Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Dreambox 800 HD stuck at OPENPLI screen?

My stepson bought himself a Dreambox 800 HD this week, today he got round to setting it up, at first it turned on and he got the free channels but then for some reason it now gets stuck at the second loading screen (The one after the skull image) Its an image of photos of snowy mountains with the world OPENPLI, in the top left corner theres a spinning loading icon that comes and goes and red light just constantly flashes on the front of the box?

I tried connecting to the box using the IP but I just get a message on his laptop saying no com ports?

He was going to insert his c_line details but never got the chance to!

Can anyone help in sorting this issue? I have a basic knowledge in this area and have never used one of these boxes before. I did search google but couldn't find the image sceen its froze on or any decent info on how to resolve this!

Thanks

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Dreambox 800 HD stuck at OPENPLI screen?

Have you got any experience of flashing new images to the dm800? If not then don't worry as it's a doddle. I think you should flash a new image on anyway it should sort out the booting problem in most cases. I've used an image modified by "cobra1423" since Christmas and it's really useful, comes with auto bouquets and refreshes the EPG daily.

Before flashing an image try this and see if you get to the flashing interface. Power off the dm800 and remove the power lead. Press and hold the silver button on the front and keep it pressed in while you reconnect the power lead. The dm800 should come on and the small screen will say "hold" and an IP will appear (edit: you can let go of the button now!). Type this into a browser window on a computer that's on the same network as the DM800 and you should see the interface for flashing a new image. If this works then you then you can easily change the image. One thing to note about the cobra1423 image is the password isn't standard when you want to connect with dreambox control centre, I can't remember it right now you'd have to check any readme or info from wherever you get the image - if you choose that one.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks to beansontoast

ancojo (28th February 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Dreambox 800 HD stuck at OPENPLI screen?

Thanks beans

I tried the IP thing earlier after reading it on google but I just kept getting the cannot find server on the webpage? It doesn't seem to want to connect to the box!

I made a mistake in my post above, the "No com ports error" was when i tried to use DreamUp?

Thanks

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've had to use dreamup in the past to resurrect clone receivers. I had to use a patched version (a search returned this link: http://www.dreamoem.com/showthread.p...up-and-Browser ). Is your version of dreamup a patched version? Incidentally it's not essential to have the network cable attached for dreamup just the serial.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks to beansontoast

ancojo (5th March 2015)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

What web browser chrome was a cunt when i was flashing mine use firefox as I had the same prob.

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

Thanks to bobo06

ancojo (5th March 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for the replies but seems the box was faulty so sent back for replacement!