Win 7 - Allowing my laptop accesss to wireless printer but block the net

Thread: Win 7 - Allowing my laptop accesss to wireless printer but block the net

bigal993 said:

Default Win 7 - Allowing my laptop accesss to wireless printer but block the net

Guyz
    Im after some advice please, I want to allow my laptop, to access the wireless printer on my home network BUT I cant allow it access to the net, its on windows 7, the router is a netgear DGND3700, Ive been at it all day but cant find any way of doing it, any experts offer any advice please
    best regards
    Al

Over Carl said:

Default Re: Win 7 - Allowing my laptop accesss to wireless printer but block the net

Setup a static IP addres but do not enter a default gateway.

bigal993 said:

Default Re: Win 7 - Allowing my laptop accesss to wireless printer but block the net

Im not big into pcs mate, would i do that on the laptop itself, sorry for the dumb question

bigal993 said:

set up the ip mate, but the laptop is saying the wireless printer is offline

x_Mr_C_x said:

I don't know if it's the case for that model of router, but some routers have an access restrictions or parental controls section where you can add either the mac address or network name of the PC and choose to block or restrict internet access. Have a poke around the router config screens and see if you can spot anything similar.