Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Coffee drinkers, how do you brew?

to quote myself from back in 2008 :
    Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post

gourmet coffee drinker = complete wanker in my book anyway..
    So here I am, on my path to complete wankerdom

Currently got a simple hand grinder, french press, milk foamer (that doesnt work with the majority of shitty milk you buy here) and chocolate powder shaker thing and templates in case I need to go full homosexual.

Usually I just grind enough beans in the morning to make 2 or 3 cups and limit myself to that, after learning the mad skills of coffee making via youtube.

Upon visiting a shop dedicated to coffee brewing, I realise theres a world of different ways to make coffee and I am considering automating the process with a half decent machine, although nothing too flash.

Currently I am drinking some starbucks french dark beans, which I admit I am not so keen on, but the wife thought she would be nice to me and bought a 2.5kg bag instead of the usual 1kg, so I'm perfecting my methods with it. Previously had some blue mountain and similar beans.

Course grind, 2 or 3 7gram spoons into the press, cover the grind with just enough water to wet it through and leave to bubble for a few mins, then fill the press half full with the same water, dash of salt before topping up with freshly re-boiled water 2 - 3 minutes later, plunger down, leave for a minute then drink with milk n sugar.

If I can be fucked I walk to a shop down the road and get a bottle of 'real' milk, which smells a bit funky but will foam properly and then I can drink it like a boss, but that's rare since the bitch that runs the shop refuses to understand my shitty Chinese even though I buy the exact same fucking thing every time I go in. Plus the foamer only works if i use 4x as much milk than I need for 1 cup of coffee.

Coffee drinkers of DF, what are your methods and preference of beans etc?

Thanks to {{909}}

Ashley (2nd November 2014)