Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Bernie Ecclesc**t, time to go you little shit

Eddie Jordan here repeating what he said on air after the last race...

Marussia F1 team fold, administrators FRP announce

By Andrew BensonChief F1 writer in Sao Paulo
    The Marussia Formula 1 team has ceased trading and all staff will be made redundant, administrators FRP have announced.
    The team went into administration last month and had hoped to return for the final race of the season after missing the US and Brazilian Grands Prix.
    Their driver Jules Bianchi remains in hospital in a critical but stable condition after suffering severe head injuries in a crash at the Japanese GP.
    Over 200 people will lose their jobs.

Loss of Marussia devastating - Jordan
    Marussia had been in talks with two potential investors, but when a deadline of 12:00 GMT on Friday passed with no funds transferred the team folded.
    Geoff Rowley, joint administrator at FRP Advisory, said: "It goes without saying that it's deeply regrettable that a business with such a great following in Britain and worldwide has had to cease trading and close its doors."
    Elements of Marussia management still hope to return to F1 next season and have applied for entry to next year's world championship under the name of Manor F1, the team's original guise.
    Marussia
    Entered the sport under the Virgin Racing name in 2010. Required chassis change because the fuel tank was too small. Finished last in the constructors' championship
    Began a new technical partnership with McLaren in 2011 after ditching their digital-only design approach. Finished last in the constructors' championship
    Rebranded as Marussia in 2012. Lay 10th in the constructors' championship until the last race when Caterham overhauled them
    Reserve driver Maria De Villota loses her right eye in a crash in July 2012 while testing. De Villota died the following year
    13th place in Malaysia was enough to claim their first top-10 finish in the constructors' championship in 2013
    Jules Bianchi scores the team's first ever points with ninth in the 2014 Monaco Grand Prix
    Bianchi suffers severe head injuries after crashing at 2014 Japanese GP - remains critical but stable in hospital
    Marussia go into administration in October before folding on 7 November after a buyer fails to materialise

The Caterham team, who also last raced in Russia, remain in administration.
    Their administrators said at the US Grand Prix last weekend that they had set a deadline of two weeks to find a buyer or that team would have to fold too.
    Marussia's final race was at the Russian Grand Prix on 12 October.

BBC F1 chief analyst Eddie Jordan said: "There are four reasons why the three teams who entered F1 in 2010 have all failed.
    "First, Caterham (previously Lotus), Marussia (previously Virgin) and HRT were promised that the sport would have a budget cap of 50m Euros and governing body the FIA failed to impose this.
    "Secondly, the costs for an engine were about £5m last year but have gone up to £15m this season with the introduction of new turbo hybrid engines."
    "Thirdly, teams have to use Ecclestone's freight but the costs of this are high. There used to be a £10m payment from the commercial rights holder to teams to support the freight costs but Ecclestone withdrew that two years ago."
    "Fourthly, there is the gross disparity of $300m being skimmed off the top of the money allocated to pay the teams as a cash payment for the top five teams, Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Williams and Mercedes."
    "Who's accountable? It's Bernie Ecclestone's job to make sure promises are adhered to, and these costs are not coming down next year even though the manufacturers originally said they would."

Marussia driver Jules Bianchi is still in a critical condition in hospital after suffering severe head injuries in a crash

Marussia have folded despite having their best season in four years in F1.
    Marussia currently lie ninth in the championship thanks to the two points Bianchi scored by finishing ninth in Monaco.
    They will retain that place officially, but when it comes to allocating the prize money from this season, the remaining team below them - Sauber - will be moved up and receive the funds instead.
    With the collapse of Marussia and Caterham, the prize money that would have been paid to the 10th team in the championship will be retained by the commercial rights holders.
    The administrators of Caterham have launched a crowd-sourcing project to try to raise funds to allow the team to compete in Abu Dhabi.
    Last edited by blaggard; 8th November 2014 at 12:36 PM.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Bernie Ecclesc**t, time to go you little shit

I cant believe they HAVE to use the dwarfs freight services....

Fucking scammer.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Unbelievable huh?
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think its about time they had every team use the same car, Same chassis/engine/gearbox.

Then its how you set the car up and down to the drivers, instead of how it is now where the team with the most money have a better chance of building a much superior car.

Used to really love watching F1 back in the Senna / Mansell days, could never miss a race. But now I just cant be arsed, if its on and I see it's on ill watch it.

Gone are the days where I would set my alarm to watch a race.

