Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Anyone playing Dying Light?

I have to say, really impressed with it, The co-op is good as well. Really good story and plays really well. 9/10

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Anyone playing Dying Light?

yeah playing it on PC. only played the first few missions. have to say, the first time i was caught out at night i shit myself - didnt dare look behind me as i ran back to my safe zone being chased....

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeGoose View Post
    yeah playing it on PC. only played the first few missions. have to say, the first time i was caught out at night i shit myself - didnt dare look behind me as i ran back to my safe zone being chased....
    Yeah is well scary at night, jumped out of my skin a few times, really good game

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

played a mission last night where i had to collect money from a fisherman in a tunnel. basically there was no one there - and i had to meet the fisherman elsewhere. anyway im in this tunnel (well not in the tunnel, more of a service room which shoots off it) and night time comes.

so i close all the doors and wait for the night stalkers to come out. i can see them on my mini map just through the next wall. also keep in mind this isnt a safe zone, just a area where i have managed to close all the doors to keep zombies from getting at me.

so with no quick way to pass the time i ended up having to wait to 9 hours until sunrise in this service room. fuck going outside. as i continued to explore this rather large service place, thinking i had killed all the zombies in it, i turned a corner and honestly shit myself and jumped out my chair. i was staring at the back of one of those hazmat zombie dudes - which hadnt noticed me yet. one quick jab to its oxygen tank and it exploded, boom! excellent.

ended up doing length of the service rooms hallway, each length i did killed 20mins ingame time. got my stamina up a bit, haha.

day time came and i left. must admit that is how gaming should work. Proper intense atmosphere.

Also, if you come across a assault rifle or any gun for that matter, dont bother with it. more trouble than there worth, end up attracting loads of zombies. The only place i would use the guns is in those "quarantined zones" areas - which are buildings seperate from the actual main map (like a seperate map, seperate mission type thing) ie - once your in the building zombies from outside wont hear noise or be attracted to you so thats the only benefit of using guns in game.

Thanks to CallmeGoose

Robbo (7th March 2015)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm stuck trying to get a tissue sample from a bolter at night.. Jeez it's tense and keep getting attacked

qual

its a great game, but sometimes after a long session you just have to put it down, and when you come back to it the problem you were having is suddenly a piece of piss , it def gets the stress levels up, i made the mistake of trying to progress the story to quick, take time and do all sub missions, it helps alot

Thanks to qual

Robbo (15th March 2015)