Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

goodn The Talos Principle - Wow!

Summary: In The Talos Principle, players assume the role of a sentient artificial intelligence placed within a simulation of humanity's greatest ruins and linked together through an arcane cathedral. Players are tasked with solving a series of increasingly complex puzzles woven into a metaphysical parable about intelligence and meaning in an inevitably doomed world.

If that doesn't pique your interest then take it from me. This game is FANTASTIC! There's nothing to kill and there is no time limit. You simply explore a beautiful world solving very interesting puzzles to collect artefacts as your "God" has commanded. There are different areas with many rooms containing the puzzles and you also interact with computer terminals where an AI is constantly questioning if you are conscious, what makes a sentient being are you human and other philosophical questions while you try to figure out what is actually happening. Are you plugged in to some virtual world? Are you a program? A robot? Brilliant.

The sound track is lovely and atmospheric, mellow tones that simply relax you.

I'm completely addicted and trying to find out what's happening in the story has me glued. The missus already hates it!

Just a word of advice, buy the full game from Steam as the pirated version has been purposely broken so you can't progress too far in the game. At €13.39 (33% Steam discount) it comes to less than a tenner and in my opinion it's worth more than these 50 quid pile of shit games available.

5 Thanks given to cyprus

lagigolo (31st January 2016),  marvyboy (3rd April 2015),  pattikins (4th February 2016),  piggzy (30th January 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: The Talos Principle - Wow!

I saw this advertised back last year and didnt pay it any attention. However... i had a go on a "backup version" today and gotta admit, it was fantastic. I was unable to play for long as the version i was using wouldn’t allow me to open the gates so contour proceed any further. Strange ! Im not a big game player tbh so besides to usual of CDkeys and Ebay, where would u recommend i should go to find a good deal on this game ?

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The clue is in the OP

HINT

Spoiler:
    Just a word of advice, buy the full game from Steam as the pirated version has been purposely broken so you can't progress too far in the game. At €13.39 (33% Steam discount) it comes to less than a tenner and in my opinion it's worth more than these 50 quid pile of shit games available.

Thanks to Mickey

cyprus (31st January 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If you enjoy this check out 'The Witness' as well - another great puzzle game just out.

Thanks to prezzy

cyprus (31st January 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bad News Re: The Talos Principle - Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    The clue is in the OP

HINT

Spoiler:

The price has increased since his post in 2015. its now £30 on steam

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Well you missed the boat when he originally posted it

google is your friend

its just over £8 if you look

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Well you missed the boat when he originally posted it

google is your friend

its just over £8 if you look
    Finding it for sale is easy, its knowing which are reputable trusted sites which other members would recommend. I have possibly found somewhere now, so hopefully not a problem. Thanks for your help though.

Thanks to josweet

Mickey (31st January 2016)