Thanks to AD

Mobileman (8th November 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree money buys success but the formula rule changes also stop new ideas. In the early 60's Ferrari and Maserati ruled the F1 scene with big front engined cars then along came Colin Chapman and John Cooper's mid engined cars using a fraction of the budget. They should either use the same cars or allow an open 'anything goes' formula.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    I think its about time they had every team use the same car, Same chassis/engine/gearbox.
    I'm surprised someone who's been watching F1 for so long would suggest such a thing. You think F1 is boring now? To do that would kill it for sure.

Did you ever watch the A1 GP when it was on? They used that method there and guess what. It was shit and boring with no overtaking (even with the boost button they had) hence why it only lasted a couple of years.

To do what you suggested would take away from what F1 is all about. Granted things could be better at the moment but I still think there have been some brilliant races this year with action all the way through the field. I agree it's nothing like the Senna/Mansel era and a lot of it feels forced or artificial with all the DRS, ERS and god knows what else next. It's not technology and money that killed off some of the excitement and drama though. It's all the safety regs and the lower risk of death that has taken the the fun out of it.

As for Bernie. His initial intentions were good when he started out to try and change the sport but somewhere along the line he climbed so far up his own arse he can't see the light anymore!

Thanks to Jokah

Mr 250 (8th November 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MHP View Post
    I agree money buys success but the formula rule changes also stop new ideas. In the early 60's Ferrari and Maserati ruled the F1 scene with big front engined cars then along came Colin Chapman and John Cooper's mid engined cars using a fraction of the budget. They should either use the same cars or allow an open 'anything goes' formula.
    There was also the Ford Cosworth DFV engine that replaced their Climax engine which led to their success. I've got a book about the double four valve engine story and the list of wins is hugely impressive over a long duration.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks to beansontoast

MHP (12th November 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jokah View Post
    Did you ever watch the A1 GP when it was on? They used that method there and guess what. It was shit and boring with no overtaking (even with the boost button they had) hence why it only lasted a couple of years.

Nah never watched it..

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post

Then its how you set the car up and down to the drivers, instead of how it is now where the team with the most money have a better chance of building a much superior car.

Used to really love watching F1 back in the Senna / Mansell days, could never miss a race. But now I just cant be arsed, if its on and I see it's on ill watch it.

Gone are the days where I would set my alarm to watch a race.
    F1 is about engineering, not who's the better driver.
    Give everyone the same car and then it will be shit.

Thanks to Mr 250

Jokah (8th November 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

behind the front to drivers i have enjoyed the racing thats gone on, loved seeing the battles behind, seeing vettel and alonso go at it in pretty average cars has been a good watch and all of the experienced drivers like button and massa have been pulling off some great moves.

its the minnows which is a problem unfortunately they are being fogotten so bernie cna get his 3 car team idea put forward, which is ashame because all of todays top drivers (besides hamilton) have raced for some bottom end teams to learn their trade and worked their way to the top.

Thanks to pratman

Jokah (9th November 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

This current debacle is where F1 is becoming a farce (even more so than usual).

The racing has been good and they're taking away from it with nonsense like this. 3 cars is just stupid along with double points for the last race. Now I don't just say that because Hamilton is currently leading. I have said that since it was announced. Complete joke!

They're on about the third car been used for young drivers but there are so many more complications, draw backs and implications from a third car and less teams.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

My thinking is along the lines of AD, with the common chassis, but more like Indycar, where the chassis is common, but the teams can develop their own aero packages, wings etc, and can of course choose their own engine.
    F1 also needs to lose this silly restriction on the cars looking identical. BAR requested years ago to have differing sponsors on their 2 cars but it was refused. This is just a nonsense and allowing the same team cars to have a different livery on them would allow the teams to increase their sponsorship revenue.

Whatever happens, it cannot be right that lap times in F1 are only a few seconds quicker than the GP2 cars on the same circuits.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was unaware of the sponsor thing. Yet another move from Eccelstone that grinds my gears. If anything it would be beneficial to the viewer. Especially new ones as it would still be clear what team the car belongs to with the added benefit of being able to identify the individual driver as well.

The problem with the speed difference between F1 and GP2 is that they do not want these cars going any faster (I'll revert you back to my previous comment about safety).

I haven't followed GP2 over the years but I would assume they have made bigger leaps in catching up to F1 in terms of speed than F1 have made to get away from them. I will say however that there will be an incredible amount of work that will have gone into the F1 cars to make them a few seconds faster while still adhering to the strict safety rules implied. On top of safety they now have all this efficiency bollocks which in my opinion is not what the sport was ever about but it is what it is and they've still managed to make it good viewing. Even without these rules it isn't as simple as just packing more power into it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

he's a grade A twat