two years ago, they offered the 75% Discount for the year. I took it.
    When that ran out, they tried the sly full price trick (no warning - just billed me), so I rang to cancel again.

I cancelled BB and Phone and moved to BT Infinity and ended up paying £14 for Sky Variety for a year (half price). That year is almost over so I'll be on the blower again with the cancel request.
    I was thinking of returning, but the BB they can offer is only upto 40Mb and we are now used to 72Mb from BT... who will also get the 'I can get it cheaper from Virgin' treatment.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by maltloaf View Post
    Mines free for a year (family pack), free broadband too. I'm only paying line rental.this is a new customer deal though, not a renewal.
    Precisely my argument with them. And I've told them so. Loyalty gets you nowhere and I'm subsidising the deals like ancojo and maltloaf and many, many others have got.

I have already offred to pay the line rental up front for another year so £120 for TV, BB and line rental would be well worth it.

Thanks to chizh

Over Carl (4th October 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by chizh View Post
    Because it's a comeback to us deal, dumbass. Read the first post
    Dumbass? your the fucking dumbass Sky dont do your bills 4 months in front, they cant do incase you order PPV channels and the like they are done on a monthly basis fucking dumbass

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by keyser666 View Post
    Dumbass? your the fucking dumbass Sky dont do your bills 4 months in front, they cant do incase you order PPV channels and the like they are done on a monthly basis fucking dumbass
    Ouch. I'm hurt.

Can't believe someone would go to the effort of making fake account page, just to prove a point.

BTW. Just checked my own sky account and they still have projected bills for my line rental for the next 3 months, even tho' I'm now with ee.

Grow up and pick your dummy up while you're at it.

Thanks to chizh

ancojo (5th October 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

keyser666 and chizh, if you must argue over something so trival can you please at least do it like gentlemen?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Why would a company provide you with you with a loyalty in any way shape or from, you had your discount when you joined and like others you push for more and more.if Sky said to every Tom, dick or Harry yeh ok you can have it for fuck to nothing then the business would have no revenue to put back onto the business.if that was the case then complain .like any company increasing their customer base they are doing what's right for the growing business, customers and the future of Sky.Grow up comes to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by chizh View Post
    Precisely my argument with them. And I've told them so. Loyalty gets you nowhere and I'm subsidising the deals like ancojo and maltloaf and many, many others have got.I have already offred to pay the line rental up front for another year so £120 for TV, BB and line rental would be well worth it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by keyser666 View Post
    As chizh states the print screen was for my projected bills which I will keep checking just incase they sneak in a full payment and as he also states why would I go to the hassle of making a fake account page?

Just chill its not the first time someones got a deal that doesn't add up, I fully understand the "Loyalty" point. I was with BskyB for about 10 years with no deals, I switched back to them only because it was a good deal due to being an ex O2 customer when Sky bought out O2 BB, I had to pay line rental and anytime calls but the TV entertainment HD package and BB was all free. I've been given the exact same package all over again, when the O2 switch free offer ended I cancelled and about 2 months later got "That" call offering it for free again! I didnt believe it myself as why offer it all for free other than maybe them hoping I get so hooked I decide to stay next year! Nope I'm a skin flint I wont pay for over priced TV, I begrudge paying the TV licence, fucking rip off! There isnt even a BBC+1.

So chill and if you can, why not cancel and wait a few month for that call that everyone seems to get offering deals?

ancojo

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Sounds like a good deal either way!

My mate works for Virmin and got me on the mates rates deal, it's about £45-£50 a month with 150Mb BBI, TiVo 1TB with XL TV, VHD box in second room and free calls at weekends. I can get other people onto it also if they wish.

Thanks to Brydo666

littlebilly1 (5th October 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brydo666 View Post
    Sounds like a good deal either way!

My mate works for Virmin and got me on the mates rates deal, it's about £45-£50 a month with 150Mb BBI, TiVo 1TB with XL TV, VHD box in second room and free calls at weekends. I can get other people onto it also if they wish.
    I've tried to pm you but you haven't got any free space

Sent From TapaTalk

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by littlebilly1 View Post
    I've tried to pm you but you haven't got any free space

Sent From TapaTalk
    Should be good now.

Thanks to Brydo666

littlebilly1 (5th October 2014)